Dak is out, but we in the Fields of play- Dallas Cowboys 2020 season thread

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
I know some of those picks were horrible decisions Jameis made. But my point is that Dak needs to realize how good of a situation he has in Dallas and that he should accept a reasonable contract amount for his talent level and not get crazy asking for the money Mahomes deserve. Jameis probably would've preformed better if he had the situation Dak had.

How good is Dak situation really?

Doesn't his number 1 receiver basically only show up for home games and against the eagles ?

Didn't his starting center have a disease that could have ended his football career so he had to play an entire season with a backup center ?

Isn't his starting tight end an old washed up pos who hasn't broken a tackle in years and is always good for a holding call at critical times in the game ?

Didn't his starting running back get paid and then have the worst season of his career ?

Wasn't his head coach fukking awful ?

His original OC got fired and he hasn't even gotten a sniff of the league since dallas let him go ?

BigE214

Future GOAT
Daps
Reppin
Groveside, TX
How good is Dak situation really?

Doesn't his number 1 receiver basically only show up for home games and against the eagles ?

Didn't his starting center have a disease that could have ended his football career so he had to play an entire season with a backup center ?

Isn't his starting tight end an old washed up pos who hasn't broken a tackle in years and is always good for a holding call at critical times in the game ?

Didn't his starting running back get paid and then have the worst season of his career ?

His original OC got fired and he hasn't even gotten a sniff of the league since dallas let him go ?
Am I trippin or did we never have excuses for Romo? Serious question :hmm:

Like despite the different OC's in consecutive seasons he went through at one point, creating WRs - the narrative was Romo wasn't good enough.

Here we are now saying Dak is good enough but the people around him isn't? LOL

Dwight Howard

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Giving him 35-40M a year will definitely hinder the team.
you'd have a point if our team actually spent money like that but we dont. we've gone cheap on the DL and secondary, and attempted to do the same with WR. and it wasnt due to a lack of funds, that just seems to be the philosophy. we have an estimate of 88 million in cap space this offseason. We could theoretically pay Dak, Coop, and byron while filling the remaining holes through the draft and cheap signings. but we'll probably let byron walk, draft a replacement and use the remaining cap on the DL. maybe they bring quinn back. idk, but the money concerns are overblown. I dont see that contract as a hindrance. There are too many ways to manipulate the cap.

Dwight Howard

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
We literally are about to let our best secondary player walk because of Dak’s looming contract extension :what:

Also, the DL is in need of:

2-3 DTs
RDE

Guys like Clowney and Chris Jones (2 UFAs) would fit perfectly on this DL but we cant afford either bc of Dak’s contract...
not true. it seems were gonna let byron go regardless. but again, we have close to 90m in cap space, dak's contract isnt preventing the team from signing byron if they really wanted to. we could easily afford Chris Jones or Clowney, not sure where you are getting your numbers from. The reality is, every position isnt gonna be elite. You gotta go cheap somewhere.

BlueHeffner

Veteran
Daps

You mean his 1200 yard number 1 receiver? The one that had more yards and TDs than Deandre Hopkins?
Aww poor Dak. He had to go from an all pro Center to an average one for one season.
Dak has 3 above average receiving options in the passing game. 2 1k yard receivers and an 800 yard slot guy. How many more weapons does he need :russ:
That was not Zeke's worst season. 2017 was substantially worse for him. Top 5 in rushing and top 5 in rushing TDs isn't good enough now? :picard:
Garrett had no input over the offense. And weren't you in here praising Moore all season and didn't want him to go? :jbhmm:
Dak the coach killer. This fan base loved Linehan when Romo was here :jbhmm:

BlueHeffner

Veteran
Daps
not true. it seems were gonna let byron go regardless. but again, we have close to 90m in cap space, dak's contract isnt preventing the team from signing byron if they really wanted to. we could easily afford Chris Jones or Clowney, not sure where you are getting your numbers from. The reality is, every position isnt gonna be elite. You gotta go cheap somewhere.
You obviously haven't been paying attention.

”It’s going to be a tough deal,” said vice president of personnel Will McClay on Wednesday. “It’s the NFL. You have your quarterback you have to pay, you have a receiver, you have good players. And when you have good players, you have to figure out how to pay them or how to survive.”

Dallas has so much cap space BECAUSE we don't have many guys under contract ATM. Look at our current roster:

DeMarcus Lawrence
Zack Martin
Tyron Smith
Travis Frederick
Ezekiel Elliott
Tyrone Crawford
La'el Collins
Jaylon Smith
Cameron Fleming
Leighton Vander Esch
Chris Jones
Jourdan Lewis
Xavier Woods
Jamize Olawale
Connor Williams
Chidobe Awuzie
Trysten Hill
Michael Gallup
Randy Gregory
Connor McGovern
Dorance Armstrong
Dalton Schultz
Noah Brown
Tony Pollard
Devin Smith
D.J. White
Deante Burton
Chris Covington
Justin Hamilton
Cody Wichmann
Joe Jackson
Donovan Wilson
Tevin Jones
Luke Gifford
Brandon Knight
Ventell Bryant
Cole Hikutini
Mitch Hyatt
Lance Lenoir
Cedrick Wilson
Clayton Thorson
Jalen Jelks
Jon’Vea Johnson
Chris Westry
Jordan Chunn
Marcus Henry
Wyatt Miller
Donovan Olumba
Tristan Vizcaino
Daniel Wise

