Damn, Elden Ring did very well in America sales wise.

AngryBaby

All Star
Bushed
Daps
This proves that a 'traditional video game' with a high level of difficulty can sell and that every game doesnt' need to be some cinematic, movie-like experience that hand holds you all the way.

Question, how do you feel about uncharted 2 or the witcher 3 in comparison. Do you process those games as "hand holding"?

I find that casuals have a harder time playing the witcher 3 than playing elden ring, thats for sure.

Casuals dont like story, casuals skip cutscenes and just want to run around/fight. Elden ring lets you run around and just fight, which is fine. But thats why you see so many more casuals playing it on youtube than say, the witcher 3.

AngryBaby

All Star
Bushed
Daps
This proves that a 'traditional video game' with a high level of difficulty can sell and that every game doesnt' need to be some cinematic, movie-like experience that hand holds you all the way.
Also sifu, Devil May Cry, Ninja Gaiden...existed. hell, god of war on the hardest difficulty is harder than Elden ring.

I like Elden ring btw. Rocking a bleed build. But some gamers are more casual than they think if they say "best combat" or "no more quest logs!" Tells me you havent played alot of games.

AngryBaby

All Star
Bushed
Daps
Cuz they switched shyt up and this feels like a next generation genre changing open world.

Only thing really missing is a climbing mechanic, maybe not like Zelda where you climb rocks, but like a 3D Dying Light 2. shyt woulda been perfect for me with that.

Ehhh not when the witcher 3 existed. You cant sit here and honestly act like Elden ring is scratching every itch that the witcher 3 created.

Im getting awesome exploration, weapon variety, location variety in elden ring. But there isn't other experiences here outside of...fighting. unlike the witcher 3, which had the most consistent questing variation and presentation we've seen in an open world RPG. And had better tech.

HDiron

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Miami
I’m happy for you but I don’t want this to have a pull effect on the whole industry. Not everything need to be a “Souls-Like/Souls-Borne” game :scust:
Can you explain what exactly a “souls game” is? Been seeing that term a lot.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Can you explain what exactly a “souls game” is? Been seeing that term a lot.

Sub genre of action rpg that are designed around a set difficulty, made popular by hidetaka Miyazaki

Souls: Demon’s souls, dark souls, bloodborne, Sekiro, elden ring

Souls like: nioh, the surge, mortal shell, hollow knight, code vein

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Also sifu, Devil May Cry, Ninja Gaiden...existed. hell, god of war on the hardest difficulty is harder than Elden ring.

man sifu is not that hard imo…there are too many provisions that make the game far easier with time

YaThreadTrashB!

Superstar
Daps

Nice to see Souls Games finally becoming mainstream:blessed:

Horizon did very well too :blessed:

FNkuggCUcAIn04X

Miles Morales still selling 2yrs after release. Spider-Man 2 is going to smash all records :picard:

Looks like forgotten west wasn’t so forgotten at all

@MeachTheMonster

:umad:

AngryBaby

All Star
Bushed
Daps
man sifu is not that hard imo…there are too many provisions that make the game far easier with time
But yeah...notice you didnt talk about the other games i listed lol

Most guys that are lauding elden ring cant pull off a S combo in DMC if you handed them the sticks. So this "hardcore" shyt needs to stop.

Its resonates with more people than say...DMC because it's much...much...MUCH simpler as far as combat mechanics are concerned.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY

Most guys that are lauding elden ring cant pull off a S combo in DMC if you handed them the sticks. So this "hardcore" shyt needs to stop.

Its resonates with more people than say...DMC because it's much...much...MUCH simpler as far as combat mechanics are concerned.

i think im getting old cause playing DMC these days (and fighters) just makes my hands hurt after a while

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

ya bcuz I haven’t really played them lol

haven’t played a full DMC game since PS2

and the only ninja gaiden I ever played was on NES

so I literally can’t speak on these games

just sifu

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
Why is witcher 3 being mentioned in here. As a game it cant fukk with ER beyond I suppose story.

Its gameplay is horrendous and has aged even worse

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps

Dmc combe exhibitions are just that, exhibitions. 95% of the shyt in the series isnt necessary to beat the game on even DmD.

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Why is witcher 3 being mentioned in here. As a game it cant fukk with ER beyond I suppose story.

Its gameplay is horrendous and has aged even worse
Story, characters, side quests and Writing are as good as you get in gaming. Obviously gameplay is hella mid. But no one trying to defend that aspect of the game.

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
Story, characters, side quests and Writing are as good as you get in gaming. Obviously gameplay is hella mid. But no one trying to defend that aspect of the game.

Ehhh this is honestly cap too. Its a pretty good story, chars are cool but I cant say I was as engrossed as I imagined Id be from the hype it had.

its certainly good but best in gaming idk.