Damn, fried plantains are pretty good

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
lol where you from breh? go to a West african brehs party. we will show you how to do it right :obama:even how to cut it correctly at an angle:
1-IMG_7901.jpg

not that mashed up shyt:
IMG_3961.jpg
:gag::gag::gag: looks inedible

the number of dish combinations of mixing sweet and savory with fried plantains is endless. green plantains are cool for normal savory dishes, mostly with greens. outside of that
giphy.gif

In the first part, are you bragging about knowing how to use a knife?"show how to slice correctly?" hahahaha

I call sweet plantains diabetes + heart disease.....at least with the non sweet ones,I'll only get heart disease hahaha

Broham, 25-33% of all Haitians I know are married to West Africans...the food from those cultures are great...just not that plantain that tastes like dessert

I'm not sure if Cubans always cooked non sweet plantains or if it's because of the number of Haitians who have moved there over the decades...but depending on the oil used and how they are prepared.....the taste of them offsets all the heavily spiced and seasoned foods that Carib. and West Africans prepare. With the tostonera....the plantains don't absorb as much oil either...

im_sleep

Superstar
Daps
AAa are missing the fukk out, I feel bad...

Don't know how plaintains never reached over to this diaspora. They're practically ubiquitous in all African-descended peoples. (essentially West Africa and the entire American hemisphere from the Carribbean down).

Just got done eating some banan fri. :eat: :ohlawd:
Different climate/environment compared to everyone else, they don’t grow here.
:yeshrug:

Plaintains are the truth tho, I can eat em all day
:wow:

Tetsuo

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Texas
Yes. It is prepared by old Nigerian mothers in kitchens all over africa.

Didn't realize this till i left home and had other people's jellof....:mjlol:

I love you momma....:mjcry:

P.S. Beware of Ghanian brehs promoting some odd rice and tomato mixure they refer to as "Ghanian Jollof" (:mjlol:). Kindly decline and walk away as quickly as possible.
I was reading around earlier on various forums/comment sections and saw Nigerians and Ghanians getting into heated arguments like they'd be willing to hand out fades over who makes the best Jollof:dead:

I make plantain fritters
my uncle fave is roast plantain with peanuts

also this gets me every time

Saw that video before I made the thread.

The pronunciation is another world of fukkery:pachaha:

ShadowBroker

Born of the Night
Daps
Reppin
KIC 8462852