Dak is out, but we in the Fields of play- Dallas Cowboys 2020 season thread

Codeine Bryant

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW
This front office is trash. It’s really that simple. There is no rhyme or reason for why they do things. They just do them.

Pay your WR 100mil only to draft one in the 1st.

Pay a RB 90mil when your OL is dying and he has no leverage due to fukkery concerns

Don’t ever build the defense. Even though that’s why you lost to GB in 2014 and 2016

Draft TEs in the 2nd round only to sit them behind Witten for their entire rookie contract

Give archaic Rod Marinelli input into your drafting strategy. Only for him to never develop a single DL.

This FO is clueless. Knicks status.

Codeine Bryant

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW
It’s almost as if the front office looks at what the Patriots, Steelers, Ravens, and Chiefs do. And then choose to do the exact opposite.

Stephen and Jerry can’t be told shyt. It’s gotta be their way. And their way is abysmal. But hey, it’s their way.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
It’s almost as if the front office looks at what the Patriots, Steelers, Ravens, and Chiefs do. And then choose to do the exact opposite.

Stephen and Jerry can’t be told shyt. It’s gotta be their way. And their way is abysmal. But hey, it’s their way.

they actually tried to mimic the Patriots for a long time. And still do to this day in some regards.

Trill McClay

*Formerly known as Deeeez Nuts
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas
The homie Dane Brugler dropped his 1st mock draft today. Lank: NFL Mock Draft 1.0: Jets, Panthers, Washington and more get new quarterbacks

4. Dallas Cowboys: Caleb Farley, CB, Virginia Tech
If the Cowboys have a chance at Sewell, I don’t think they pass on him. But if he is off the board (like in this scenario), that leaves two options: trade down or take the top defensive player available. This draft class lacks a no-brainer top defender like Chase Young a year ago, but Farley is an ascending cornerback with size, speed and ball skills.

:ehh: Don't know much about breh but his name isn't Jourdan Lewis so I'm willing to give him a chance.

Codeine Bryant

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW
they actually tried to mimic the Patriots for a long time. And still do to this day in some regards.
I mean, the Pats never doled out massive contracts to WRs and RBs. Ever. Moss played on a decent salary, but not a mega deal.

They broke the bank for Stephon Gilmore. They spent high draft capital on Patrick Chung and Devin McCourty. Our FO still has PTSD from drafting Claiborne and paying Carr.

We paid DLaw 100mil. They traded Richard Seymour and Chandler Jones in their primes.

Pats have always gone RB by committee. This front office lost their collective minds after just one season of not paying Spraytan and proceeded to hemorrhage a top 5 pick on Septum Ring.

Don’t even get me started on the playcalling. Patriots never played conservatively during Brady’s tenure. They always looked to run up the score. Guys like Welker and Moss and Edelman and Amendola and Stallworth and Gronk stayed open, in a variety of route trees.

We just send Dez and Gallup on go routes for an entire decade. Cooper runs 7 yards and curl, in, or out. Witten runs straight up, turns around, and boxes out for a quick 6 yard catch.

Sorry breh. I don’t see any Patriots-esque tendencies on this team. Maybe we have the same cafeteria food or something, idk.

BlueHeffner

Veteran
Daps
This front office is trash. It’s really that simple. There is no rhyme or reason for why they do things. They just do them.

Pay your WR 100mil only to draft one in the 1st.

Pay a RB 90mil when your OL is dying and he has no leverage due to fukkery concerns

Don’t ever build the defense. Even though that’s why you lost to GB in 2014 and 2016

Draft TEs in the 2nd round only to sit them behind Witten for their entire rookie contract

Give archaic Rod Marinelli input into your drafting strategy. Only for him to never develop a single DL.

This FO is clueless. Knicks status.
The front-office is horrendous. But to their defense, signing Zeke to that deal seemed like a move Garrett pushed for. Last year of his contract, he could not chance Zeke sitting out games. FFWd to this past offseason, they bring in a pass-happy coach, so it was semi-wise to strengthen the receiving corps. If the draft fell the same way after 10 do-overs, id pick Ceedee every time.

To me, one of the biggest failures is they have absolutely no idea on how to build a defense. They are terrible at scouting d-linemen and corners, and have neglected the safety position and NT position for far too long.

What they should have done was bring in a defensive minded coach and convince him to keep KM.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:

Self_Born7

SUN OF MAN
Daps
Reppin
all 23 million miles of useful land
:hhh::picard:

MTTwy39.png

ywsVe5Y.png

so we stuck with zeke till more years huh?

R.U.L.E.

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Maven/MPire Records
:hhh::picard:
so we stuck with zeke till more years huh?

Let’s be real brehs:

If we drafted Derrick Henry and Zeke went somewhere else, Zeke would be having the year Henry is having and vice versa. Something is weird bout this franchise.

Look at What Jeff Heath’s doing with Oakland. Might make the pro bowl.

We’re cursed brehs :mjcry:

darealvelle

Real Talk
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Let’s be real brehs:

If we drafted Derrick Henry and Zeke went somewhere else, Zeke would be having the year Henry is having and vice versa. Something is weird bout this franchise.

Cole Beasley too.

who_better_than_me

Time to go!!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Let’s be real brehs:

Last year a cowboys hater I talk to literally gave up hatin ton Romo. He said we’re cursed because Romo is one of the smartest football guys he’s heard on the and definitely knows what’s he talking about and doin. Said Romo probably wins a super bowl if he left Dallas for a contending team instead of resigning after those 8-8 season.

seen a random post on a giants boards a couple weeks ago that asked how the fukk did Romo and Dak win with Garrett:francis: