Dak is out, but we in the Fields of play- Dallas Cowboys 2020 season thread

Daps
Dak may be overplaying his hand. Id over him something fair also factoring in his endorsements that he doesnt get without being a Cowboy.

maybe, but is his profile all that worse than Kirk Cousins when he hit FA? I feel like he'd get a similar deal if he was a UFA.

darealvelle

Real Talk
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
I've figured out the madness to Jerry Jones methods and know why.

He had to be talked into ending the Romo era. He wanted to see if Dak could take the team further than Romo did which would justify the huge deal.

In 2017 he had the Zeke excuse.
In 2018, he blamed Linehan.
In 2019, Dak had everything and couldn't get it done.

Last year could have very well be Dallas best roster. Daks contract will prevent them from resigning other players like Quinn and possibly Byron Jones. They will have to replenish with younger, cheaper talent and key positions and hes asking himself can Dak make up for that.

The answer is a resounding NO.

I saw an interview the other day where Emmitt Smith said the exact thing you said. Dak should take less, but I still think we can win with him.

Spade

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DC/Texas/Chicago
I saw an interview the other day where Emmitt Smith said the exact thing you said. Dak should take less, but I still think we can win with him.
If we win with him, it’s because we had a damn good defense and a damn good run game. Can not rely on him to carry us through a season. This is what Ethnic was talking about. If you pay Dak, do you have enough for a longer contract on Quinn or Jones? Will it help the team. Somebody on Dak’s fan page aka Cowboys Zone said that since that 13-3 season, Dak is 27-21 the last three years.

Surreal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Should Dak get paid? Yes sir!!
Should it be from us? Hell no!!

Trade the young bul to the Chargers. Let McCarthy build his own team

Thegospel

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Shannon Sharpe essentially said that if the Cowboys franchise Dak, that’s just another way of saying they don’t believe in him. Many of us don’t need to be rocket scientists to come to that conclusion. We been saying that for the past year. You let your “franchise qb” go on the last year of his current contract without a deal? You don’t do that if you believe in him. You could have given him a contract after winning the division and a playoff game. But you didn’t. Why?
Shannon spit facts at skip goofy ass. Jerry and Stephen do nothing but talk talk talk but wheres the money at? Same way they said jason was a top coach. Wheres the extension at then? Those two are clowns. If we ever win a ring with then in charge it'll be a miracle

Trill McClay

*Formerly known as Deeeez Nuts
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas
I don't see any QB worth drafting this year at 17, but a 2nd or 3rd.....I might be ok with it.

Many of us aren't willing to roll with Dak as the franchise QB, myself included. But some QB competition is probably what he needs. All these mediocre seasons that he's thrown together got him feeing his self.
:scust:

I know we've got plenty of holes to fill but I'm curious to see if McCarthy's reputation for developing QBs can be seen by a much needed QB battle between a below average vet and an under the radar rookie QB.

who_better_than_me

Time to go!!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't see any QB worth drafting this year at 17, but a 2nd or 3rd.....I might be ok with it.

Many of us aren't willing to roll with Dak as the franchise QB, myself included. But some QB competition is probably what he needs. All these mediocre seasons that he's thrown together got him feeing his self.
:scust:

I know we've got plenty of holes to fill but I'm curious to see if McCarthy's reputation for developing QBs can be seen by a much needed QB battle between a below average vet and an under the radar rookie QB.
qb competition in his 5th year? If the cowboys do that they might as well just move on and tease him.

I can’t take too many more of these offseason contract disputes.

Weaver31

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Va
Id be much more on Dak side if he ran more. stupid ass nikka messin up his own bag smh
That would've helped the team if he ran more during Pats game especially since their LBs got exposed when they played Ravens and Jackson.

Trill McClay

*Formerly known as Deeeez Nuts
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas
qb competition in his 5th year? If the cowboys do that they might as well just move on and tease him.

I can’t take too many more of these offseason contract disputes.
Why not? As a mediocre QB, what incentive would I have to get better if my back ups for the last few years have been JV level quarterbacks?

The damage is done, the Cowboys knew there wasn't a line of teams waiting on the Dak Prescott sweepstakes - thats partly why they "low-balled" him in the first place.

Its gonna get ugly, might as well go all in.

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
Same people in here saying Dak is trash and the cowboys shouldn't pay him...

Better be heavy in every game thread when Case Keenum is our quarterback...

LurkMoar

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Was dreaming we would trade for stafford somehow, oh well if we tag dak that means he’s gonna be out in a couple seasons.