Dak is out, but we in the Fields of play- Dallas Cowboys 2020 season thread

who_better_than_me

Time to go!!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yall might be worse than us :dame:

yall stink :scust:

mcCarthy already lost the locker room and it ain’t even half a season in :sadcam:
Ninja we the worst team in the league. We. Struggle to score, period. Can’t score can’t defend. We goin 2-14. I pity the team that loses to us. You jokers Purposely loss to us to jeopardize our draft position.

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
Yeah but it goes right back up again because of the TV Deal. This deal isn't the most important. QBs don't hit their prime until after 30+. He needs to sign a 2 year deal with a team not far away from competing
I don't know where you're getting this qb's don't hit their prime until 30 bidness from but that's not true historically. Most qb's hit their ceiling in normal numbers after about 4/5 years of starting. You'll have outlier seasons here and there but most qb's are pretty consistent from year 4/5 through when they start to decline but hitting their prime after 30? Nah and you can check a big enough sample size of qb's stats to see this for the most part with like I said an outlier season here and there is the case.

Buggsy Mogues

My spot is solidified if you ask me
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
City of Angels :blessed:
Yeah at the time I don't see how you couldn't see them on them same level. fukk all the individual bullshyt because that's barber shop talk. As far as what each had done or been given credit for they were on a close enough playing level at the time. Get rid of Cousins or Dak doesn't guarantee success and I'm definitely not saying it does. We can also see how having Mahommes over Smith made KC better. They were Dak level with Smith in KC but knew they needed to get better. That's how I see Dak. He's not the worst but I think he's not more than decent and it shows against better teams. I'm not even saying the shyt we know the D does that nikkas love to bring up. I'm talking about his play against teams you need to beat to win it all. Its easy to place blame on the D cause they stink esp this year but Dak as a QB agoanst better teams isn't that dude and he needs to be that more often to want to pay him top money IMO. Last good game against a playoff team was Minn last year. Every other playoff type team he didn't really do shyt and that's who he normally is against better teams. If that's worth blank check money cool but I don't agree with you on that.

We obviously disagree on Dak talent and have been back and forth on it, so I'm going to step around whether or not Dak is an elite QB. I think he is and has proven it.

But again like I said about Cousins - Wash probably should have extended him in hindsight. They didn't gain anything by letting him go. They're in the same cycle so many other teams are trying to draft a QB and hope they hit on one. They've been doing that for damn near two decades now. Its hard as hell to find a good or even great QB in the league. We lucked into that shyt twice. So to me... EVEN if you think Dak is no better than Cousins.. I STILL think it's worth extending him. He was playing at a level this year that only a few QB's were playing at.. and they were still 1-3, so why tf throw a rookie QB into that?

I mean it wouldn't even be a discussion if they had done the smart thing and signed him a year ago when they could of got him for around $33m... but this team never does the smart thing. That's why I think it's funny ppl want them to rebuild the whole team AND find a new QB.. these stupid mf'ers can never get out of their own way. They lucked into Dak, like they lucked into Romo.

Spade

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DC/Texas/Chicago
Yeah but it goes right back up again because of the TV Deal. This deal isn't the most important. QBs don't hit their prime until after 30+. He needs to sign a 2 year deal with a team not far away from competing
That’s best for Dak, not for Dallas. The problem he and Dallas have is you have so many holes right now and to tie more of your cap into Dak and another offensive player will give you more problems. You can’t even dream to sign anybody significant in free agency if you even wanted to. We would need to hope they draft differently if they sign Dak to a long term deal. Skeletor has a big decision to make. Or he already made his decision.

dtownreppin214

l'immortale
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Shags & Leathers
Two 1st and a Pro Bowl player. :yeshrug:

Im biased :unimpressed: but I would want more than what the Rams got from the Slurs for RGknee

The Rams got:
Pick #6
Pick #39
2013 First Rounder
2014 First Rounder

I would do this and draft Parsons or Wade

I do something in between...3 first rd picks, they can take it. 5 for Lawrence.

BlueHeffner

Veteran
Daps
That’s best for Dak, not for Dallas. The problem he and Dallas have is you have so many holes right now and to tie more of your cap into Dak and another offensive player will give you more problems. You can’t even dream to sign anybody significant in free agency if you even wanted to. We would need to hope they draft differently if they sign Dak to a long term deal. Skeletor has a big decision to make. Or he already made his decision.
Last time we were in this position (horrible season and a top-5 pick) we drafted Zeke and Jaylon :unimpressed:

Id rather go the route of taking a QB

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
We obviously disagree on Dak talent and have been back and forth on it, so I'm going to step around whether or not Dak is an elite QB. I think he is and has proven it.

