Dame Lillard Finally Requests Trade

MarcP

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
"Keep switching teams...running from the grind. You boys is chumps"

:skip:
Dame got that small market team with a mediocre front office reality check. They can hit it big on a draft or 2 but they're not good at building the rest of the roster so you end up like Paul George, Bradley Beal, and etc being an elite scorer stuck on a first round exit team.

GOAT

The bubble was fraudulent
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Dame got that small market team with a mediocre front office reality check. They can hit it big on a draft or 2 but they're not good at building the rest of the roster so you end up like Paul George, Bradley Beal, and etc being an elite scorer stuck on a first round exit team.
So maybe don't talk shyt about players who decided to move on to greener pastures. :yeshrug:

ALonelyDad

Veteran
Daps
I think this Miami thing is all Dame's agent doing. Not sure why but it doesnt seem like Dame's character to say I only want to go here
Dame is a grown man, cmon man. It's not surprising Dame wants to go to Miami, they are a good team that also needs his skillset, perfect fit for him where he can realistically contend for a ring.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Y'all just say anything. Miami is a preferred destination and the agent is doing what he can to see if they can make it work. Nowhere in there does it say that Dame wouldn't play for another team and who believes Dame would sit out for 4 years?

Portland can't actually be forced to trade him to Miami. If they take a garbage deal of Herro/Robinson and some picks that is THEIR fault.

Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
Lillard being successful is gonna be a bad look for Silver and the league....Also this is much worse than Bron/KD combined in terms of non compete.

NBA credibility is down the toilet if hes able to get to Miami while his agent is allowed to sabotage Blazers leverage.

Ya'll say this every type a star forces a trade :laugh:

The Lakers were opening trying to get AD to LA and ain't shyt happened but a trade

MarcP

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So maybe don't talk shyt about players who decided to move on to greener pastures. :yeshrug:
Sometimes you don't think it can happen to you until it does. I'm sure he wishes he could take that one back now. Dame probably really thought he would always be a Blazer because the front office would continue to retool the roster around him to chase a championship. If he had the foresight to know the new GM was going to draft his replacement just 3 years after saying that shyt, he definitely wouldn't have.

Miggs

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.O.

The Lakers were opening trying to get AD to LA and ain't shyt happened but a trade
AD had 1 year left before FA it's not remotely close to the same thing....

Miggs

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.O.

AD had 1 year left before FA it's not remotely close to the same thing
Y'all just say anything. Miami is a preferred destination and the agent is doing what he can to see if they can make it work. Nowhere in there does it say that Dame wouldn't play for another team and who believes Dame would sit out for 4 years?

Portland can't actually be forced to trade him to Miami. If they take a garbage deal of Herro/Robinson and some picks that is THEIR fault.

His agent is flat out telling other teams he won't play and he's doing this while under contract to the blazers lol.....Best believe this will be in the new CBA...

Don Homer

Molto Bene
Supporter
Daps
AD had 1 year left before FA it's not remotely close to the same thing

His agent is flat out telling other teams he won't play and he's doing this while under contract to the blazers lol.....Best believe this will be in the new CBA...
or maybe it wont. We thought the CBA would address people holding out and demanding trades. We thought a lockout was coming. Nothing was done about it

DoubleJ13

Smooth sailing from here on out...
Daps
Reppin
Thunder/TSC
Dame signed a contract last off-season for the super max. He has 4 years left on his contract and now he trying to force his way to one specific team.

I have no sympathy for someone who claims to be a basketball traditionalist, not doing the right thing for the team that made him, not doing the right thing for the fans, and players in the locker room, and the organization who helped make him what he is today. Dame made a very, very selfish decision. Dame is gonna have to live with that for the rest of his life. Dame screwed Dame. I have no sympathy for Dame.

Tremendous reference

THE 101

House Painter
Daps
Dame signed a contract last off-season for the super max. He has 4 years left on his contract and now he trying to force his way to one specific team.

I have no sympathy for someone who claims to be a basketball traditionalist, not doing the right thing for the team that made him, not doing the right thing for the fans, and players in the locker room, and the organization who helped make him what he is today. Dame made a very, very selfish decision. Dame is gonna have to live with that for the rest of his life. Dame screwed Dame. I have no sympathy for Dame.

vince-mcmahon-laughing-hysterically.gif

KingsnBucs1987

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Indianapolis
Why not just tell Dame, either find a 3rd or 4th team to help with the trade or be prepared to stay, so if his agent is putting in all this leg work to say Dame will be unhappy, now have him try to help make a trade both sides would want.