Dak is out, but we in the Fields of play- Dallas Cowboys 2020 season thread

BigE214

Future GOAT
Daps
Reppin
Groveside, TX
I wonder what Romo was thinking watching the 49ers and Titans have deep playoff runs with their QBs throwing less than 10 passes. Romo was routinely losing games while throwing 300+ yds and 3+ tds. This franchise sucks.
Bruh, I'm becoming numb. We need to have a coli support group meet up at Hero's, bombshells or Knockouts or some shyt.

also willing to drive to draft picks, wild pitch or twin peaks

Surreal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I wonder what Romo was thinking watching the 49ers and Titans have deep playoff runs with their QBs throwing less than 10 passes. Romo was routinely losing games while throwing 300+ yds and 3+ tds. This franchise sucks.

Cause like Dak, he had INTs to either put us in a hole and lose us a game
Garrett honestly deserved better than an undrafted QB and a 4th rd QB.

Watch how he does with Danny Dimes :whew:

BigE214

Future GOAT
Daps
Reppin
Groveside, TX
Cause like Dak, he had INTs to either put us in a hole and lose us a game
Garrett honestly deserved better than an undrafted QB and a 4th rd QB.

Watch how he does with Danny Dimes :whew:
Much like his tenure in Dallas, those guys will be successful despite JG not because of him.

scheme > imposing your will

dtownreppin214

l'immortale
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Shags & Leathers
Bruh, I'm becoming numb. We need to have a coli support group meet up at Hero's, bombshells or Knockouts or some shyt.

also willing to drive to draft picks, wild pitch or twin peaks
I be at Knockouts on Wednesdays about once a month. Jerry needs to set us up with a table at Concrete Cowboy so we can drink our misery away.

@Surreal on God I haven't agreed with a single one of your posts from the last two months. :laugh:

But I understand you OGs got the highest standards.

BigE214

Future GOAT
Daps
Reppin
Groveside, TX
I be at Knockouts on Wednesdays about once a month. Jerry needs to set us up with a table at Concrete Cowboy so we can drink our misery away.

@Surreal on God I haven't agreed with a single one of your posts from the last two months. :laugh:

But I understand you OGs got the highest standards.
Wingsday? Let me know and I'll fukk around one time for the one time

Spade

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DC/Texas/Chicago
Which is why we need to come to the conclusion that when it comes to the draft, our philosophy on defense has been fukkin shyt. We need to accept that we have been shyt drafting players on defense for the last 7 seasons. Look at it. Our best player is Demarcus Lawrence in that time span.

We hit on a couple good depth players like Hitchens and Ryan Russell. As well as Malik Collins, Xavier Woods, and jourdan Lewis. But the majority of our defensive drafts have been terrible and the 2019 class made no impact on defense.

I don’t know how to explain this. Either we put to much emphasis on offense, our scouts aren’t that great on defense, or the coaches were bad at acquiring and developing the talent. It maybe a combination of all three. I mean how else would you excuse us drafting Trystan Hill as our top draft pick overall and he barely even fukkin played. 5 tackles all year and was inactive more than being active all season. Are you kidding me?

BlueHeffner

Veteran
Daps
Which is why we need to come to the conclusion that when it comes to the draft, our philosophy on defense has been fukkin shyt. We need to accept that we have been shyt drafting players on defense for the last 7 seasons. Look at it. Our best player is Demarcus Lawrence in that time span.

We hit on a couple good depth players like Hitchens and Ryan Russell. As well as Malik Collins, Xavier Woods, and jourdan Lewis. But the majority of our defensive drafts have been terrible and the 2019 class made no impact on defense.

I don’t know how to explain this. Either we put to much emphasis on offense, our scouts aren’t that great on defense, or the coaches were bad at acquiring and developing the talent. It maybe a combination of all three. I mean how else would you excuse us drafting Trystan Hill as our top draft pick overall and he barely even fukkin played. 5 tackles all year and was inactive more than being active all season. Are you kidding me?
Combination of all 3

They rely too heavily on coaches input as to who to draft rather than trusting the scouts. They also lack foresight.

The defense was average in Rob Ryan’s first season. Ware was an all-pro and Ratliff was a pro bowler. Sean Lee took over as a full-time starter and Hatcher and Crawford were solid. We had a decent front. Problem was Newman regressed quickly and Jenkins was hurt. So what happens that offseason?
Rob Ryan begged for corners for his scheme, not taking into account Ware was breaking down as was Spencer. Ratliff was pretty much done after that season too. We ended up giving Carr that $50m AND trading up for Claiborne. Reason I blame the scouts is because they claimed he was the most talented db they've seen since Deion :unimpressed:

Another example of lacking foresight is knowing we had Carr and Claiborne contracts expiring soon. They took Zeke instead of Ramsey. I lauded the pick at the time but imagine Ramsey and Byron as our corners with thornhill as our free :unimpressed:

I dont really have to get into Marinelli and how he affected our drafting. Even though everyone’s savior Will McClay also said they didnt think Watt could play a 4-3 end.

