Dak is out, but we in the Fields of play- Dallas Cowboys 2020 season thread

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
Speaking of Cowboys decisions y'all fought me on....

:francis: I told y'all Mike Mccarthy was a bad hire!! I think I even posted X&O's videos from that SBNation dude on why Mike Mccarthy sucked at GB & why the new GB coach (Who is from the Kyle Shanahan coaching tree) is a HUGE improvement.

@dtownreppin214 @*DalMem* @Rell84shots @Spade Y'all agree with Colin Cowherd in that video the Cowboys should trade Gallop?

The sad thing is that Gallup being trade bait is a further indictment on Coop. You'd actually get more for Gallup because he's the more consistent WR, and he actually shows up on the road unlike Betamari.
I said before the season to trade Gallup for Jamal Adams b/c I knew what I was getting in Adams. Trading Gallup for a draft pick is on the surface the right move, but you gotta tell me what they're going to do with that pick and if they're going to allow the same scouts who chose Trystena and Taco to make that pick. The same scouts who never push for a safety? Wouldn't it have been nice to have Budda Baker? He was taken 10 picks after Taco's bytch ass. So yeah, I'd trade Gallup, I think Wilson can do 75% of what he does, but it's complicated because I don't trust this team's drafting anymore. I need this scouting department completely cleaned out as well.

I agree with @BlueHeffner that I think MM can still turn this thing around. Aikman vouched for him, and I respect the hell out of him and his football opinions. But, I can't lie, I lost a little respect for him when at his introductory PC he admitted he lied in his interview about watching every Cowboy's snap from the 2019 season. That was so incredibly stupid to admit when you're reputation at GB was that you were lazy and low IQ. So yeah, I agree with Cowherd on that point. I also agree with him about McCarthy faking about this analytics thing. 13:50 mark in the video below from yesterday's PC, he's asked if he thinks the team's improved...he starts talking about "trend lines" and all this other analytics jargon. He's done this a few times during his PC which comes off very unnatural and forced IMO. MM is a meat and potatoes Pittsburgh guy, he should embrace that and try to instill it in the Cowboys culture.

McCarthy is just proving to the world that it was Rodgers that made him, and not the other way around. He lost the players in just 6 weeks which is unheard of.

BlueHeffner

Veteran
Daps
I said before the season to trade Gallup for Jamal Adams b/c I knew what I was getting in Adams. Trading Gallup for a draft pick is on the surface the right move, but you gotta tell me what they're going to do with that pick and if they're going to allow the same scouts who chose Trystena and Taco to make that pick. The same scouts who never push for a safety? Wouldn't it have been nice to have Budda Baker? He was taken 10 picks after Taco's bytch ass. So yeah, I'd trade Gallup, I think Wilson can do 75% of what he does, but it's complicated because I don't trust this team's drafting anymore. I need this scouting department completely cleaned out as well.

I agree with @BlueHeffner that I think MM can still turn this thing around. Aikman vouched for him, and I respect the hell out of him and his football opinions. But, I can't lie, I lost a little respect for him when at his introductory PC he admitted he lied in his interview about watching every Cowboy's snap from the 2019 season. That was so incredibly stupid to admit when you're reputation at GB was that you were lazy and low IQ. So yeah, I agree with Cowherd on that point. I also agree with him about McCarthy faking about this analytics thing. 13:50 mark in the video below from yesterday's PC, he's asked if he thinks the team's improved...he starts talking about "trend lines" and all this other analytics jargon. He's done this a few times during his PC which comes off very unnatural and forced IMO. MM is a meat and potatoes Pittsburgh guy, he should embrace that and try to instill it in the Cowboys culture.

Sturm vouched for him too. He was adamant on the radio that hes the guy that can get this turned around.

If we are being realistic, no way was this going to turn around in one season. He inherited players we’ve hated for years now and a horrible culture. No way was that going to be turned around in one limited off-season.

Anybody pointing to Green Bay’s “success” right now without him as an indictment of his football acumen, is being lazy. For years, that team drafted poorly and didnt bring in any free agents until he was gone.

Him coming in and being ok with Kellen Moore controlling the offense isnt talked about enough. He couldve demanded Jerry to atleast have Kellen install a lot of his concepts but he realized that the offense wasnt “broken” and to keep it the same.

He could very well be a mistake hire, but to jump to that conclusion 6 games in is stupid.

El Bombi

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Fat Ass already lost the locker room.

It's two things that he can do from now on.

1. Blow up the roster and clean house

Or

2. Allow this to be the being of the end of his short tenure in Dallas.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
Sturm vouched for him too. He was adamant on the radio that hes the guy that can get this turned around.

If we are being realistic, no way was this going to turn around in one season. He inherited players we’ve hated for years now and a horrible culture. No way was that going to be turned around in one limited off-season.

Anybody pointing to Green Bay’s “success” right now without him as an indictment of his football acumen, is being lazy. For years, that team drafted poorly and didnt bring in any free agents until he was gone.

Him coming in and being ok with Kellen Moore controlling the offense isnt talked about enough. He couldve demanded Jerry to atleast have Kellen install a lot of his concepts but he realized that the offense wasnt “broken” and to keep it the same.

He could very well be a mistake hire, but to jump to that conclusion 6 games in is stupid.

like honestly, the cowboys had the number one offense with Moore. It was the defense that was the problem. Moore turned Dak around after ONE season. And the numbers Dak had been putting up all year was Moore. Look how fast he was able to incorporate CeeDee into the offense.

If they were going to keep Moore they would’ve hired a defensive minded coach. I would’ve promoted Richard on the strength of what he was able to do with Byron Jones alone.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
Fat Ass already lost the locker room.

It's two things that he can do from now on.

1. Blow up the roster and clean house

Or

2. Allow this to be the being of the end of his short tenure in Dallas.

it was lost before he got there if we’re being honest.

El Bombi

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
@darealvelle posted this video in January of Xavier Woods on Undisputed. My reaction at the time to the video was -

It speaks to exactly what Max is talking about in the clip you posted - that these Cowboys players (even scrubs) are given special treatment and attention that is not afforded to other players around the league. It's why our players have such inflated egos and why opponents like Bart Scott have no respect for us.

Seriously, can you think of a single player on any other team that is on Xavier Woods level getting a seat on First Take or Undisputed??? Imagine for a second turning on Undisputed one day and seeing the Jacksonville Jaguars scrub safety on there debating with Shannon and Skip. :dead: You can't, it's incomprehensible. But this is where we are with this franchise and our spoiled ass players.

Xavier Woods, Shoulder Chip Brown, and Azz Woozie all have this unearned arrogance about themselves. :mindblown: