404 to 205
hqdefault.jpg

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
sweet ones taste funny
From my experiences, Haitians and Cubans are some of the only people to eat the non sweet version, aka the correct way.

also..if you're not using a tostonera to press down on the plantains...you're fukking up

the bossman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast D.C.
sweet ones taste funny
From my experiences, Haitians and Cubans are some of the only people to eat the non sweet version, aka the correct way.

also..if you're not using a tostonera to press down on the plantains...you're fukking up
the way haitians make it look weird as hell. shyt look like someone stomped the shyt out of it with their shoes :mjlol:. cut it at an angle like normal people

and what is the point in frying it if you're not going to fry the ripe one? :gucci:. just boil it and call it a day if you're gonna use the non-ripe ones

non-ripe plantains are ok but the ripe plantains are where it's at.

fried ripe plantains with eggs for breakfast :wow:

or fried ripe plantains with black beans :wow::wow:

koolkeef

Pro
Daps
I just discovered plantain this summer. Made them just a few times, but I'm still trying to figure out what's the best oil to use with them. And I like to let them sit until like 75% of the skin is black.

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
the way haitians make it look weird as hell. shyt look like someone stomped the shyt out of it with their shoes . cut it at an angle like normal people

and what is the point in frying it if you're not going to fry the ripe one? . just boil it and call it a day if you're gonna use the non-ripe ones

non-ripe plantains are ok but the ripe plantains are where it's at.

fried ripe plantains with eggs for breakfast

or fried ripe plantains with black beans

nah, chief....during the holiday season..I'll post pictures of how to make the best fried plantain ever

I'M THAT DUDE at family gatherings....they hold up eating and saying grace until I'm finished with the first batch of plantains

sweet plantains? negroes, please.

RehReh

đź–¤GhettoDollyđź–¤
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
UK
try rapeseed oil, or coconut oil
heres a hack
if ur plantain no ready (still a bit hard), fry grated ginger in with it, brings out the sweetness!

the bossman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast D.C.
nah, chief....during the holiday season..I'll post pictures of how to make the best fried plantain ever

I'M THAT DUDE at family gatherings....they hold up eating and saying grace until I'm finished with the first batch of plantains

sweet plantains? negroes, please.
lol where you from breh? go to a West african brehs party. we will show you how to do it right :obama:even how to cut it correctly at an angle:
1-IMG_7901.jpg

not that mashed up shyt:
IMG_3961.jpg
:gag::gag::gag: looks inedible

the number of dish combinations of mixing sweet and savory with fried plantains is endless. green plantains are cool for normal savory dishes, mostly with greens. outside of that
giphy.gif

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
lol where you from breh? go to a West african brehs party. we will show you how to do it right :obama:even how to cut it correctly at an angle:
1-IMG_7901.jpg

not that mashed up shyt:
IMG_3961.jpg

the number of dish combinations of mixing sweet and savory with fried plantains is endless. green plantains are cool for normal savory dishes, mostly with greens. outside of that
giphy.gif

In the first part, are you bragging about knowing how to use a knife?"show how to slice correctly?" hahahaha

I call sweet plantains diabetes + heart disease.....at least with the non sweet ones,I'll only get heart disease hahaha

Broham, 25-33% of all Haitians I know are married to West Africans...the food from those cultures are great...just not that plantain that tastes like dessert

I'm not sure if Cubans always cooked non sweet plantains or if it's because of the number of Haitians who have moved there over the decades...but depending on the oil used and how they are prepared.....the taste of them offsets all the heavily spiced and seasoned foods that Carib. and West Africans prepare. With the tostonera....the plantains don't absorb as much oil either...

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
1-IMG_7901.jpg

not that mashed up shyt:
IMG_3961.jpg

giphy.gif

In the first part, are you bragging about knowing how to use a knife?"show how to slice correctly?" hahahaha

I call sweet plantains diabetes + heart disease.....at least with the non sweet ones,I'll only get heart disease hahaha

Broham, 25-33% of all Haitians I know are married to West Africans...the food from those cultures are great...just not that plantain that tastes like dessert

I'm not sure if Cubans always cooked non sweet plantains or if it's because of the number of Haitians who have moved there over the decades...but depending on the oil used and how they are prepared.....the taste of them offsets all the heavily spiced and seasoned foods that Carib. and West Africans prepare. With the tostonera....the plantains don't absorb as much oil either...

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
1-IMG_7901.jpg

not that mashed up shyt:
IMG_3961.jpg

giphy.gif