What is the most slept on game this gen and why

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Fantastic game.

Addictive gameplay and did all the characters justice from a lore standpoint. Even the obscure tertiary ones like Magik became a favorite of mine by the time i finished her side story.

I wish it did better sales-wise so they could've had more DLCs or a sequel to introduce more Marvel characters.

I think it would have fared better as just a straight up x-men game as much as i loved spider-man and blade in it

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
I think it would have fared better as just a straight up x-men game as much as i loved spider-man and blade in it
Honestly... whoever that writing team was, they just need to be outsourced for any future marvel rpg or "movie games" bc they understand the deep cuts and nuances of how the characters tic and interact with each other.

...from Spider-Man who was a near 1:1 of the comics, to someone like Blade who they kept the spirit of the character in tact even tho they bushed his entire upbringing and accent (he a Londoner, not from New York)...

Like if a studio wanted to do a Baulder's Gate 3 type Marvel game and Larian wasn't available, i'd say at least get these midnight suns mf'ers for some scripting and character profiles.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Honestly... whoever that writing team was, they just need to be outsourced for any future marvel rpg or "movie games" bc they understand the deep cuts and nuances of how the characters tic and interact with each other.

...from Spider-Man who was a near 1:1 of the comics, to someone like Blade who they kept the spirit of the character in tact even tho they bushed his entire upbringing and accent (he a Londoner, not from New York)...

Like if a studio wanted to do a Baulder's Gate 3 type Marvel game and Larian wasn't available, i'd say at least get these midnight suns mf'ers for some scripting and character profiles.

Blade was played by Michael Jai White right? I think Wesley kind of retconned a lot how we see the character, like Nick Fury.

It’s unfortunate that the final paragraph is downright impossible now that Jake Soloman left Firaxis. I’d even be worried about how the next XCom game turns out, a lot of the top guys at Firaxis left and a lot of people were laid off after midnight suns bombed

SupaHotIce

All Star
Daps
Marvel Midnight Suns

I think a lot of people misunderstood the card elements and immediately wrote it off but I feel like it’s basically an 8 outta 10 persona/fire emblem type game with a marvel theme
shyt was so good I was falling asleep with the game still on :wow: Iron Man, Spiderman, Banner in this are the best non-comic versions of these characters imo. The rest are just as good too, even Cap who I find mad boring no matter what

Kinda mad the season pass wasn't on sale when it was free on Epic. Price of a full game for 4 characters :francis:

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Blade was played by Michael Jai White right? I think Wesley kind of retconned a lot how we see the character, like Nick Fury.

It’s unfortunate that the final paragraph is downright impossible now that Jake Soloman left Firaxis. I’d even be worried about how the next XCom game turns out, a lot of the top guys at Firaxis left and a lot of people were laid off after midnight suns bombed
Yup the Wesley influence lives on, and also because MJW is a solid niche actor (who killed it as Blade) but sure as hell couldn’t pull a British accent. So it just made more sense to double down on the Americanized iteration.

And… I didn’t know that about the Xcom team :francis:

That’s 2 birds lost with one stone bomb.

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang

Gizmo Duck: You seen one nikka you seen them all :patrice:

TL15

Veteran
Daps
Control

SCP inspired sci-fi mixed with Lovecraftian horror. Control is a well made game, and it got me reading every document I could find to figure out more about that universe.

Came here to post this :salute:

Fantastic gameplay and leveling up system
Difficult and varied fights
Great story
Great graphics
Great (use of) environment
Great mission variety

Widely slept on :wow:

Piffiztheanswer

L'immortale
Daps
Reppin
The International Scene
For me, I think it's Goat Simulator 3 (and probably the entire series)

So for those who haven't played it, it's in Gamepass. It plays like GTA,,, very much so
But you're a goat (you can change to other animals or humans) but you gain super powers. So it turns into a saints row type of deal. As a goat you can run up buildings. The abilities you gain are unique. The random missions are fun and not repetitive unlike GTA which can get really repetitive at times (offline at least)

This game is 4 players, has online play I believe.

Is much much deeper story wise than I thought. Graphics are stellar as well. I put thought into this, I've played a ton of games this gen. I don't have a 1b, this is it as the most slept on title this gen (so far) imo
Crazy i randomly bought it during the summer sale and was pleasntly surprised!