You add in the fact they are asking for the ok from Kris Friggin Richard if its ok to draft Hill over Thornhill, you get those trash type of picks.

Im a little bit more hopeful now because McCarthy and Nolan are preaching taking talented players and adjusting the scheme towards them than finding scheme specific players.

dtownreppin214

l'immortale
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Shags & Leathers

It starts at the top with a flashy GM who seems to only care about offense and the marketability of that side of the ball. Then you got his son who exudes privilege and is the anti-thesis of blue-collar. Then you got McClay who comes from an arena football background where they score 70 pts a game. Then you got Garrett, who comes from privilege and an offensive background. Then you got a scouting department that I believe has had only had two changes to it (at least publicly) during the Garrett era. Apparently they're sending the worst coach in the NFL, Keith O'Quinn, back there..lol. That leaves them with Marinelli. They pretty much outsourced a majority of their defensive scouting to him...a has been in his 70s. Prior to Marinelli it was the corpse of Monte Kiffin, before that the scrub Rob Ryan.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
Like it or not, Dak's market value is ~33M based on the franchise tag. I'm not buying the Ryan Tannehill hype, but even his market value is ~27M based on the franchise tag. Do I agree with it? No. Do I think a 1BR apartment in NYC should be $4000/mo? No. But that's the market.

Man fukk the market. Most QB's at the top in salary are more accomplished, have different skill sets and were drafted or signed to be the center piece of the offense. At this point, Dak isn't the center piece.

He had all season to prove his worth and couldn't get the job done.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:

He was supposed to be a Cowboy for life :snoop:

Jason Garrett, Scott Linehan, Jason Witten, Dak Presrcott and a few other ass kissers ran him off.

Cole Beasley was supposed to be a Cowboy for life as well.

If Romo didnt get hurt in 2016, Dallas goes to the super bowl :martin:

Spade

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DC/Texas/Chicago
Combination of all 3

They rely too heavily on coaches input as to who to draft rather than trusting the scouts. They also lack foresight.

The defense was average in Rob Ryan’s first season. Ware was an all-pro and Ratliff was a pro bowler. Sean Lee took over as a full-time starter and Hatcher and Crawford were solid. We had a decent front. Problem was Newman regressed quickly and Jenkins was hurt. So what happens that offseason?
Rob Ryan begged for corners for his scheme, not taking into account Ware was breaking down as was Spencer. Ratliff was pretty much done after that season too. We ended up giving Carr that $50m AND trading up for Claiborne. Reason I blame the scouts is because they claimed he was the most talented db they've seen since Deion :unimpressed:

Another example of lacking foresight is knowing we had Carr and Claiborne contracts expiring soon. They took Zeke instead of Ramsey. I lauded the pick at the time but imagine Ramsey and Byron as our corners with thornhill as our free :unimpressed:

I dont really have to get into Marinelli and how he affected our drafting. Even though everyone’s savior Will McClay also said they didnt think Watt could play a 4-3 end.

You add in the fact they are asking for the ok from Kris Friggin Richard if its ok to draft Hill over Thornhill, you get those trash type of picks.

Im a little bit more hopeful now because McCarthy and Nolan are preaching taking talented players and adjusting the scheme towards them than finding scheme specific players.
Can’t believe I’m about to admit this. I love Zeke as a player. I still liked the pick and I understand them picking him because they were wanting to win with Romo. He was by far the best back in that draft of 2016. However, it was a short term pick. The problem with that is they didn’t prepare for long term which was inexcusable. A poster on CZ told me 4 years ago that it wasn’t the right pick and I fought with him on that. After it is all said and done, he was right, and drafting a back that high was not a good idea. We should have taken Ramsey at 4 and drafted Henry in the second (or at the least, should have drafted a back in the 2015 draft which was rich with running backs behind that monstrous offensive line in their fukkin prime). It would been smarter and set you up better long term.

i also remember 2012. Folks that know me in real life know I hated the Morris Claiborne pick. After giving Carr 50 million, I wanted defensive lineman. This was all Jerry because he is so reactionary. He missed out on getting Patrick Peterson the year prior and he’ll be damned if he was going to miss out on Claiborne. So we got two physical man corners. What do we do in 2013? We change defenses which further helped the decline of Carr and Claiborne career in Dallas. That was the year Calvin caught the ball for over 300 yards on the secondary and it was the worst defense in franchise history.