Dak is out, but we in the Fields of play- Dallas Cowboys 2020 season thread

El Bombi

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
nikkas owe me an apology. :unimpressed:

https://www.thecoli.com/threads/sti...s-official-2016-war-room-thread.422776/page-4
I was the 1st person talking about drafting Jalen Ramsey since the middle of last season. :manny:

https://www.thecoli.com/threads/sti...s-official-2016-war-room-thread.422776/page-7
A non-defensive player with the 4th pick is pure asinine IMO. :yeshrug:

Defensive Backs and Defensive Lineman have a way longer shelf life than a Running Back.

Especially when you're picking with the 4th pick.

EX: Darren McFadden, Trent Richardson, Reggie Bush, Ronnie Brown, Cedric Benson.

Damn, it have been a lot more busts in taking a running back in the top 5. :ohhh:

LaDainian Tomlinson is the only one that panned out in the last 15 years. :ohhh:

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
Cowboys really gonna miss out on the QBs, the best OT in years and then draft Mo Claiborne 2.0 in Surtain :francis:

BlueHeffner

Veteran
Daps
See but you're speaking in very strict hypotheticals. You act like we were guaranteed to take Ramsey and henry. I havent read anything that indicated that. They probably wouldve taken jaylon no matter what given the fact they thought he was a huge steal in the 2nd. And yes zeke is underperforming but it's hard for me to look at the injuries we've sustained and his performance prior to this season and come to the conclusion he is washed at 25. We drafted zeke and paid him with the idea that we would have an elite line and run it down teams throats. For the most part, that's exactly what has happened the last 4 years. We lost 3 all-pro lineman this season and starting 2 legit UDFA at tackle, I mean that's the context this dude is just ignoring.
Even if it wasnt a guarantee we take Henry in the 2nd, Id still rather Ramsey over Zeke + Jaylon. It was a huge whiff if we are talking about the value of the pick.

Ramsey is looking like DPOY while Zeke isnt even the best RB in the division right now.

El Bombi

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I get what you're saying but Zeke is just too good to pass up. I personally think it's ridiculous how devalued the RB position has become, especially since teams are losing games because they can't run out the clock.

Nah fukk a run stopper at #4, a #4 DE pick needs to be a run stopper, pass rusher, 15+ sack a year type of player.

This breh was giving me a hard time in the 2016 Draft thread. :unimpressed:

Joey Bosa>>>>>>>>>>>Zeke

El Bombi

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Dwight Howard

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Even if it wasnt a guarantee we take Henry in the 2nd, Id still rather Ramsey over Zeke + Jaylon. It was a huge whiff if we are talking about the value of the pick.

Ramsey is looking like DPOY while Zeke isnt even the best RB in the division right now.
Zeke was very critical to our success in previous years though, I cant say that ramsey wouldve won us more games. Again, hindsight is 20/20 though.

BlueHeffner

Veteran
Daps
Trade Rayne to the Bears for their first rounder.

At 4 take Wilson and at 12 take Farley or Surtain. Use the money you saved on not having to pay Dak to sign Dalvin Tomlinson and Justin Simmons.

Now you have your two starting corners, a stud at Safety, a stud at DT, and a young QB with upside

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
Zeke's contract was worth it at the time...he just isn't nearly the same player he was...burst is gone...top end speed doesn't exist...now the question that should be asked is how come the Cowboys didn't anticipate this...cause at the time that is the reason why you wouldn't have paid zeke...

Just like how once we paid him we got an OC who clearly prefers to throw the ball than run it...then you go get a top flight receiving core and that becomes the strength of your team...how come somebody in the front office didn't see this starting to happen and then have those things be the reason why you don't pay Zeke...

Maybe they figured his fall off would happen when his contract was up...but that would be thinking ahead...which is something this front office has proven time and again they can't do.