But again like I said about Cousins - Wash probably should have extended him in hindsight. They didn't gain anything by letting him go. They're in the same cycle so many other teams are trying to draft a QB and hope they hit on one. They've been doing that for damn near two decades now. Its hard as hell to find a good or even great QB in the league. We lucked into that shyt twice. So to me... EVEN if you think Dak is no better than Cousins.. I STILL think it's worth extending him. He was playing at a level this year that only a few QB's were playing at.. and they were still 1-3, so why tf throw a rookie QB into that?

I mean it wouldn't even be a discussion if they had done the smart thing and signed him a year ago when they could of got him for around $33m... but this team never does the smart thing. That's why I think it's funny ppl want them to rebuild the whole team AND find a new QB.. these stupid mf'ers can never get out of their own way. They lucked into Dak, like they lucked into Romo.
He was playing at a level he and Zeke help in out themselves in in concert with the D. You get no credit for help putting out fires you started. All that level you're talking about just resulted in shyt talking numbers online with low probability of success. Throwing for all them yards aren't a good thing. Like I said last year when the D wasn't close to this bad what did Mr Franchise do against most playoff teams outside of the Vikes? Some of the same stuff folks like me been saying which is putting up numbers that look good for talking online but if you truly look beyond that shyt see its fugazy.

Yeah Wash didn't gain nothing but what about KC? Did they not improve at the QB position and since we both hopefully agree why do you only mention the negative like there is no chance for positive? I've already said its no guarantee you get better than Dak but there is a chance ESP with a blue chip talent. Dak can never be elite beating up on wack teams sorry fam. You gotta at least do good (not wins and losses necessarily) but in your actual playing and Dak doesn't really do that. Y'all like that James Harden put up stats but when it counts aka against better teams dude looking like who done it too often. Dak the dude at La fitness out up numbers against the scrubs but against folks on his level or better he rarely holds his own. That's not elite fam but you're right we will never agree on that because we have different visions for what elite truly is.

Buggsy Mogues

My spot is solidified if you ask me
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
City of Angels :blessed:
He was playing at a level he and Zeke help in out themselves in in concert with the D. You get no credit for help putting out fires you started. All that level you're talking about just resulted in shyt talking numbers online with low probability of success. Throwing for all them yards aren't a good thing. Like I said last year when the D wasn't close to this bad what did Mr Franchise do against most playoff teams outside of the Vikes? Some of the same stuff folks like me been saying which is putting up numbers that look good for talking online but if you truly look beyond that shyt see its fugazy.

Yeah Wash didn't gain nothing but what about KC? Did they not improve at the QB position and since we both hopefully agree why do you only mention the negative like there is no chance for positive? I've already said its no guarantee you get better than Dak but there is a chance ESP with a blue chip talent. Dak can never be elite beating up on wack teams sorry fam. You gotta at least do good (not wins and losses necessarily) but in your actual playing and Dak doesn't really do that. Y'all like that James Harden put up stats but when it counts aka against better teams dude looking like who done it too often. Dak the dude at La fitness out up numbers against the scrubs but against folks on his level or better he rarely holds his own. That's not elite fam but you're right we will never agree on that because we have different visions for what elite truly is.

Dak had a hand in a few of those turnovers... but that's the difference between Dak situation and Mahomes or Russ. Mahomes didn't really have to do shyt today and his defense carried the day. KC D and special teams put the game out of reach before Mahomes ever got a TD. Russ has 3 INT tonight and still lost on a damn last second FG. Dak had to put up historic numbers just to keep the team competitive. If Dak threw 3 INT? Fucc we gettin blown out by 21. What Russ dealt with tonight was what Dak has dealt with every game this yr - some of it was his fault, some of it wasn't. He went blow for blow, pause, with Russ in the game this year. The ONLY difference was Dak got picked off that game and Russ didn't. If Dak has a turnover or two, it's a wrap, he don't have nobody else picking up the slack.

You are right that Dak in the past hasn't had big games against playoff caliber teams. I will admit that. But can you admit Dak has improved every year? Dak has a rookie was carried by the talent around him and he was a complementary piece. Dak today is making everyone around him better than making the offense work. The proof is in what we're seeing on the field right now. Nothing has changed except the QB and the right guard. And we know Zack Martin is a future HOF'er, but he ain't the difference between scoring 30+ points a game or not. 13 points in two games since Dak been out.

dtownreppin214

l'immortale
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Shags & Leathers
There's like a 50% chance if these two were in front of me, I'd put that iron to their chest. :hubie:

gwUpVgw.jpg

I hate them with every fiber of my being. They have destroyed this franchise and brought shame on to all of us.

