Damn, Elden Ring did very well in America sales wise.

AngryBaby

All Star
Bushed
Daps
Why is witcher 3 being mentioned in here. As a game it cant fukk with ER beyond I suppose story.

Its gameplay is horrendous and has aged even worse

Because games can be more about just gameplay mechanics lol as witcher 3, shenmue, MGS, elder scrolls (older ones), final fantasy etc indicate.

Just admit you only care about running around doing what you want and fighting lol which is some real dude bro casual shyt.

If you cant even fukk with the witcher 3 lol that says you dont value quest quality at all.

Your ass just wants to run around and fight.

This is coming from someone who understands elden ring and likes the game. But i know what it is, And what it isnt

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
Because games can be more about just gameplay mechanics lol as witcher 3, shenmue, MGS, elder scrolls (older ones)etc indicate.

Just admit you only care about running around doing what you want and fighting lol which is some real dude bro casual shyt.

If you cant even fukk with the witcher 3 lol that says you dont value quests quality at all.

You got it bro :mjlol:

my fav game last gen was Automata and it wasnt for its autopiloty combat

All that sss dmc bullshyt I was doing it a decade ago. And I got exceptional fighting game execution so that shyt aint wven impressive to me like that…

you the casual tbh :mjlol:

AngryBaby

All Star
Bushed
Daps
You got it bro :mjlol:

my fav game last gen was Automata and it wasnt for its autopiloty combat

All that sss dmc bullshyt I was doing it a decade ago. And I got exceptional fighting game execution so that shyt aint wven impressive to me like that…

you the casual tbh :mjlol:
What im saying is dont act like from software games have mechanics that are as expansive. At all. Admit they are more simple

UpNext

Superstar
Daps
Ehhh not when the witcher 3 existed. You cant sit here and honestly act like Elden ring is scratching every itch that the witcher 3 created.

Im getting awesome exploration, weapon variety, location variety in elden ring. But there isn't other experiences here outside of...fighting. unlike the witcher 3, which had the most consistent questing variation and presentation we've seen in an open world RPG. And had better tech.

Bruh let's be honest, Witcher 3's gameplay was complete ass. It's damn near unplayable to me. I couldn't enjoy the environment because every enemy encounter was a chore.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
What im saying is dont act like from software games have mechanics that are as expansive. At all. Admit they are more simple
This is not true at all.

There’s so many options with the combat it’s crazy. “expansive” is actually the perfect way to describe Elden ring. From the world itself to the actual gameplay.

AngryBaby

All Star
Bushed
Daps
This is not true at all.

There’s so many options with the combat it’s crazy. “expansive” is actually the perfect way to describe Elden ring. From the world itself to the actual gameplay.

Im talking combat mechanics. They arent as expansive and nuanced as a devil May cry or Bayonetta or something , that's a fact.

AngryBaby

All Star
Bushed
Daps
Bruh let's be honest, Witcher 3's gameplay was complete ass. It's damn near unplayable to me. I couldn't enjoy the environment because every enemy encounter was a chore.

It was about as serviceable as a elder scrolls, metal gear or Final Fantasy.

FROM games center around combat, the witcher/(old school) elder scrolls, Final Fantasy etc does not. Do you...not understand that?

FROM games are combat oriented. Thats the main thing it does

You keep talking about the environment when the main thing witcher 3 was amazing at was consistent quest quality. That matters....but I see some gamers dont value it at all lol

As I said, many of the witcher 3's quests could be amazing without fighting at all. If you dont see the value in such a thing, then it makes the point that a certain type of gamer that chooses FROM games over all of that only values...fighting and cant really listen to shyt to save their lives.

I can play both and recognize that the elden ring aint doing what the witcher 3 does. At all. But the witcher 3 also doesnt have as cool...weapon variation enemies etc (even though W3 had great variety in enemies and lore behind them)

But to ignore everything the witcher does and act like elden ring superseeds that is a crime to gaming and sets a scary precedent.

Last edited:

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
Im talking combat mechanics. They arent as expansive and nuanced as a devil May cry or Bayonetta or something , that's a fact.

theres more weapons, spells, enemies, bosses…in the average soul game than a dmc. Expansive may not be the best choice of words. And Ive ran thru every game in that series.

But only time I see you post is to try to holier than thou over souls game so your agenda is see through. Like I said until you can come back to me and say you won some tournies in gaming you the casual here :yeshrug: so stop the pretentious bullshyt.

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
It was about as serviceable as a elder scrolls, metal gear or Final Fantasy.

FROM games center around combat, the witcher/(old school) elder scrolls, Final Fantasy etc does not. Do you...not understand that?

FROM games are combat oriented. Thats the main thing it does

You keep talking about the environment when the main thing witcher 3 was amazing at was consistent quest quality. That matters....but I see some gamers dont value it at all lol

As I said, many of the witcher 3's quests could be amazing without fighting at all. If you dont see the value in such a thing, then it makes the point that a certain type of gamer that chooses FROM games over all of that only values...fighting and cant really listen to shyt to save their lives.

I can play both and recognize that the elden ring aint doing what the witcher 3 does. At all. But the witcher 3 also doesnt have as cool...weapon variation enemies etc (even though W3 had great variety in enemies and lore behind them)

But to ignore everything the witcher does and act like elden ring superseeds that is a crime to gaming and sets a scary precedent.

nobody is saying the quests in w3 arent exceptional they are saying the gameplay is so ass it makes it hard to even wnjoy them, which I agree with. Its a chore. Automata has pretty basic mashy gameplan since the story is the focus but at least its snappy and “feels” good and looks cool. W3 is cumbersome repetitive and boring gameplay wise. Id have more enjoyment with that shyt watching a cutscene movie on yt

UpNext

Superstar
Daps
nobody is saying the quests in w3 arent exceptional they are saying the gameplay is so ass it makes it hard to even wnjoy them, which I agree with. Its a chore. Automata has pretty basic mashy gameplan since the story is the focus but at least its snappy and “feels” good and looks cool. W3 is cumbersome repetitive and boring gameplay wise. Id have more enjoyment with that shyt watching a cutscene movie on yt

Thank you!

It's like bruh, the gameplay in all those games you mentioned is so ass, I use fast travel and get bored just because I don't want to fight enemies. It's not a fun experience. When I play Witcher 3, I only play on Steam so I can set the experience counter up 10x because I feel like I deserve more exp for actually taking the time out my day to engage in this trash ass combat loop.

Here the combat is so amazing it makes me want to engage with the world more, mostly because I'm trying to fight everyone and everything.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
No it’s not a fact.

There’s so much more to Elden ring.

DMC Bayo are combo based, but the depth of combat is actually kinda limited. Once you master a combo, that’s about it. 10 people playing dmc will pretty much have the same experience and employ the same strategy.

Elden ring literally has dozens of builds you could learn, each requiring a very different strategy and skill. 10 different people playing Elden ring will have 10 very different experiences, exploring very different strategies.