Dak is out, but we in the Fields of play- Dallas Cowboys 2020 season thread

dtownreppin214

l'immortale
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Shags & Leathers
@*DalMem* negged me and called me a Cac cause they can only get a 5th for Gallup now :russ:

Cowboys fans :mjlol:
Probably higher than a 5th because he's cheap for a few more years but definitely not a 1st. I don't know why we keep overrating Gallup. People didn't even want to let him go for Jamal Adams.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
It's a series of piss poor decisions. Letting Byron walk for nothing was incredibly stupid. Especially when you had no intention of signing him.

Not recognizing the market in general is a fatal flaw. Teams usually overpay for a quality cornerback. Jones was the highest rated corner in free agency by far.

BlueHeffner

Veteran
Daps
Had it not been for super bowl expectations last year, Dallas could've literally completed 1/2 of the rebuilding process over the summer.

1. Once Zeke decided he was going to hold out I would've traded him. They could've gotten a 1st or 2nd at best, 3rd at worst. Kansas City was the first team to pick a running back so they probably would've given up a 1st rounder to pick him since he still had 2 years remaining on his rookie deal.
2. Unless Byron Jones became Deion Sanders overnight, there was no way in hell they were going to resign him for the money he was going to get on the open market. Starting corners rarely go on the open market. I would've traded him before or mid season for a first round pick.
3. The jets were willing to trade for Martin or Tyron Smith for a first round pick. I would've let go of Smith in a heart beat.
4. I would've called Lawrence bluff. If he would've delayed surgery then so be it. Then I would've fielded trade offers just to see what his true value was. If no teams bit, then I would've said fukk it and not resigned him.
5. I get why they resigned Smith, and I think his issues this year could've been fixed. However, in the spirit of rebuilding, I would've waited to see how he played during the year. Then I would've put a 1st round tender on him. Maybe even a 2nd.

So they would've gone into this years draft with 3 first round picks and 2 second round picks at a minimum. 4 at best. The Jets had the 11th pick. And Miami had 2 first rounders so more than likely they would've traded the 30th pick.

So at worst, Dallas would've had the 11th, 17th, and 30th pick. and possibly the 32nd pick. Martin would've gotten them a 2nd round pick as well OR Jamal Adams from the Jets

So they would've gone into this off season with a ton of cap space. No pressure to resign Cooper, and they Jamal Adams to lead the secondary.
Zeke and Byron wouldnt have netted anything close to a first :unimpressed:

They shouldve re-signed him or at least went out and signed Bradberry. Byron just got paid and is the 5th highest paid corner. (Btw shoutout to @Ghpstface you were right about Bradberry)

This once again goes back to the Dak contract situation. Part of the reason they moved on is because they needed money to pay this guy so folks cant have it both ways.

Spade

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DC/Texas/Chicago
Yup. Basik was the only one yesterday to put pressure on them. Then again he has fukk you money so he really has nun to lose.

The Joneses know which station to pull that shyt with though.
It is exactly why he got away from the ticket. The ticket wouldn't let him get away with this shyt. I don't think ESPN103.3 would either. Only a couple of them on the fan would speak up.

Primetime21

This my city
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lemongrass, cherries, alkaline water
I had a depressing thought in relation to this franchise, how many players on this team best years are still in front of them? Gallup, CeeDee, Diggs, thats as far as I got. We’re in deep shyt, and unfortunately change isnt coming with the Jones’ boys running the show. What we really need is about 3 or 4 Dez personality types, too many low energy betas in the locker room.

Lucky_Lefty

Dreams Are Colder Than Death...
Daps
Reppin
Purgatory

Imagine going on the radio talking like ya franchise ain't just hop on a plane to go kick a FG and come back.
:mjlol:
fukk you old man.

Damn. I forgot my dude Shariff was down here. Gonna have to hit him up and tell him he ain’t gotta go out like this :snoop:

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
Nikkas really said Dalton was as good as Dak :mjlol:

Be happy you're wrong as hell :wow:

Tank Commander Dalton . :blessed:

He got the Bengals Burrow now he's trying to get the Cowboys Fields :mjlit:
People are wrong all the time guess you’ve never been wrong. Must be nice. As for me not the first or last time ye shrug

BigE214

Future GOAT
Daps
Reppin
Groveside, TX
I had a depressing thought in relation to this franchise, how many players on this team best years are still in front of them? Gallup, CeeDee, Diggs, thats as far as I got. We’re in deep shyt, and unfortunately change isnt coming with the Jones’ boys running the show. What we really need is about 3 or 4 Dez personality types, too many low energy betas in the locker room.
I agree 100%

40 million couldn't handle that type of personality