Damn, Elden Ring did very well in America sales wise.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Bruh really out his fingers typed up Witcher 3's combat is as fun as Metal Gears.

Seriously?
That nikka tripping.

I’ll say I enjoyed all the aforementioned games for various different reasons but dude trying to box them in to make whatever dumb ass point he trying to make is just wrong at this point:smh:

AngryBaby

All Star
Bushed
Daps
theres more weapons, spells, enemies, bosses…in the average soul game than a dmc. Expansive may not be the best choice of words. And Ive ran thru every game in that series.

But only time I see you post is to try to holier than thou over souls game so your agenda is see through. Like I said until you can come back to me and say you won some tournies in gaming you the casual here :yeshrug: so stop the pretentious bullshyt.

You do understand that spell count, weapon count, and enemy count have nothing to do with combat mechanics right? Lol

Oblivion has more spells also than bayonetta, doesnt have shyt to do with combat mechanics. We're talking levels of input commands, combination potential, contextual inputs, directional input, animation canceling.

Meaning if i press triangle by itself its a simple attack, if i press triangle and circle at the same time its another attack, if i hold triangle, press back analog to circle its a different attack. If i hold triangle, then press square to triangle to hold again, its a completely different combination. THATS expansive combat mechanics. Allows for crwativity and nuance. Like DMC, Ninja Gaiden, Bayonetta.

Souls is light attack, strong attack, some jump attacks, and some holds. Thats basically it. Pretty simple. Which is FINE by the way. I do like Elden ring, i even have a Bleed PVP build set up already. I just know what it is, and what it isn't.

And I have done tournies, but that has nothing to do with understanding single player experiences and their differences and strengths lol

I think you're alittle out matched here when it comes to talking games my guy.

AngryBaby

All Star
Bushed
Daps
nobody is saying the quests in w3 arent exceptional they are saying the gameplay is so ass it makes it hard to even wnjoy them, which I agree with. Its a chore. Automata has pretty basic mashy gameplan since the story is the focus but at least its snappy and “feels” good and looks cool. W3 is cumbersome repetitive and boring gameplay wise. Id have more enjoyment with that shyt watching a cutscene movie on yt
Story is not the focus as much as combat in nier lol Nier is still a combat game by platinum.

Anyway,
So let me ask this

Metal gear solid 1,2,3 has clunky mechanics, definately not splinter cell or anything, but does that make splinter cell better than metal gear?

Mass effect was clunky, especially the original. Can you not understand the appeal of what that game is doing? Would you compare it to Too Human lol ? (witcher and mass effect are in the same class of rpg type)

Bioshock and Half life 2, or Deus Ex doesnt play as well as Doom eternal. Is Doom eternal better?

Morrowind doesnt have the combat of Dark Messiah, lichdom Battlemage, or dishonored. Does that mean morrowind is a weaker game?

See where im getting at? I think you need to start admitting you like combat over narrative and dont care for a blend.

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
You do understand that spell count, weapon count, and enemy count have nothing to do with combat mechanics right? Lol

Oblivion has more spells also than bayonetta, doesnt have shyt to do with combat mechanics. We're talking levels of input commands, combination potential, contextual inputs, directional input, animation canceling.

Meaning if i press triangle by itself its a simple attack, if i press triangle and circle at the same time its another attack, if i hold triangle, press back analog to circle its a different attack. If i hold triangle, then press square to triangle to hold again, its a completely different combination. THATS expansive combat mechanics. Allows for crwativity and nuance. Like DMC, Ninja Gaiden, Bayonetta.

Souls is light attack, strong attack, some jump attacks, and some holds. Thats basically it. Pretty simple. Which is FINE by the way. I do like Elden ring, i even have a Bleed PVP build set up already. I just know what it is, and what it isn't.

And I have done tournies, but that has nothing to do with understanding single player experiences and their differences and strengths lol

I think you're alittle out matched here when it comes to talking games my guy.

This pretentious twerp just wants to argue :mjlol:

You aint entered no tournies. Up a vid. Youre full of it.

AngryBaby

All Star
Bushed
Daps
That nikka tripping.

I’ll say I enjoyed all the aforementioned games for various different reasons but dude trying to box them in to make whatever dumb ass point he trying to make is just wrong at this point:smh:

I'm saying the core strength of metal gear isnt exactly the gameplay mechanics, similar to the idea that the witcher 3's strength isnt the combat. Thats the comparison. You guys are just alittle slow.

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
Story is not the focus as much as combat in nier lol Nier is still a combat game by platinum.

Anyway,
So let me ask this

Metal gear solid 1,2,3 has clunky mechanics, definately not splinter cell or anything, but does that make splinter cell better than metal gear?