If you can't see how the void at the GM position has led to all of this, I don't know what to tell. Go read a book on NFL front offices and educate yourself on the job duties of a GM. They are supposed to provide a vision for the franchise - 1 yr, 5 yr, 10 yrs down the line. When a coach says "we don't need a safety", they are supposed to have the foresight to overrule that decision. When a coach attempts to hire a has-been coordinator, they are supposed to have the network of coaches to in the league to advise them on an overrule. When it's time to pay a QB and several other stars, they are supposed to council with the cap experts to strategically space out the contracts. I can go on and on...the pros and cons of switching to a 3-4, studying the waiver wire/practice squads for pro personnel, empowering the head coach, playing devil's advocate/leaving emotions at the door when resigning players etc...etc....the problem isn't that Jerry is doing too much, it's that we have a huge leadership vacuum at the most important position of a front office. We are a rudderless ship. It's sickening and these two have broken me. We are in for a long rebuild and there's a 75% they will fail at that too. The city of Dallas deserves better than this.

jay211

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
After seeing Kyler Murray tonight, it makes me want Fields more. Fields is a bigger Kyler in my opinion (he's not as good a thrower yet. But He's still good)

Surreal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
There's like a 50% chance if these two were in front of me, I'd put that iron to their chest. :hubie:

gwUpVgw.jpg

I hate them with every fiber of my being. They have destroyed this franchise and brought shame on to all of us.

If you can't see how the void at the GM position has led to all of this, I don't know what to tell. Go read a book on NFL front offices and educate yourself on the job duties of a GM. They are supposed to provide a vision for the franchise - 1 yr, 5 yr, 10 yrs down the line. When a coach says "we don't need a safety", they are supposed to have the foresight to overrule that decision. When a coach attempts to hire a has-been coordinator, they are supposed to have the network of coaches to in the league to advise them on an overrule. When it's time to pay a QB and several other stars, they are supposed to council with the cap experts to strategically space out the contracts. I can go on and on...the pros and cons of switching to a 3-4, studying the waiver wire/practice squads for pro personnel, empowering the head coach, playing devil's advocate/leaving emotions at the door when resigning players etc...etc....the problem isn't that Jerry is doing too much, it's that we have a huge leadership vacuum at the most important position of a front office. We are a rudderless ship. It's sickening and these two have broken me. We are in for a long rebuild and there's a 75% they will fail at that too. The city of Dallas deserves better than this.

Jerruh has only done 2 things right in his tenure here

1. Hired Jimmy
2. Signed Prime

That's it. He didn't want to trade Herschel..remember that and brought that C00n back the first chance he could

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
Dak had a hand in a few of those turnovers... but that's the difference between Dak situation and Mahomes or Russ. Mahomes didn't really have to do shyt today and his defense carried the day. KC D and special teams put the game out of reach before Mahomes ever got a TD. Russ has 3 INT tonight and still lost on a damn last second FG. Dak had to put up historic numbers just to keep the team competitive. If Dak threw 3 INT? Fucc we gettin blown out by 21. What Russ dealt with tonight was what Dak has dealt with every game this yr - some of it was his fault, some of it wasn't. He went blow for blow, pause, with Russ in the game this year. The ONLY difference was Dak got picked off that game and Russ didn't. If Dak has a turnover or two, it's a wrap, he don't have nobody else picking up the slack.

You are right that Dak in the past hasn't had big games against playoff caliber teams. I will admit that. But can you admit Dak has improved every year? Dak has a rookie was carried by the talent around him and he was a complementary piece. Dak today is making everyone around him better than making the offense work. The proof is in what we're seeing on the field right now. Nothing has changed except the QB and the right guard. And we know Zack Martin is a future HOF'er, but he ain't the difference between scoring 30+ points a game or not. 13 points in two games since Dak been out.
Nah can't really admit Dak has improved every year. He's improved but every year nah son. He still is making the same damn mistakes that get exploited everytime we play better teams. That's why his play is consistently eh against better teams. You know I don't think he's made nobody better. The proof is even with him we were in route to 6/7 wins. Only difference now we don't get the down by 4 tds comeback to lose by 1td. Who the fukk cares is the result is still a L unless you're trying to justify why Dak needs 40mil for not playing consistently good against teams you'll see to win it all.

who_better_than_me

Time to go!!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
After seeing Kyler Murray tonight, it makes me want Fields more. Fields is a bigger Kyler in my opinion (he's not as good a thrower yet. But He's still good)
Lamar and Kyler wouldn’t work in Dallas. They have Contemporary systems built around. That type type of game plan needs a talented/visionary coaching staff. We don’t Have that here in Dallas. I don’t believe in this coaching staff to put a system In Place for Fields to get the most out of him. I feel much safer with a more traditional qb like Lawrence.