Dame Lillard Finally Requests Trade

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
That doesn't help the argument. Holiday made the all-star team. He's always been an all-star level player. Cousins was as well and he made the all-star team while him and AD were playing together.

2 playoffs in 7 seasons

8 playoffs in 11 seasons for Dame.

:manny:
If that’s the logic you want to go by, then Portland has done right by Dame over the years even with blunders like Collins and Crabbe. They just couldn’t get over the jump.

The biggest knock you could put against them is that they wanted too long to move CJ, which wasn’t all on them as it took Simons a while to emerge. You can also place blame that they didn’t upgrade their big man position even when it was clear they needed one because of Nurkic injury history.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
To Portland? Hell fukking no :heh:

How long have you been following the NBA? When has a star player EVER expressed interest in going there? Dame knew exactly what the deal was
They always know the deal... But they got to get that money first... Then ask out.

When really they could have just gone anywhere they wanted. But again... Gotta get paid first

And people wondering why owners are sick of this shyt

GOAT

The bubble was fraudulent
Daps
Reppin
NULL
how many free agents do any of these small market teams get? :mjlol:

If you can't get free agents then you need to draft well and/or you need to acquire players to the team.

Portland didn't do either.

:laugh:

But you knew that......
Dame knew too. And he still re-upped over and over again to get max money. Let’s stop acting like Dame staying in Portland for all those years was for any other reason. :mjlol:

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Yeah? How so? Who did Portland bring in that was a major piece?
What is considered a “major piece” in your opinion considering that Dame’s whole logic over the years was rooted in the fact that other players wanted to go elsewhere and not where he was currently.

You can’t fault Portland for that, which is why they made those moves like Crabbe and trading Collins that just didn’t work out.

Even Grant only wanted Portland because of the money and being a high tier scoring option.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
What is considered a “major piece” in your opinion

This is pathetic. Harden has played with hall of famers his whole career. Durant has played with hall of famers his whole career. Kyrie has played with hall of famers his whole career. I could go on. I wouldn't even say a major piece has to be a hall of fame level player. They couldn't even bring in a top 25-30 guy? At any point? in 11 years.

:pachaha:

GOAT

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Let's play that game for a second. Let's say Dame thought it was unrealistic. So your whole point here is that no star player should ever give a small market team a chance at building something..

Ok, so why do the small market teams exist then? What purpose are they serving?
No. You quite literally made that up out of thin air. My point is Dame didn’t stay in Portland out of loyalty/perseverance. He stayed because they could pay him the most money.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
No. You quite literally made that up out of thin air. My point is Dame didn’t stay in Portland out of loyalty/perseverance. He stayed because they could pay him the most money.

Players don't turn down the supermax. It's up to the team to build around them. We just saw Haliburton, Ant-Man, even fukking Desmond Bane sign for $200M+ but Dame isn't supposed to. :mjlol:

GOAT

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Players don't turn down the supermax. It's up to the team to build around them. We just saw Haliburton, Ant-Man, even fukking Desmond Bane sign for $200M+ but Dame isn't supposed to. :mjlol:
Ok cool. As long as we’re both aware of what the deal is. Dame re-upped multiple times in Portland because they could pay him more than anyone else, not out of loyalty. Nobody is saying he should/or shouldn’t do shyt. Just stop pretending him staying is anything other than financially motivated

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Ok cool. As long as we’re both aware of what the deal is. Dame re-upped multiple times in Portland because they could pay him more than anyone else, not out of loyalty. Nobody is saying he should/or shouldn’t do shyt. Just stop pretending him staying is anything other than financially motivated

This doesn't add up because one doesn't really have to do with the other. You are acting like because of Dame's contract they couldn't get other players and that's not the case. There are teams with 3 and 4 players on max deals. Dame is the only max player on Portland. Money isn't and never has been the issue there.

GOAT

Daps
Reppin
NULL
This doesn't add up because one doesn't really have to do with the other. You are acting like because of Dame's contract they couldn't get other players and that's not the case. There are teams with 3 and 4 players on max deals. Dame is the only max player on Portland. Money isn't and never has been the issue there.
:mjlol: I'm not acting like that at ALL. You're building a strawman. My point is, all this "Dame was so loyal to Portland" is some bullshyt. He stayed there to maximize his earnings. Period.

In The Zone '98

Superstar
Daps
This is pathetic. Harden has played with hall of famers his whole career. Durant has played with hall of famers his whole career. Kyrie has played with hall of famers his whole career. I could go on. I wouldn't even say a major piece has to be a hall of fame level player. They couldn't even bring in a top 25-30 guy? At any point? in 11 years.
he'll.

CJ played like a fringe AS.

The issue is that they've missed on all their draft picks with Dame.