Dak is out, but we in the Fields of play- Dallas Cowboys 2020 season thread

BigE214

Future GOAT
Daps
Reppin
Groveside, TX
Lots of cowboys fans are now thinking this team is curse as well. This franchise is pathetic.
:sadcam:

This is how I feel about these nikkas. I had to go to a balloon Sunday so I only watched the first half. Can't remember the last time I missed a game and I'm thinking about not even watching it once dtown posts it :patrice:

Last edited:

DrexlersFade

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I am here because of @DrexlersFade he didn’t even bother to respond to this delusion, he created a whole new thread to laugh at you pathetic cowboy fans. A first round pick for Gallop! :mjlol: Dude maybe worth a 5th round pick on a good day.

As a Washington football team fan I was ready to mail it in for Fields or Sunshine, but we are levels better than the Cowboys and the scary part is the cowboys may be position to get the 1st or 2nd :lupe:. I was praying y’all sign Dak to the big contract but it may not happen Jerry Jones didn’t bite. The man is a mad scientist when it comes to being a GM but refuses to let an competent coach coach the damn team.

Keeping fingers crossed that he hops on later I really need a explanation for that shyt.

Yeah he right on one thing though "They can try":russ:

Last edited:

BigE214

Future GOAT
Daps
Reppin
Groveside, TX
Trading players for picks at this point won’t work.

the only player that has value that would command a 1st or 2nd round pick is Zach Martin. And maybe Lael Collins when healthy. That’s it.

Lawrence, Smith and Zeke have backloaded deals so they are unreadable. So is Cooper.

Anybody else Dallas try to trade, teams aren’t going to give anything hire than a 6th round pick. They sealed Gallup’s fate the moment they drafted Lamb. Because a good GM knows they probably wouldn’t be able to resign him anyway for the money he would command.

Trading Martin right now would be there best bet.
Cleveland needs a WR. Don't underestimate Cleveland

BigE214

Future GOAT
Daps
Reppin
Groveside, TX

Imagine going on the radio talking like ya franchise ain't just hop on a plane to go kick a FG and come back.
:mjlol:
fukk you old man.
105.3 is pathetic. When things are going well, it's copasetic but as you can see right now, Jerry got the whole station on eggshells.

Last edited:

93 til

Superstar
Daps
choir boys but y’all got aldon smith :unimpressed:

is it one mic or oochie walley

Not necessarily the same. How they look at it is that Aldon and Gregory need them because the Cowboys are a team of second chances. Talented players that seemed to throw it all away at one point looking to play their way back into favorable position or a big contract. They're gonna be a little bit more compliant since Dallas took a chance on them.

Earl on the other hand, is different. Regardless, if he comes to Dallas or not. His career is already set. He's a future HOF without the Cowboys. He only wants to come here to fulfill a childhood dream, but we've seen over the years that he's not one for the bullshyt. They wouldn't be able to control because he doesn't necessarily need em and he'll be the one to put his input on the team and they'll prolly look at it as bucking the system.

Jerry and Stephen like guys that'll fall in line for whatever circumstance, but Earl ain't that guy so they won't sign him no matter how much they need him. Earl would've exposed the FO something serious by now.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
This statement from Jerry Jones is very telling

Jerry Jones on Cowboys head coach Mike McCarthy: “We wanted someone that in case the you-know-what hit the fan, had the credibility and ability to stand strong as our coach. And he’s doing that.”

McCarthy is basically someone who can deflect blame for their fukkups. Jason Garrett didn't have any real power and I think Jerry holds resentment for Jason rarely showing flex when he lobbied for Dak to take Romo's job for good. So they picked a coach that wouldn't make waves and would just be happy to have a coaching job. He didn't want to be like those other coaches a la the Ryan brothers, or Eric Mangini going on talks shows having to listen to Steven A. Smith or Skp Bayless give dumb takes. He didn't want that life. Having coached Brett Favre and Aaron Rogers, he couldn't even convince them to actually give in and sign Dak :snoop: which shows how much "credibility" he actually has.

I mean how are you gonna say McCarthy has credibility when you made him keep Kellen Moore as OC, and offense is your specialty :dahell:

The Jones family put this roster together so it's really on them, but they now how someone who can take all of the blame.

ImpartialTintedCranefly-max-1mb.gif

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Not necessarily the same. How they look at it is that Aldon and Gregory need them because the Cowboys are a team of second chances. Talented players that seemed to throw it all away at one point looking to play their way back into favorable position or a big contract. They're gonna be a little bit more compliant since Dallas took a chance on them.

Earl on the other hand, is different. Regardless, if he comes to Dallas or not. His career is already set. He's a future HOF without the Cowboys. He only wants to come here to fulfill a childhood dream, but we've seen over the years that he's not one for the bullshyt. They wouldn't be able to control because he doesn't necessarily need em and he'll be the one to put his input on the team and they'll prolly look at it as bucking the system.

