Damn how are people doing it out here?

3rdWorld

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
And Biden just added tariffs to Chinese solar panels hiking up their price, so you're trapped and fukked in the sweltering heat :francis:

KillerB88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL - Cleveland Ave.
Just had a quote to replace my AC. $6.4K to $14.2K on how premium I go and I’m in an average house. I’m doing good financially right now but damn I saw that BS and felt legit bad thinking about a breh out there making $60K a year with a family seeing that number. Central air costing a car note???

:francis: I see why so many people are just giving up
Buy a mini split

Scaaar

Superstar
Daps
Yeah I was looking to get a quote since it's close to that time for me too. But yeah it was 7k for just the a/c component. A full HVAC was 11k. But he also has one on there that was 30k! Who even spends that on an havc system is crazy lol

Geek Nasty

Brain Knowledgeably Whizzy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South Kakalaka
It's been bad since the Pandemic. They also changed the AC system standards last year which increased the cost.

My AC unit works but its old. I bought two window units back in February (one for each floor) and I'm rocking with those until I magically have a spare 15k for a new system.
Mine is ancient, rusted, uses the old coolant, but it still works. I'm not upgrading until I have to. There's a starter I need to replace, I bet I could do that myself instead of paying them $500.