Dak is out, but we in the Fields of play- Dallas Cowboys 2020 season thread

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
His rookie contract made Dak a low risk high reward. If he signs a longterm deal close to what he's asking, he would now be a high risk, high reward asset. But even the high reward is risky because Dallas would essentially have to rebuild around him as they will inevitably have to let players walk and cut players because of the cap space he and probably Cooper will take up.

So the next question would be, how good will McKay and McCarthy be at building a roster and culture.

And lastly, is Dak good enough to overcome difencencies on offense and defense. The answer is no. Dallas has spoiled him since he's been in Dallas. This nikka was a 4th round pick and he wants to he the highest paid QB on the strength of not even going to the NFC championship game? Hell no. Ain't nobody willing to throw that type of paper at Dak. Dallas would be bidding against themselves. He's trying to play hardball because he sees who the backups are.

That's why I would franchise him and sign Marriotta to be the backup. If they draft a QB in the high rounds, they might as well sign again, Marriotta and let Dak walk.

Dak has been using that clean cut, company man persona to finesse his way into a major payday. He's also seen other teammates pull the jux and now he wants what's coming to him

fukk that!
I don’t disagree with non of this. Dude out here scamming nikkas that’s giddy like bytches that we have a black qb and white folks who say he’s “nice”, “a leader”, and “hardworking” which when that’s youre main qualities you’re a fukking bum prove me wrong. Nobody says anybody worth a shyt that’s their main qualities before naming the on field shyt first. Somebody might say that about a Aaron Rodgers type but they’d also mention his actual football talent first.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
I don’t disagree with non of this. Dude out here scamming nikkas that’s giddy like bytches that we have a black qb and white folks who say he’s “nice”, “a leader”, and “hardworking” which when that’s youre main qualities you’re a fukking bum prove me wrong. Nobody says anybody worth a shyt that’s their main qualities before naming the on field shyt first. Somebody might say that about a Aaron Rodgers type but they’d also mention his actual football talent first.

:mjlol:fukk that leadership shyt

Could he be a hard worker at hitting nikkas in stride. Dez complained about his accuracy and it led to him getting cut.

He wasn't better than Romo. And this wasn't Tom Brady taking over for Bledsoe.

They gave up a 1st round pick to accommodate this nikka. Now he wants to eat up cap space for a team that went 8-8? Hell no. He's not that nice. Ain't worth it.

As good as Russell Wilson is, Seattle hasn't been the same since they gave him that deal. Dak ain't Russell Wilson. Hell, Russell Wilson ain't Russell Wilson

Thegospel

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Henry running and running and running but not pulling himself out of the game like our guy.
I wonder if Zeke was doin that his first two seasons. I think he, like others just didnt want to run through a wall for Garrett..................I could be wrong but I def wouldnt put it past some of the players including Zeke.

dtownreppin214

l'immortale
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Shags & Leathers
I wonder if Zeke was doin that his first two seasons. I think he, like others just didnt want to run through a wall for Garrett..................I could be wrong but I def wouldnt put it past some of the players including Zeke.
That would be lame as fukk. You got paid, the team invested in you for the long-term, that shyt shouldn't affect you. If you have a problem with Garrett then let I be known to the boss like Aikman did.

Thegospel

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That would be lame as fukk. You got paid, the team invested in you for the long-term, that shyt shouldn't affect you. If you have a problem with Garrett then let I be known to the boss like Aikman did.
He maybe did:yeshrug: maybe hes the one who Slater saw that text about. Theres nothing about Zeke that led me to believe he gave a fukk about Garrett. If Zeke ran how he "shouldve" We make the playoffs and Garrett gets extended? No thank you. Zeke more than any Cowboy since the dynasty years gets the benefit of the doubt with me. Thats over Romo, Ware, Witten, Dez and anybody else. Zeke better than all of them on a week by week basis.

BlueHeffner

Veteran
Daps
The Chiefs ended the 2016 season 12-4. Alex Smith was named to the pro bowl. They were slotted to pick #27 in the 2017 Draft. Andy Reid had the foresight to know they were limited with Alex Smith and convinced GM Brett Veach to trade up to #10 in the draft to select Pat Mahomes.

The Chiefs gave up their first round pick in 2017, 2018, and their 3rd pick in 2017 to select Mahomes.

The Cowboys picked 28th that season. Hypothetically, they couldve traded that pick (which ended up being Taco), the Jourdan Lewis pick, and LVE pick for Pat Mahomes.

The Chiefs then turned around and traded the average qb, Alex Smith for a third round pick and Kendall Fuller (whom is a better corner than Lewis)

Think about this the next time yall say, “if we get rid of Dak, who can we get???”

Thegospel

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The Chiefs ended the 2016 season 12-4. Alex Smith was named to the pro bowl. They were slotted to pick #27 in the 2017 Draft. Andy Reid had the foresight to know they were limited with Alex Smith and convinced GM Brett Veach to trade up to #10 in the draft to select Pat Mahomes.

The Chiefs gave up their first round pick in 2017, 2018, and their 3rd pick in 2017 to select Mahomes.

The Cowboys picked 28th that season. Hypothetically, they couldve traded that pick (which ended up being Taco), the Jourdan Lewis pick, and LVE pick for Pat Mahomes.

The Chiefs then turned around and traded the average qb, Alex Smith for a third round pick and Kendall Fuller (whom is a better corner than Lewis)

Think about this the next time yall say, “if we get rid of Dak, who can we get???”
I'm not against this :yeshrug:

Ghpstface

Kanye West fan
Daps
Reppin
Ice Cream Castle

Think about how stupid they would look now if Mahomes was a bust. He wasn't anywhere near a sure thing as a draft prospect

BlueHeffner

Veteran
Daps
Think about how stupid they would look now if Mahomes was a bust. He wasn't anywhere near a sure thing as a draft prospect
Think about how stupid they would look holding on to Alex Smith and being one and done every year due to being limited at QB

and if it wasnt Mahomes, they couldve gotten Watson.

Both QBs significantly better than Smith

Ghpstface

Kanye West fan
Daps
Reppin
Ice Cream Castle
Think about how stupid they would look holding on to Alex Smith and being one and done every year due to being limited at QB

and if it wasnt Mahomes, they couldve gotten Watson.

Both QBs significantly better than Smith
Ok let's go with your plan. We trade up into the top 10 to draft Tua. He comes out and lights shyt up. Let's say, idk, 4900 yds 30td 11int. Year 4 rolls around and guys like Watson and Mahomes have reset the QB market to where 45M is the floor for a top QB. He holds out for a new deal asking for more money than either of them got. Now what?