Dame Lillard Finally Requests Trade

iamduval

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The Pelicans and AD after he asked for a trade and they would have sat him out sooner had he asked earlier than he did.

I highly doubt those Portland fans will care if the Blazers sat Dame out if it means getting the best deal possible in return.

AD in New Orleans does not equate to Dame in Portland.

Not to mention, dame has 4 years left on his deal and AD was opting out and leaving regardless

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
AD in New Orleans does not equate to Dame in Portland.

Not to mention, dame has 4 years left on his deal and AD was opting out and leaving regardless
How does it not?

AD was just as much of a franchise player to the Pelicans as Dame was to Portland. Not to mention both are top 75 players of all time and AD has accomplished more than Dame has.

iamduval

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
How does it not?

AD was just as much of a franchise player to the Pelicans as Dame was to Portland. Not to mention both are top 75 players of all time and AD has accomplished more than Dame has.

You’d probably have a better argument with CP3 as far as on court/ off court impact. You’re way off

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
You’re missing the point. The owner would never tell a franchise player in the vein of Dwade, Kobe, or Dame Lillard to “stay home”. That would be conceding a loss in public relations.

Dame is selling tickets in that arena whether or not y’all choose to acknowledge it. The ownership would love to keep him and I’m sure dame wouldn’t mind playing if there were no other option.

Blazers have 2 options. Trade him to Miami or keep him.
Bro they told him to stay home just last year so they could tank... He got injured, wanted to come back and they was like naaaaaaaaaah

This isn't a few years ago.. These owners are PISSED that players are doing this shyt and have shytted on them in the new CBA, basically made it impossible to carry 3 max contracts and are no longer sending players to where they want to go for pennies..

That time is over now

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
You’d probably have a better argument with CP3 as far as on court/ off court impact. You’re way off
So now AD didn’t have an on the court impact and wasn’t their franchise player at one point and time :mjlol:

The funniest part about you moving the goalpost to use CP3 as your argument is that AD stayed in NO longer than CP3 did :mjlol:

iamduval

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Bro they told him to stay home just last year so they could tank... He got injured, wanted to come back and they was like naaaaaaaaaah

This isn't a few years ago.. These owners are PISSED that players are doing this shyt and have shytted on them in the new CBA, basically made it impossible to carry 3 max contracts and are no longer sending players to where they want to go for pennies..

That time is over now

They didn’t tell him to stay home to protect his trade value and not be a distraction. They told him to rest his injury so they could tank.

Not all owners have the same cash flow available. That’s the reason for the cba adjustment. It creates some semblance of fairness for the have-nots.

Players with leverage will always use it to their advantage

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
they need to trade dame and simons. the knicks package i saw where it was barret quickley fournier and picks makes the most sense. barret with scoot & sharpe a solid young core to build around
Barrett is trash. :mjlol:

Herro is a better piece.

iamduval

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So now AD didn’t have an on the court impact and wasn’t their franchise player at one point and time :mjlol:

The funniest part about you moving the goalpost to use CP3 as your argument is that AD stayed in NO longer than CP3 did :mjlol:

Breh I just put Dame in the same breath as Kobe and Dwade as far as their individual impact on their respective franchises.

You combat that with fukkin AD on the Pelicans. I honestly don’t know what to tell you.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Breh I just put Dame in the same breath as Kobe and Dwade as far as their individual impact on their respective franchises.

You combat that with fukkin AD on the Pelicans. I honestly don’t know what to tell you.
Your biggest mistake is putting Dame in the same breath as those guys in the first place as he shouldn’t be lumped in with them.

His longevity with the franchise doesn’t change that considering he should have dipped out years ago yet stated out of a false sense of loyalty.

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
not trying to say the trade request in itself was a surprise to them, but to openly demand for specific team publicly like that, baiscally telling the rest of the league to not even try for him, is just being stubbornly petty and making it harder for you to get to where you want to go with the contract he has

it's a poorly timed fukk you, I've made that mistake in the workplace before.

he doesn't have any control over where they send him ultimately, they could do him dirty easily. This is how it looks when two passive aggressive entities are at odds and its' why i dislike both him and the organization :manny: I saw so much of it in the city when i visited (1.5 years) i already know they were avoiding being direct about this with each other for ages, before the initial timetable. it's just inherent in that city full of cacs, you can't be diplomatic for years and then try to draw your boundaries with them it's already too late at this point

sidenote: i haven't even heard ANY flack about him requesting to be on a team that just made the finals :mjpls: let that had been KD/Bron or any of these other top names he compares himself to,
Who cares it’s not like Miami actually won the championship.

At this point we are desensitized to this shyt anyway. Dame would be a great addition to Miami for a final push for a title and obviously it’s a very enticing city to live and play in. I don’t see why people are mad at Dame who gives a fukk. :mjlol:

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
It's portland they've never signed a big time free agent, dame played his quality players like mccollum, aldridge, played on multiple 50 win teams, reached conference semis and even the conference finals.

:mjlol: That is a horrible list of talent. Aldridge was gone before Dame even reached his prime years. CJ is not a great player. He's never made an all-star team.

That's a shytty list... and only someone who has an ax to grind would try to play it off like he had talent there.

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
no he's not the blazer do not even want hik
in return which is why he's going to a third team in the trade. he's not a better fit for sharpe and scoot like rj would be.
I’m not talking about fit.

I’m talking about who’s better at basketball. Herro is better than Barrett.

We have no interest in Dame we have Jalen Brunson.

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Here's the reason why Dame was on 50-win teams. Dame Lillard was there. The end. @MikelArteta

Let me remind you that this is nothing. An agent is trying to get Dame to a good location. He's playing hardball. That's what an agent is supposed to do.

Harden quit on multiple teams. KD has quit on multiples teams and has asked to be traded several times. Kyrie has quit on multiple teams. AD quit on the Pelicans. The list goes on and on. Dame gave them a decade to get somebody in there and they squandered it.

Now it's time. :pachaha: