Dame Lillard Finally Requests Trade

steph_harden

Superstar
Daps
I shyt on Dame alot on here but Chris Haynes on his podcast with Marc Stein said some shyt that resonated with me.

He said after they lost in the bubble he wanted out but he didn’t want to shyt on Chauncey Billups. The Blazers just hired him and he wanted to give him a chance as a black coach

He didn’t want to do the sucker shyt like that slouch ass nikka James Harden did when the Rockets hired Stephen Silas :scust:

That slouch ass piece a shyt started wylin and forced his way out of Houston.

Dame is a stand up dude with character

He just needs to stop with all that Instagram bliminals quoting Xscape lyrics and shyt :hhh:

Bron was getting ready to send a haul for him in 2021. He shoulda made the move then.

LA > Miami

Bron and AD > Jimmy and Bam

Still can’t believe he got cold feet on that. After Bron prepped him on that master plan

Him at 30 with 1 year on his deal >>>>> him at 32 with 4 years left on his deal

He would have had a 100 times more leverage.

He really boxed himself in. Damn shame dude is one of the best pgs to ever do it

drifter

Superstar
Daps
If u not a blazer fan why the fukk do u care he want to leave ?

It's funny seeing all these people worried wanting Portland "to get the best deal they can" right :skip:

Dame wouldn't be the first to sign and want out after but I don't remember people up in arms like here. Fans of teams typically don't want the star to go where he wants. These people don't give a damn about no Blazers and won't think about blazers that don't button up for the next 6 years but wanna help a GM they didn't know the name of 2 months ago do his job. It's hilarious :heh:

Last edited:

intruder

SOHH Class of 2003 and CASUAL sports fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
As a Heat fan i think I'm almost at a point where i dont want this deal anymore.

If the reports are true that the Blazers want 4 1st rounders and players for him... i think i'll pass :picard:
Even tho all 4 first rounders wouldnt come from Miami, it's still a lot to give up. The Atlanta Hawks fukked up the trade market last year when they gave up 3 1st rounders for D-Murray and now every GM wants a similar or better package

Joe Sixpack

Build and Destroy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rotten Apple
Dame signed a contract last off-season for the super max. He has 4 years left on his contract and now he trying to force his way to one specific team.

I have no sympathy for someone who claims to be a basketball traditionalist, not doing the right thing for the team that made him, not doing the right thing for the fans, and players in the locker room, and the organization who helped make him what he is today. Dame made a very, very selfish decision. Dame is gonna have to live with that for the rest of his life. Dame screwed Dame. I have no sympathy for Dame.
:laff:

I see what you did here

Flex Luger

Job Is Finished
Daps
Damian Lillard's camp is doing everything in its power to get the seven-time All-Star to the Miami Heat.

Per Mark Medina of Sportsnaut.com, one person familiar with Lillard's thought process as he awaits a trade from the Portland Trail Blazers said he "just wouldn't report" to a team that isn't the Heat.

Medina did note the person stressed Lillard is "not a disruptor" and would honor his contract, but the superstar point guard "hoped for the Blazers to accommodate his trade request out of respect for both his resume and for his contributions to the Blazers' franchise."

It's been almost one week since Blazers general manager Joe Cronin confirmed Lillard requested a trade.

Per Shams Charania of The Athletic and Stadium, the Heat are Lillard's preferred destination, with the Brooklyn Nets considered "among the leading suitors" for the 32-year-old.

While it's unclear exactly what Miami's offers have been up to this point, ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowskinoted Portland is seeking a "package of desirable draft picks and high-level young players" in exchange for arguably the best player in franchise history.

Per Aaron Fentress of The Oregonian, the Heat's best offer thus far hasn't even reached the levels of what San Antonio received last year for guard Dejounte Murray,"

The Atlanta Hawks sent three first-round draft picks and a pick swap, along with Danilo Gallinari, to the Spurs for Murray and Jock Landale in July 2022.

There are some key differences between the situations with Murray and Lillard. While few people would attempt to argue Murray is a better player, he had two years and $34.3 million left on his previous contract at the time of the deal.

(B/R's Chris Haynes reported Thursday that Murray was finalizing a four-year, $120 million extension with the Hawks.)

Murray was also 25 years old at the time of the trade. Lillard will turn 33 on July 15 and is owed $152.97 million over the next three years with a $63.2 million player option in 2026-27.

Neither the Blazers nor Lillard seems to have a lot of leverage in this situation.

The Blazers are trying to trade an undersized guard who, while still wildly talented, is going to be making maximum salaries into his mid-30s at a time when teams seem likely to be more conscious of the salary cap and luxury tax than ever with the apron rules in the new collective bargaining agreement.

Lillard's decision to extend his deal an additional two years last offseason took away a lot of his power because he would've been able to put more pressure on the Blazers if he had maintained the ability to opt out after the 2023-24 season.

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
In typical Portlander fashion, Dame was super passive aggressive and vague for years, then all of a sudden hits you with a :skip: level ultimatum and acts like you ain't doing right by him if you don't fold to him

Him and that city/franchise deserve each other, don't ruin anyone else's time tryna bring that bullshyt logic elsewhere :camby: Portland's the only city where that behavior is the norm from top to bottom