Damn, Elden Ring did very well in America sales wise.

UpNext

Superstar
Daps
Funny how gamers allegedly whine of open world gaming fatigue, yet the top 3 sold games were all open world and across all platforms no less.

Cuz they switched shyt up and this feels like a next generation genre changing open world.

Only thing really missing is a climbing mechanic, maybe not like Zelda where you climb rocks, but like a 3D Dying Light 2. shyt woulda been perfect for me with that.

Camammal

Half Man Half Mammal
Daps
Reppin
Marcy
No, PC version is broken

Broken how? If we’re talking fps/stuttering…What newly released pc game doesn’t suffer from optimization issues w/ certain gpu? Most people have zero issues with how it’s running currently and shyt has like nearly 1mil ppl playing at one time.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Funny how gamers allegedly whine of open world gaming fatigue, yet the top 3 sold games were all open world and across all platforms no less.
This ain’t an open world like Ubisoft games. This is a very different style of game than that.

As for Horizon, Sony stans gone Sony stan. Game is literally the ubi blueprint, but y’all loyal so…..:manny:

AngryBaby

All Star
Bushed
Daps
I think there will definitely be a copying of the Elden ring open world style which I’d definitely welcome.

Ehhh but we need to understand that questing and quest logs done right result in games like the witcher 3. FROM's design scheme and engine doesnt lend itself well to creating unique characters and cool scenarios that the witcher 3 gave me. Its great for exploration, but not for that.

For example, compare what I did as geralt in skellige vs the southern side of limgrave in Elden ring. The part of the world was empty, whereas in the witcher 3 I wouldve done unique quests and contracts that feel like mini stories.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Ehhh but we need to understand that questing and quest logs done right result in games like the witcher 3. FROM's design scheme and engine doesnt lend itself well to creating unique characters and cool scenarios that the witcher 3 gave me. Its great for exploration, but not for that.

For example, compare what I did as geralt in skellige vs the southern side of limgrave in Elden ring. The part of the world was empty, whereas in the witcher 3 I wouldve done unique quests and contracts that feel like mini stories.
Ellen ring just doesn’t spell it out for you and/or put a mark on your map.

Every portion of the map in elden ring has stuff to do, and story exposition attached to it. Just takes more work from the player to understand what the hell is going on.

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
This ain’t an open world like Ubisoft games. This is a very different style of game than that.

As for Horizon, Sony stans gone Sony stan. Game is literally the ubi blueprint, but y’all loyal so…..:manny:

From so many levels, it really isn't, but keep being salty slighting games that you don't even play and being mad Playstation gamers can play both AND play the best versions too. :manny:

Last edited:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
From so many levels, it really isn't, but keep being salty slighting haha that you don't even play and being mad Playstation gamers can play both AND play the best versions too. :manny:
It literally is as you just said.

Now you wanna change your story for Sony stan reasons.:mjlol:

Beside that, PlayStation has the worst version of Elden Ring. No need to make up lies breh.

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
It literally is as you just said.

Now you wanna change your story for Sony stan reasons.:mjlol:

Beside that, PlayStation has the worst version of Elden Ring. No need to make up lies breh.

It literally isn't and I said no such thing. Guess you confusing folks.

And we've already seen the receipts for Elden Ring comparison vids, breh.:mjlol: Keep slime balling it up tho. :mjgrin:

AngryBaby

All Star
Bushed
Daps
Ellen ring just doesn’t spell it out for you and/or put a mark on your map.

Every portion of the map in elden ring has stuff to do, and story exposition attached to it. Just takes more work from the player to understand what the hell is going on.

O get that. I understand elden ring fully.

Just know you arent going to get a "bloody baron" quest in Elden ring. Tje witcher 3 for example, knew how to create scenarios that were engaging without swinging a sword.

Oblivion for example, the dark brotherhood quest, where you were at a party, amd had to assassimate everyone privately one by one while getting to know them, for them to notice the party is getting smaller until its you and the last guy. Elden ring will never give me that.

Never underestimate how strong quests can create more diverse and cool moments outside of just fighting.