Dak is out, but we in the Fields of play- Dallas Cowboys 2020 season thread

DaPresident

Miami Hurricanes football fan...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Miami Hurricanes,Dallas Cowboys, St. John's, DMV
I think that's the hold up on Dak's contract (at least I hope)

I hope they are arguing whether or not to make him "highest (or one of) paid QBs" because while his stats are good,
if you really look into them, you'll see they lie a bit...they don't tell the whole story.

He's been steady, but couldn't/can't raise the team above a certain level. I'll ALWAYS remember that 3 game stretch without Zeke where we lost some UGLY games (yeah I know Zeke was out 6 but them first 3 games were TOUGH)
that Atlanta game had me like :dwillhuh: I knew then it wasn't about Dak. I have no problem with the guy, but I feel like he is what he is...a fourth round pick that capitalized on an opportunity, but was a 4th rounder FOR A REASON...

He says the right things and has a good image, but that isn't worth hurting the talent we have or can acquire because he's taking up 1/5 or a 1/4 of the salary...I just feel like some of these QBs get it, maybe I'm wrong. But he probably got that 4th round mentality that "I gotta get it b/c I never had a chance to or maybe never will again" plus all these folk in his ear. Hell, I understand...but taking that much and not being able to sign REAL playmakers or elite defenders will only cripple the team while his wallet stays fat. Guess it just comes down to what's important.

You can take less (not insultingly less, but relatively less) and keep talent around you....or take the bag and have talent shuffling in and out and keeping your legacy what it is...winners will ALWAYS get paid, that I do know...

Weaver31

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Va
Same people in here saying Dak is trash and the cowboys shouldn't pay him...

Better be heavy in every game thread when Case Keenum is our quarterback...
Its not that he's trash....he just mediocre and his preformance is reflective on the talent around him. He doesn't elevate those around them and make them better and everything has to be great to perfect around him to be successful. Look at how he preformed before Cooper came. We can just forsee how average to below average the team gonna be when he gets that huge contract and Cowboys can't afford top tier talent around him. He's been blessed to have a good to great o-line most of his career along with a running game and had a good enough defense last year. Some QBs like Jameis Winston have way more load to carry. Yes Jameis has his multiple pick games but he didn't have a good running game nor defense during his time with Bucs....nor a good kicking game.

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
Its not that he's trash....he just mediocre and his preformance is reflective on the talent around him. He doesn't elevate those around them and make them better and everything has to be great to perfect around him to be successful. Look at how he preformed before Cooper came. We can just forsee how average to below average the team gonna be when he gets that huge contract and Cowboys can't afford top tier talent around him. He's been blessed to have a good to great o-line most of his career along with a running game and had a good enough defense last year. Some QBs like Jameis Winston have way more load to carry. Yes Jameis has his multiple pick games but he didn't have a good running game nor defense during his time with Bucs....nor a good kicking game.

You talking about record setting interception thrower who once lost his starting job to ryan ftizpatrick Jameis Winston?

30 picks isn't a to much on my plate problem...30 picks is a i can't read a defense problem...

Daps
The last two pages got calls for Mariota (Stinks, team clearly better w/o him), Stafford ( damn near died at the end of last season, monster cap hold and hasn't really won anything), and drafting someone in round 2-3 (picks the Cowboys should use to fix the defense) to compete with Dak over just paying Dak.

Curious how many QBs you guys think are better than Dak, tbh.

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
Y'all say Dak's numbers are padded but want to trade him for Stat Padford :mjlol:

Breh it's obvious that there are people in this thread who have not watched any other quarterback this year than Dak...so they don't know how trash some of these qb's they talking about are...

Matthew Stafford and Jameis Winston as references on this page :mjlol:

Record setting picks and a qb who for his career hasn't won even 20% of his games against teams with winning records:mjlol:

But these same posters will tell you Dak throws to many picks and Dak doesn't win enough against teams with winning records...

BigE214

Future GOAT
Daps
Reppin
Groveside, TX
The last two pages got calls for Mariota (Stinks, team clearly better w/o him), Stafford ( damn near died at the end of last season, monster cap hold and hasn't really won anything), and drafting someone in round 2-3 (picks the Cowboys should use to fix the defense) to compete with Dak over just paying Dak.

Curious how many QBs you guys think are better than Dak, tbh.

Dwight Howard

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
the O-line, gallup, cooper (assuming), zeke, Dlaw, Jaylon Smith, and Vander Esch are all locked up the forseeable future. We have needs at DT, CB, and S. I dont see Dak's contract hindering our ability to address those spots. Hell, we picked up a guy like Robert Quinn for cheap last season. We had the money to grab a good S, but refused to because we are cheap. We also have the tendency to restructure deals, so I dont see finances being an issue going forward. We have a great oline, an elite RB, a great WR core, a stud DE (maybe 2 if we bring quinn back), and a young, promising LB core. We should be alright, filling in the holes elsewhere, youre not gonna be elite at every position.

BlueHeffner

Veteran
Daps
the O-line, gallup, cooper (assuming), zeke, Dlaw, Jaylon Smith, and Vander Esch are all locked up the forseeable future. We have needs at DT, CB, and S. I dont see Dak's contract hindering our ability to address those spots. Hell, we picked up a guy like Robert Quinn for cheap last season. We had the money to grab a good S, but refused to because we are cheap. We also have the tendency to restructure deals, so I dont see finances being an issue going forward. We have a great oline, an elite RB, a great WR core, a stud DE (maybe 2 if we bring quinn back), and a young, promising LB core. We should be alright, filling in the holes elsewhere, youre not gonna be elite at every position.
We literally are about to let our best secondary player walk because of Dak’s looming contract extension :what:

Also, the DL is in need of:

2-3 DTs
RDE

Guys like Clowney and Chris Jones (2 UFAs) would fit perfectly on this DL but we cant afford either bc of Dak’s contract...