Mass effect was clunky, especially the original. Can you not understand the appeal of what that game is doing? Do you prefer. Would you compare it to Too Human (witcher and mass effect are in the same class of rpg type)

Bioshock and Half life 2, or Deus Ex doesnt play as well as Doom eternal. Is Doom eternal better?

Morrowind doesnt have the combat of Dark Messiah, lichdom Battlemage, or dishonored. Does that mean morrowind is a weaker game?

See where im getting at? I think you need to start admitting you like combat over narrative and dont care for a blend.

Spoken like someone who never played the game.

Automata is a combat focused game where theres a section you can only complete by not fighting. Make it make sense :mjlol:

you act like its some affront to value gameplay in….a fukking game:russ:

True weirdo shyt. You damn right I value gameplay in a game over story. Who wants to trudge through a game that plays terribly just to experience a story. If thats the case Id watch a movie.

i recently played the first me for the first time. It was tortuous to play damn near. 2 was such a vast improvement its insane. Maybe I had to be there but I had to force myself to finish

AngryBaby

All Star
Bushed
Daps
This pretentious twerp just wants to argue :mjlol:

You aint entered no tournies. Up a vid. Youre full of it.

Wow dude, im actually arguing points with you. If you dont have a rebuttle dont gaslight and focus on something else to derail the convo like a dumb nikka would.

I read what you had to say, and responded to it. Do the same. Stop trying ti hide the fact that you dont have an argument.

THE 101

House Painter
Daps
I remember going from the gameplay of Dark Souls and Bloodborne to The Witcher 3's flabby combat and being like :picard:. This ain't it.

Same with God of War vs the From games. There's levels to this shyt.

There's some good writing on The Witcher 3 but From's entire approach to storytelling is much more interesting to me. They create mysterious etheral worlds where the total meaning of things can never be fully grapsed. They do their storytelling largely through environmental storytelling, item descriptions and NPC dialogue. I love that they are game ass games. I prefer that to the cinematic approach.

AngryBaby

All Star
Bushed
Daps
Spoken like someone who never played the game.

Automata is a combat focused game where theres a section you can only complete by not fighting. Make it make sense :mjlol:

True weirdo shyt. You damn right I value gameplay in a game over story. Who wants to trudge through a game that plays terribly just to experience a story. If thats the case Id watch a movie.

i recently played the first me for the first time. It was tortuous to play damn near. 2 was such a vast improvement its insane. Maybe I had to be there but I had to force myself to finish

So you didnt even play the 3rd game? lol

This is like trying to talk games with a dumb hood nikka lol I can only get so far.

I just gave you examples of great acclaimed games that do the same thing... you ignored all those points, or havent even played those games.

I think you know you lost this, and doing some hood nikka tactic of trying to make jokes about other shyt to save face lol

AngryBaby

All Star
Bushed
Daps
Wait the core strength of metal gear isnt its gameplay its the nonsensical fever dream narrative Kojima makes up?

these are woat tier opinions.
Yeah...there are better stealth mechanics that exist in the same era lol certainly narrative, creative ideas, story progression, and direction are more so what make metal gear what it is.

What proves this point is the best gameplay metal gear had was phantom pain. And that is the most hated mainline metal gear game lol

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
So you didnt even play the 3rd game? lol

This is like trying to talk games with a dumb hood nikka lol I can only get so far.

I just gave you examples of great acclaimed games that do the same thing... you ignored all those points, or havent even played those games.

I think you know you lost this, and doing some hood nikka tactic of trying to make jokes about other shyt to save face lol

Ive played every mass effect. Try again you weirdo.

Dumb hood nikka tactics :mjpls:

What are you trying to say here. Angry baby indeed

AngryBaby

All Star
Bushed
Daps

Nope, im saying different games have different strengths and focus. Yakuza doesnt beat shenmue just because yakuza has better combat. There's more to this shyt as an art form than that.

I can appreciate a mario, to souls, to a witcher 3 all the same. You clearly are demonstrating that you cant and have a narrow and simplistic understanding of what a "good game" is.

Thats a pretty reasonable stance. You just want to say "no this is better and that sucks". And im not with it

AngryBaby

All Star
Bushed
Daps
Ive played every mass effect. Try again you weirdo.

Dumb hood nikka tactics :mjpls:

What are you trying to say here. Angry baby indeed

Oh good, So you know mass effect 1 especially, gunplay wasnt the main focus. Apply the same logic to the witcher.

But you didnt even play 3 right?lol (which has way better combat than 2) At least im 80 hrs into elden ring.

And what about the other games, if you have played them. Then you know that im right.

Last edited:

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI

This is a really bad argument.

This is like trying to argue that virtua fighter's combat isnt as extensive as street fighter because it has less button inputs and combos.