Dak is out, but we in the Fields of play- Dallas Cowboys 2020 season thread

Spade

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DC/Texas/Chicago
BTW, I was just going over some of Dak’s performances this morning :francis:

Dak has only beat 2 teams in the last 50 games that had a top 10 scoring defense. 2!

One of them was the Week 17 win in 17 against Philly’s 3rd string :picard:

there are similar stats about Dak out there. Bottom line? There isn’t a team out there that will want to pay Dak 35 million let alone 40. But we do have Jerry and all.

Last edited:

dtownreppin214

l'immortale
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Shags & Leathers
@BlueHeffner after this weekend I've moved closer to your stance on Dak.

I'm not ready to just let him go but I'd play hardball with him. 27M or franchise tag.

You either have to have an elite D or elite QB to win in this league. This so-so shyt from the QB and defense is not going to get us anywhere. We go down 10 pts at home he's not bringing us back like Mahomes. It doesn't mean you can't win with Dak, it just means you have to pair him with an elite run game and D to win. The problem is this culture in Dallas always expects the QB to be the savior. You hear it in the comments from the fans and even the ownership ("Romo was a miracle"). Defense always takes a backseat.

BlueHeffner

Veteran
Daps
@BlueHeffner after this weekend I've moved closer to your stance on Dak.

I'm not ready to just let him go but I'd play hardball with him. 27M or franchise tag.

You either have to have an elite D or elite QB to win in this league. This so-so shyt from the QB and defense is not going to get us anywhere. We go down 10 pts at home he's not bringing us back like Mahomes. It doesn't mean you can't win with Dak, it just means you have to pair him with an elite run game and D to win. The problem is this culture in Dallas always expects the QB to be the savior. You hear it in the comments from the fans and even the ownership ("Romo was a miracle"). Defense always takes a backseat.
I agree with this

The formula to win with Dak is how Tennessee beat the Pats and Ravens. Great Defensive and running performance and ask the QB to make timely throws. But even then, I still couldnt envision Dak being able to outduel Mahomes. Teams will force Dak to beat them and he just cant.

Dak at his rookie salary wouldnt be bad if the front office knew how to build a defense.

The problem is both of those arent going to be the case going forward. Dak is either getting an extension or the tag. And the front office still doesnt know how to build a defense. Thats why your idea of Riley + Zimmer or Wade may have been a better hire than McCarthy.

Dwight Howard

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So you want Joe Flacco to be our QB cause he was more accurate than Dak this year?

So you want Matt Ryan to be our QB cause he was more accurate this year?

So you want Ryan Tannehill to be our QB cause he was more accurate this yaer ?
These nuggas retarded

Dwight Howard

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Dak isn't that good though. To win a SB we have to play better teams. And when we play these better teams what stats did Dak have this year? Not only the stats because I don't lie, to just use them but did his actual on field play against better teams look that good outside the Vikings game and first Eagles game?
He beat the Seahawks in the playoffs your argument is shyt

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
He beat the Seahawks in the playoffs your argument is shyt
You being a grown dikkeater is shyt. If he beat the Seahwaks this fukking plug was 8-8 this year so whats your argument for this nikka stinking it the fukk up record wise this year? Don't mention Garrett either since its all Dak

Dwight Howard

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You being a grown dikkeater is shyt. If he beat the Seahwaks this fukking plug was 8-8 this year so whats your argument for this nikka stinking it the fukk up record wise this year? Don't mention Garrett either since its all Dak
Stop moving the goal post. Your argument was that dak couldnt beat good teams and he beat a good team with an elite record in the playoffs. Get the fukk outta here. Anybody that watched this season knows dak wasnt the sole reason the team went 8-8 this year. There were multiple problems with the team (special teams, coaching, etc).

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
Stop moving the goal post. Your argument was that dak couldnt beat good teams and he beat a good team with an elite record in the playoffs. Get the fukk outta here. Anybody that watched this season knows dak wasnt the sole reason the team went 8-8 this year. There were multiple problems with the team (special teams, coaching, etc).
dikkeater how did I move the goalpost? I was talking about this year. Are you tooooo fukking stupid to see the context clues in the post you fukking quoted dummy. Now your dikkeating ass moving the goal post you gave this p*ssys sole credit for beating Seattle but now the losses are a team thing. FOH you inferior nikkas still on Dkas dikk because he black are sad. This nikka was full white nikkas be saying he here because of privilege. This nikka is straight up and down average at fukking best.

Ghpstface

Kanye West fan
Daps
Reppin
Ice Cream Castle
Like it or not, Dak's market value is ~33M based on the franchise tag. I'm not buying the Ryan Tannehill hype, but even his market value is ~27M based on the franchise tag. Do I agree with it? No. Do I think a 1BR apartment in NYC should be $4000/mo? No. But that's the market.

BlueHeffner

Veteran
Daps
Like it or not, Dak's market value is ~33M based on the franchise tag. I'm not buying the Ryan Tannehill hype, but even his market value is ~27M based on the franchise tag. Do I agree with it? No. Do I think a 1BR apartment in NYC should be $4000/mo? No. But that's the market.
:mjtf:

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
There's no gun to anybody head that says you have to pay market price. fukk Dak at them prices even though Jerry going to fukk around and pay Dak Dalton them prices and it will be just as stupid as paying Cousins. Paying market rate is the shyt that have you copping a house for 500k and then begging for a cat to buy that shyt for 200k years later. All the market value cats don't tell you the opposite side of paying "market value" on bullshyt when it falls on its ass

Ghpstface

Kanye West fan
Daps
Reppin
Ice Cream Castle
There's no gun to anybody head that says you have to pay market price. fukk Dak at them prices even though Jerry going to fukk around and pay Dak Dalton them prices and it will be just as stupid as paying Cousins. Paying market rate is the shyt that have you copping a house for 500k and then begging for a cat to buy that shyt for 200k years later. All the market value cats don't tell you the opposite side of paying "market value" on bullshyt when it falls on its ass
So what's your solution?