Damn, fried plantains are pretty good

frush11

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
My favorite food. You can mash it up and have sweet mashed plantain as a side of any dish. My Jamaican homegirls makes plantain porridge. Super good!

Plantain porridge is so damn good, and banana and cornmeal ones too.:noah:

Last edited:

frush11

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
sweet ones taste funny
From my experiences, Haitians and Cubans are some of the only people to eat the non sweet version, aka the correct way.

also..if you're not using a tostonera to press down on the plantains...you're fukking up

:usure:

ShadowBroker

Born of the Night
Daps
Reppin
KIC 8462852

giphy.gif

NEGGED and REPORTED!:damn:

the bossman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast D.C.
In the first part, are you bragging about knowing how to use a knife?"show how to slice correctly?" hahahaha

I call sweet plantains diabetes + heart disease.....at least with the non sweet ones,I'll only get heart disease hahaha

Broham, 25-33% of all Haitians I know are married to West Africans...the food from those cultures are great...just not that plantain that tastes like dessert

I'm not sure if Cubans always cooked non sweet plantains or if it's because of the number of Haitians who have moved there over the decades...but depending on the oil used and how they are prepared.....the taste of them offsets all the heavily spiced and seasoned foods that Carib. and West Africans prepare. With the tostonera....the plantains don't absorb as much oil either...
:whoa: nobody ever said them shyts were healthy breh. matter fact. i deep fry the fukk out of some sweet plantains with a big ass bottle of vegetable oil :mjgrin:

GodsPerspective

Superstar
Daps
I don't have any family from Africa or the Caribbean, so we never cooked with them. There was a couple of guys from Nigeria at work telling me about some of the food a few weeks ago and one of them was like "you have to try the Jollof rice and fried plantains:ohlawd:" and I told him I'd look the recipe up online and try to make it when I have the chance. Bought a few plantains last week and let them sit, one of them was yellow and I fried it.

I botched the Jollof rice:francis:, but the plaintain was :wow: I'm gonna be cooking them every week now.
:myman:
I wish I could experience the joy of this delicious ass dish touching my lips for the first time again. :noah:

Just one more time:mjcry: