Dak is out, but we in the Fields of play- Dallas Cowboys 2020 season thread

darealvelle

Real Talk
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
No no and no, The Cowboys were 8-8 for a reason and coaching is only half of it. Do you not see how ridiculous that statement is? This teams talent was overrated because they were able to build their stats against shytty teams, but when it came to the good teams they couldn't do shyt on offense. The Cowboys offense might be better than the 9ers, but trying to compare their offense to the Chiefs is just asking to get clowned.:mjlol:

If coached right do you not think Dak cant get us to an NFC championship bro? Of course Mahomes is a beast.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
At the end of the day, Dak isn't a top tier QB.

He's not bad. he's good. But he's not elite. Being a Dallas Cowboy has raised his profile significantly, but it doesn't change a thing.

He's not a missing piece. He makes plays sometimes, but he's not a play maker. The offense, and roster was built for Romo, and Dak couldn't take advantage of it.

He squandered away cap space and Dallas squandered a first round pick for him.

Now he wants to be the highest paid QB? :mjpls: Nah.

Again, I would sign Mariotta and keep it moving. He thinks that just winning a division and just getting to the playoffs every other year is good enough. In 4 years he was unable to take this team further than Romo and he replaced Romo.

This team is too buddy buddy. Players, coaches and ownership.

It's been 4 years. He's not going to get significantly better.

darealvelle

Real Talk
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
At the end of the day, Dak isn't a top tier QB.

He's not bad. he's good. But he's not elite. Being a Dallas Cowboy has raised his profile significantly, but it doesn't change a thing.

He's not a missing piece. He makes plays sometimes, but he's not a play maker. The offense, and roster was built for Romo, and Dak couldn't take advantage of it.

He squandered away cap space and Dallas squandered a first round pick for him.

Now he wants to be the highest paid QB? :mjpls: Nah.

Again, I would sign Mariotta and keep it moving. He thinks that just winning a division and just getting to the playoffs every other year is good enough. In 4 years he was unable to take this team further than Romo and he replaced Romo.

This team is too buddy buddy. Players, coaches and ownership.

It's been 4 years. He's not going to get significantly better.

Would you switch Dak for Jimmy G?

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Would you switch Dak for Jimmy G?

Jimmy G was smart enough to sign a deal that was more cap friendly.

He knew the 49ers wasn't that good. He could've played out the rest of his rookie deal and tried to leverage it into a bigger deal.

The notion of being the"highest paid" is kinda lame. It's ego driven and it's mainly the agents trying to maximize their cut.

But in all honestly, talent wise it's a zero sum gain.

darealvelle

Real Talk
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta

3:45 Kobe was a Emmitt stan :ohhh:

vqjb52fexcd41.jpg

Spade

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DC/Texas/Chicago
Shannon Sharpe essentially said that if the Cowboys franchise Dak, that’s just another way of saying they don’t believe in him. Many of us don’t need to be rocket scientists to come to that conclusion. We been saying that for the past year. You let your “franchise qb” go on the last year of his current contract without a deal? You don’t do that if you believe in him. You could have given him a contract after winning the division and a playoff game. But you didn’t. Why?

Daps
I don't think Dak is an "elite" QB, but how many QBs are on that list? Think that's chasing a white whale atm. I'd personally sign Dak/Cooper and tag Jones, but I don't think the tag is the end of the world. You just can't let him hit the market.

Thegospel

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Dak may be overplaying his hand. Id over him something fair also factoring in his endorsements that he doesnt get without being a Cowboy.
I don't think Dak is an "elite" QB, but how many QBs are on that list? Think that's chasing a white whale atm. I'd personally sign Dak/Cooper and tag Jones, but I don't think the tag is the end of the world. You just can't let him hit the market.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Shannon Sharpe essentially said that if the Cowboys franchise Dak, that’s just another way of saying they don’t believe in him. Many of us don’t need to be rocket scientists to come to that conclusion. We been saying that for the past year. You let your “franchise qb” go on the last year of his current contract without a deal? You don’t do that if you believe in him. You could have given him a contract after winning the division and a playoff game. But you didn’t. Why?

I've figured out the madness to Jerry Jones methods and know why.

He had to be talked into ending the Romo era. He wanted to see if Dak could take the team further than Romo did which would justify the huge deal.

In 2017 he had the Zeke excuse.
In 2018, he blamed Linehan.
In 2019, Dak had everything and couldn't get it done.

Last year could have very well be Dallas best roster. Daks contract will prevent them from resigning other players like Quinn and possibly Byron Jones. They will have to replenish with younger, cheaper talent and key positions and hes asking himself can Dak make up for that.

The answer is a resounding NO.