Dak is out, but we in the Fields of play- Dallas Cowboys 2020 season thread

Thegospel

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
We literally are about to let our best secondary player walk because of Dak’s looming contract extension :what:

Also, the DL is in need of:

2-3 DTs
RDE

Guys like Clowney and Chris Jones (2 UFAs) would fit perfectly on this DL but we cant afford either bc of Dak’s contract...
I think byron is leaving because he just isnt worth the money. I think they could pay if they wanted to.

Codeine Bryant

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW
This draft class is deep at high end QB and WR.

Looks like 3 QBs should go top 10, possibly top 5. And a lot of mocks and boards have 5-6 WRs going in the 1st.

This bodes very well for us. Hopefully a lot of these guys get taken before our pick. I think we have a very solid chance of getting an impact player on the defensive side of the ball while a lot of teams draft offense.

I’m sure the top 2 DL, OL, CB prospects will be gone by 17, but there’s still a chance a top 10 talent falls to us

Weaver31

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Va
You talking about record setting interception thrower who once lost his starting job to ryan ftizpatrick Jameis Winston?

30 picks isn't a to much on my plate problem...30 picks is a i can't read a defense problem...
I know some of those picks were horrible decisions Jameis made. But my point is that Dak needs to realize how good of a situation he has in Dallas and that he should accept a reasonable contract amount for his talent level and not get crazy asking for the money Mahomes deserve. Jameis probably would've preformed better if he had the situation Dak had.

Weaver31

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Va
the O-line, gallup, cooper (assuming), zeke, Dlaw, Jaylon Smith, and Vander Esch are all locked up the forseeable future. We have needs at DT, CB, and S. I dont see Dak's contract hindering our ability to address those spots. Hell, we picked up a guy like Robert Quinn for cheap last season. We had the money to grab a good S, but refused to because we are cheap. We also have the tendency to restructure deals, so I dont see finances being an issue going forward. We have a great oline, an elite RB, a great WR core, a stud DE (maybe 2 if we bring quinn back), and a young, promising LB core. We should be alright, filling in the holes elsewhere, youre not gonna be elite at every position.
Giving him 35-40M a year will definitely hinder the team.

Ghpstface

Kanye West fan
Daps
Reppin
Ice Cream Castle
Blame these other teams for giving guys like Goff, Wentz, Cousins, Foles, and Jimmy G these monster deals because now this is the price for an "aight" QB. Mahomes is the only young QB I would call elite and his deal will make whatever Dak gets look like an SSI check.

darealvelle

Real Talk
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Blame these other teams for giving guys like Goff, Wentz, Cousins, Foles, and Jimmy G these monster deals because now this is the price for an "aight" QB. Mahomes is the only young QB I would call elite and his deal will make whatever Dak gets look like an SSI check.

Off GP will not take less than the guys listed.