Jerry and Stephen like guys that'll fall in line for whatever circumstance, but Earl ain't that guy so they won't sign him no matter how much they need him. Earl would've exposed the FO something serious by now.

They feed off of players who are desperate via..

1. Injuries - They draft players like Lee or Smith who's draft stock drops so when it's time to resign them they will take "team friendly" deals and play the "we believed in you to draft you high" card.

2. Substance Abuse issues - players who have substance abuse issues. They feel like they can also hold that over their heads when it comes time to negotiate deals. So they will definitely low ball Aldon Smith.

3. Off the field issues - It's how they got Collins, and Dez.

4. Small School players - they had a long stretch where they would draft players from small schools who had no business playing in the NFL.

Trill McClay

*Formerly known as Deeeez Nuts
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas
105.3 is pathetic. When things are going well, it's copasetic but as you can see right now, Jerry got the whole station on eggshells.
Yup. Basik was the only one yesterday to put pressure on them. Then again he has fukk you money so he really has nun to lose.

The Joneses know which station to pull that shyt with though.

93 til

Superstar
Daps
They feed off of players who are desperate via..

1. Injuries - They draft players like Lee or Smith who's draft stock drops so when it's time to resign them they will take "team friendly" deals and play the "we believed in you to draft you high" card.

2. Substance Abuse issues - players who have substance abuse issues. They feel like they can also hold that over their heads when it comes time to negotiate deals. So they will definitely low ball Aldon Smith.

3. Off the field issues - It's how they got Collins, and Dez.

4. Small School players - they had a long stretch where they would draft players from small schools who had no business playing in the NFL.

Exactly

Earl doesn't fit their criteria

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Had it not been for super bowl expectations last year, Dallas could've literally completed 1/2 of the rebuilding process over the summer.

1. Once Zeke decided he was going to hold out I would've traded him. They could've gotten a 1st or 2nd at best, 3rd at worst. Kansas City was the first team to pick a running back so they probably would've given up a 1st rounder to pick him since he still had 2 years remaining on his rookie deal.
2. Unless Byron Jones became Deion Sanders overnight, there was no way in hell they were going to resign him for the money he was going to get on the open market. Starting corners rarely go on the open market. I would've traded him before or mid season for a first round pick.
3. The jets were willing to trade for Martin or Tyron Smith for a first round pick. I would've let go of Smith in a heart beat.
4. I would've called Lawrence bluff. If he would've delayed surgery then so be it. Then I would've fielded trade offers just to see what his true value was. If no teams bit, then I would've said fukk it and not resigned him.
5. I get why they resigned Smith, and I think his issues this year could've been fixed. However, in the spirit of rebuilding, I would've waited to see how he played during the year. Then I would've put a 1st round tender on him. Maybe even a 2nd.

So they would've gone into this years draft with 3 first round picks and 2 second round picks at a minimum. 4 at best. The Jets had the 11th pick. And Miami had 2 first rounders so more than likely they would've traded the 30th pick.

So at worst, Dallas would've had the 11th, 17th, and 30th pick. and possibly the 32nd pick. Martin would've gotten them a 2nd round pick as well OR Jamal Adams from the Jets

So they would've gone into this off season with a ton of cap space. No pressure to resign Cooper, and they Jamal Adams to lead the secondary.

dtownreppin214

l'immortale
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Shags & Leathers
Had it not been for super bowl expectations last year, Dallas could've literally completed 1/2 of the rebuilding process over the summer.

1. Once Zeke decided he was going to hold out I would've traded him. They could've gotten a 1st or 2nd at best, 3rd at worst. Kansas City was the first team to pick a running back so they probably would've given up a 1st rounder to pick him since he still had 2 years remaining on his rookie deal.
2. Unless Byron Jones became Deion Sanders overnight, there was no way in hell they were going to resign him for the money he was going to get on the open market. Starting corners rarely go on the open market. I would've traded him before or mid season for a first round pick.
3. The jets were willing to trade for Martin or Tyron Smith for a first round pick. I would've let go of Smith in a heart beat.
4. I would've called Lawrence bluff. If he would've delayed surgery then so be it. Then I would've fielded trade offers just to see what his true value was. If no teams bit, then I would've said fukk it and not resigned him.
5. I get why they resigned Smith, and I think his issues this year could've been fixed. However, in the spirit of rebuilding, I would've waited to see how he played during the year. Then I would've put a 1st round tender on him. Maybe even a 2nd.

So they would've gone into this years draft with 3 first round picks and 2 second round picks at a minimum. 4 at best. The Jets had the 11th pick. And Miami had 2 first rounders so more than likely they would've traded the 30th pick.

So at worst, Dallas would've had the 11th, 17th, and 30th pick. and possibly the 32nd pick. Martin would've gotten them a 2nd round pick as well OR Jamal Adams from the Jets

So they would've gone into this off season with a ton of cap space. No pressure to resign Cooper, and they Jamal Adams to lead the secondary.
It's a series of piss poor decisions. Letting Byron walk for nothing was incredibly stupid. Especially when you had no intention of signing him.