Dame Lillard Finally Requests Trade

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
They didn’t tell him to stay home to protect his trade value and not be a distraction. They told him to rest his injury so they could tank.

Not all owners have the same cash flow available. That’s the reason for the cba adjustment. It creates some semblance of fairness for the have-nots.

Players with leverage will always use it to their advantage
So they wanted him home to tank and due to injury... But you think now they he wants out, they are going to risk injury to play him... And win more games, so when he leaves, it's harder to tank?

Watch this

iamduval

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So they wanted him home to tank and due to injury... But you think now they he wants out, they are going to risk injury to play him... And win more games, so when he leaves, it's harder to tank?

Watch this

Watch this? I’d say there’s a less than 1% chance this turns into a Ben Simmons situation. He’s not getting paid to stay home.

Left.A1

Superstar
Daps
Bro they told him to stay home just last year so they could tank... He got injured, wanted to come back and they was like naaaaaaaaaah

This isn't a few years ago.. These owners are PISSED that players are doing this shyt and have shytted on them in the new CBA, basically made it impossible to carry 3 max contracts and are no longer sending players to where they want to go for pennies..

That time is over now
What a fukking idiot :mjlol:

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Those guys sacrificed money for winning. Dame priortized money knowing damn well not a single human being on Earth is willingly going to Portland, let alone an NBA star.
Y'all are just making my argument for me and don't even know it :russ: This is too easy lol. It's the job of ownership and the GM to either

1. acquire free agents

2. Draft well

3. Acquire talent through trades.

Portland has failed time and time again at all 3 :dead:

GOAT

The bubble was fraudulent
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Y'all are just making my argument for me and don't even know it :russ: This is too easy lol. It's the job of ownership and the GM to either

1. acquire free agents

2. Draft well

3. Acquire talent through trades.

Portland has failed time and time again at all 3 :dead:
Your argument is that Dame re-upped in Portland multiple times because he could get the most money there (not because of "the grind lmao)", and he along with everyone else was aware they would not be able to build a championship team there? Then cool I guess :yeshrug:

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Your argument is that Dame re-upped in Portland multiple times because he could get the most money there (not because of "the grind lmao)", and he along with everyone else was aware they would not be able to build a championship team there? Then cool I guess :yeshrug:

What's this "he was aware" bullshyt? Small market teams have it harder in the NBA but it's not impossible to build a title team. They couldn't get him 1 all-star the entire time :dead:

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Pelicans with AD - 7 seasons (2 playoff appearances, made the second round once, played with two all-stars in Jrue Holiday and DeMarcus Cousins)

Blazers with Dame - 11 seasons (8 playoff appearances, made the second round 3 times, 1 Western Conference Finals)
You’re conveniently leaving out that Jrue made that one All Star team during his time in Philly and never made it again until this past season. Not to mention they only had Cousins for a season and a half and that’s not even accounting for his ACL injury.

GOAT

The bubble was fraudulent
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What's this "he was aware" bullshyt? Small market teams have it harder in the NBA but it's not impossible to build a title team. They couldn't get him 1 all-star the entire time :dead:
To Portland? Hell fukking no :heh:

How long have you been following the NBA? When has a star player EVER expressed interest in going there? Dame knew exactly what the deal was

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
You’re conveniently leaving out that Jrue made that one All Star team during his time in Philly and never made it again until this past season. Not to mention they only had Cousins for a season and a half and that’s not even accounting for his ACL injury.

That doesn't help the argument. Holiday made the all-star team. He's always been an all-star level player. Cousins was as well and he made the all-star team while him and AD were playing together.

2 playoffs in 7 seasons

8 playoffs in 11 seasons for Dame.

:manny:

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
To Portland? Hell fukking no :heh:

How long have you been following the NBA? When has a star player EVER expressed interest in going there? Dame knew exactly what the deal was

how many free agents do any of these small market teams get? :mjlol:

If you can't get free agents then you need to draft well and/or you need to acquire players to the team.

Portland didn't do either.

:laugh:

But you knew that......