Look at the current DL:
Tank
Crawford
Hill
Armstrong
Wise
Covington
Jackson

:scust:

Look at the secondary. We have so many spots to fill and you're wilding if you think we can afford Chris Jones or Clowney Easily.:unimpressed:

Daps
Blame these other teams for giving guys like Goff, Wentz, Cousins, Foles, and Jimmy G these monster deals because now this is the price for an "aight" QB. Mahomes is the only young QB I would call elite and his deal will make whatever Dak gets look like an SSI check.

exactly. His, say, $32m is gonna be light when Mahomes gets $40m. Not to mention most NFL money is funny money anyway

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
When Emmitt held out, other teams wanted to sign him, but were too scared of Jerry Jones.

That's the only reason why Emmitt came back and signed.

If Dak hits the open market I don't see a team willing to make him the highest paid QB. But if they offer a dollar more than what Dallas offered he probably leaves on principle.

Daps
When Emmitt held out, other teams wanted to sign him, but were too scared of Jerry Jones.

That's the only reason why Emmitt came back and signed.

If Dak hits the open market I don't see a team willing to make him the highest paid QB. But if they offer a dollar more than what Dallas offered he probably leaves on principle.

I think a team like San Diego, Carolina Tampa and maybe Miami and Denver would think about it.

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
You mean his 1200 yard number 1 receiver? The one that had more yards and TDs than Deandre Hopkins?

Aww poor Dak. He had to go from an all pro Center to an average one for one season.

Dak has 3 above average receiving options in the passing game. 2 1k yard receivers and an 800 yard slot guy. How many more weapons does he need :russ:

That was not Zeke's worst season. 2017 was substantially worse for him. Top 5 in rushing and top 5 in rushing TDs isn't good enough now? :picard:

Garrett had no input over the offense. And weren't you in here praising Moore all season and didn't want him to go? :jbhmm:

Dak the coach killer. This fan base loved Linehan when Romo was here :jbhmm:

Garrett wanted to call his own plays but had no input over the offense :mjlol:. You telling me that at no point in time this season do you believe that Garrett wasn't fukking with Moore when it came to play calling?

2017 was the year he played in 10 games...but if you average out what he would have done if he played in all 16, that year would have been better than this year...Thats some Donald Trump level shyt brining up 2017 as being worse when that is when he played the fewest games of his career :mjlol:

Google all of Zeke 20 yard runs this year ? How many you find?

Google all of Zeke 20 yard catches this year? How many you find?

Post his yards after contact this year vs his yards after contact the other years in his career?

When did the fanbase "love linehan"...I'm going to need receipts...cause the way I remember it is the fanbase not liking him or rod since they came from that 0 - 16 lions staff...

What do you mean by "above average receiving"? Cause out of all our receivers only coop is in top 25 for catches, which is pretty :patrice: cause Dak was number 6 in attempts this year...I wonder if all those 3 yard passes to Witten has
something to do with it?

Witten and Zeke the only players on this team with a catch % higher than 70...and they don't catch anything but checkdown stuff :patrice:

All this talk about how good Gallup is or could be and is catch rate is 58%:patrice:

Maybe it's not Dak who is holding the team back... maybe if his running back had even one 35 yard carry this year it would have gone different...maybe if his number 2 receiver was better at actually catching a football it would have gone different...

You posting Amari has better number than Hopkins :hula: you posting how he don't show up in the road or when it matters ...

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
Am I trippin or did we never have excuses for Romo? Serious question :hmm:

Like despite the different OC's in consecutive seasons he went through at one point, creating WRs - the narrative was Romo wasn't good enough.

Here we are now saying Dak is good enough but the people around him isn't? LOL

Because some of us actually watch the games and watch other quarterbacks and can actually tell how good Dak is compared to those other quarterbacks...

Instead of doing dumb shyt like saying a guy who can't even consistently complete 17 passes per game he plays is "better than Dak Prescott"....

You really start looking at some of these numbers and the people around him aren't doing as much as the media and some of you in this thread make it out to be...

All this talk about paying Dak but in the real world Zeke got his contract and then he broke the fewest tackles of his career, getting the fewest yards after contact of his career, while also having the fewest runs of 20 more yards of his career...

But yeah, the conversation should be about how do we NOT overpay for a guy who threw the most completions of his career, for the most yards of his career, for the most touchdowns of his career...

Like I said, I want the "don't pay Dak" crew to keep the same energy when Ryan Tannehill is our qb on that 2 year deal and he look more like he did for the Dolphins than he looked like when he was just handing the ball of to Henry in Tennessee