Damn how are people doing it out here?

tuckgod

The high exalted
Bushed
Daps
I live in an apartment ,it was 90 yesterday came home & had both ac’s runnin felt good af :wow:

Having air conditioning is mandatory and summer hasn’t even started yet
Had both these bytches cranking on full blast two days straight in May :sadcam:

Gloxina

Veteran
Daps
I still had a home warranty when my AC went out last summer. Cost me almost nothing to get it fixed. Company went under afterward but I only had them in case the AC went out.
I don’t have a home warranty but I will say one of the smartest things I did was become a “member” of one of the appliance repair companies around my way. One of my uncles uses them for repairs and he got a quote from them for something in my place a while back. Didn’t go with them because we used a hookup with a relative’s in-law (connections are SO important 🙏🏾).

Maaaaaaaaan my damn A/C went out and like half my fam was out of town :deadrose: . I was scrambling to remember the company’s name, but found a mailer from them and said “ah, that sounds familiar”.

Those ppl came out same day and because my uncle was in their database they hooked me up. The unit itself was still under warranty so the part I needed was free, and they gave me a deal on labor.
I was so happy I signed up for their membership. Works out to like $200/yr but now whenever I have an issue with heating or air (which isn’t often :hubie:) I don’t get charged. I just call and they roll through same day to check out whatever it is.

Tair

Superstar
Daps
My area already reaching 80 degrees when it usually averages 68-69 degrees. This summer is gonna be a hot one.

Make sure your AC right and stay safe.

:whew:

Pete Wrigley

Twerk, Petunia, Twerk!
Supporter
Daps
I have a home warranty but when my AC went out last year, I still had to pay out of pocket. I have a Trane system and apparently it's a specialized unit :unimpressed:

Morethan1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Midwest
Just had a quote to replace my AC. $6.4K to $14.2K on how premium I go and I’m in an average house. I’m doing good financially right now but damn I saw that BS and felt legit bad thinking about a breh out there making $60K a year with a family seeing that number. Central air costing a car note???

:francis: I see why so many people are just giving up

Man I work in insurance and I see roof payment between 5k to 35k and I can see the jobs these people have and it's not much more than I make.

Believe it's hard out here for everyone

Canada Goose

Pooping on your head :umad:
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Hottest May on record in parts of the US..
Damn, it's been hoodie weather for most of May in NYC, a couple of weeks ago I had the heat on!

We have been lucky in my city for May. Only downside is it has been raining alot and that rain always lands on the weekend :mjlol:

I don't have A/C so I hate the summertime, heat, humidity, bugs, etc :scust:

Mike809

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx
I hope you ain't in Florida.

giphy.gif

BigMoneyGrip

I'm Lamont's pops
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Straight from Flatbush
Just had a quote to replace my AC. $6.4K to $14.2K on how premium I go and I’m in an average house. I’m doing good financially right now but damn I saw that BS and felt legit bad thinking about a breh out there making $60K a year with a family seeing that number. Central air costing a car note???

:francis: I see why so many people are just giving up
Yeah central air will do that to your pockets.. I converted my house to central air… ran me bout $30k for everything

Givethanks

Superstar
Daps
Everything is expensive asf now. Just gotta level up career wise I guess, but there's no way it's gonna be faster then how everything is increasing :skip:

Rent went up 300 dollars last few years almost with no new appliances, AC, flooring, etc nothing :skip:
If you say that mfkrs are gonna come at your with "stop that bootstrap talk"
:mjgrin: