Dak is out, but we in the Fields of play- Dallas Cowboys 2020 season thread

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
I said it on CZ, Jerry has the luxury of a fanbase that is accustomed to being average.

Most of this fanbase would rather to continue to go 8-8 with Dak than start over.

QBs that arent elite and take up a bulk of the salary cap dont win championships, period.

Look at Watson. Hes better than Dak but his team is 1-5 and their future looks horrible at the moment

You don't get it. At some point you're gonna have to pay the QB a lot of money. Even if you move on from Dak and draft a rookie. If he's better but the defense is still trash, then what? They couldn't build a championship defense around Romo. Even if you had Mahomes, you won't win many games with that defense.

So lets say they move on and draft a rookie. Then what? By the time they are "contenders" rookie deals are expiring and you have to start paying players.

Wilson came into Seattle after they rebuilt the team. The defense was nasty. Wilson didn't need to do much. But as soon as his deal was starting to wind down, they started running the offense exclusively through Wilson and eventually, they had to start moving on from good players. They traded Russell Okung for pro bowl guard because guards are cheaper. They also drafted well enough that backups became starters. The signed free agents when needed. All while Russell got better. And notice how they didn't spend high draft picks on running backs because when you pay a franchise QB you don't do dumb shyt like that.

The Jones family are frauds when it comes to building a franchise by your standards. So let Dak walk and draft a QB. But be prepared for 6-10, 5-11, 7-9 for the next 6 or 7 years.

Surreal

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Dak is far beyond average. We were hearing even on here how Dalton never had these weapons in Cincinnati and he would come in here and do his thing. He struggled to put up 10 points. We saw how several other qbs aside from Romo did here and they didn't manage to win a game as a starter.

Bring Mahomes here and he wouldn't be the Mahomes we know. Dak literally has to average 40 points a game in order to win these games. Look at what Mahomes is scoring out there in KC. He'd be losing a lot of these games as well. We had the number 1 offense in the league until Dak went out. I'd love to know what fantasy numbers some other qb or a rookie qb is going to put up. Trevor Lawrence is going to come in here and average 45 points and like 550 yards a game?

I've never blamed Dak for the status of the team. I blamed him and Romo for not getting us over hump the times we had chances. But as whole, Dak is a damn good QB. I called Romo an Idiot Savant plenty times. They just couldnt overcome our spotty ran team. Always draft for need instead of want. We didn't need Lamb. He's gonna be outstanding but we didn't need him

Last edited:

lightskin jermaine

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
San Antonio
I've said similar on there. These dudes are the types to marry the first chick that lets them fukk. That's why cats always ask that stupid whats the exact plan so they don't have to do anything to you hold their hands though the exact plan to get player x on the team. Sometimes you have to take a short term L (letting Dak go) to potentially improve for the long term, similar to KC. Nobody knew Mahommes was going to be this or he would've went first but KC was like fam we tired of being the first game on wildcard Saturday and made a change that worked out for them. Where would they've been if they just stuck with Smith on the he's okay lets just improve the D?

Peace fam. I think Andy Reid and the Chiefs front office knew what type of player Mahomes was which is why they traded up to get him. We let Dak go, then we're going to be rotating QB's in and out until we struck Gold.

Elite QB's flourish under Elite coaching and Elite front offices. We have neither. If by chance we get an Elite level QB like Mahomes in the draft, I don't trust this staff or front office to tap into that potential.

Surreal

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You don't get it. At some point you're gonna have to pay the QB a lot of money. Even if you move on from Dak and draft a rookie. If he's better but the defense is still trash, then what? They couldn't build a championship defense around Romo. Even if you had Mahomes, you won't win many games with that defense.

So lets say they move on and draft a rookie. Then what? By the time they are "contenders" rookie deals are expiring and you have to start paying players.

Wilson came into Seattle after they rebuilt the team. The defense was nasty. Wilson didn't need to do much. But as soon as his deal was starting to wind down, they started running the offense exclusively through Wilson and eventually, they had to start moving on from good players. They traded Russell Okung for pro bowl guard because guards are cheaper. They also drafted well enough that backups became starters. The signed free agents when needed. All while Russell got better. And notice how they didn't spend high draft picks on running backs because when you pay a franchise QB you don't do dumb shyt like that.

The Jones family are frauds when it comes to building a franchise by your standards. So let Dak walk and draft a QB. But be prepared for 6-10, 5-11, 7-9 for the next 6 or 7 years.

And unless that Seahawks horrible defense make great strides, Baby Hair not getting back to another SB

Boyz messed up when they paid D Law and Jaylon

Buggsy Mogues

My spot is solidified if you ask me
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
City of Angels :blessed:
This post is all over the place :mjlol:

You are equating yards thrown as to whether or not a QB is elite or not. Probably the dumbest thing ive read in this thread and thats saying something considering @Dak Pawgscott posts in here

All-22 cats on twitter? :russ::russ::russ::russ: Go back and find their all-22 posts after the Eagles, Bears, Bills, Packers, Patriots games last year.

How many non-elite QBs take up a majority of their teams’s salary Cap? :russ:

Stafford
Ryan
Cousins
Dak
Jimmy G
Brees
Wentz
Goff
Big Ben
Watson

Now from this list, which one of them has a legit shot at a Super Bowl?

Nah the dumbest post on this thread is by far you trying to equate a team win - loss record to the QB. Passing yards is one stat to measure a QB. It's not the only one, I've given you other reasons. Stats + tape + ability on why Dak is elite. You haven't given me one reason he's not besides...Win-loss record? You on here talking about win loss record for QB's and trying to shyt on other ppl's football acumen? Please tell us your method for evaluating a QB if stats + film + ability aren't enough?

By the way -- you ever gonna stop dodging the question about who the elite QBs are right now that are better than Dak?

As to your last question:

Well considering Jimmy G was in the Super Bowl EIGHT MONTHS AGO I'd say he probably has a legit shot to get there again. Goff was in it two years ago and his team is 4-2 so he has a decent shot too. Ryan is done now but he got to the SB in 2017 while taking up a majority of the team's cap. Steelers are 5-0 right now so Big Ben has a shot. The Saints still have a chance in the NFC too.

So uh, that's half your list. Stafford, Cousins will never play in a SB. I wouldn't rule out Wentz just because of the division. Watson, Dak obviously not this year but they definitely have the ability to lead a team to a SB in their careers.

kevm3

follower of Jesus
Supporter
Daps
The issue is Jerry and Stephen. We're not winning with them period because they want to roleplay as GM and yet refuse to do what GMs do. What do successful GMs do when players and coaches underperform? They replace them.... yet we're going to finish out the season with NO changes on the defensive side of the ball because Stephen Jones is convinced that the team is talented enough and they are magically going to gel. Nolan has had some of the worst defenses in the league, but he's going to pull a great defense out of thin air. Sorry, not going to happen. No qb in the league is going to come here and succeed under these circumstances. THe qb literally has to score 40 points a game to win. Aaron Rodgers isn't doing that right now and neither is Mahomes. Russell's last two games, he scored 27 and 31 points, which would equal losses with our defense.

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
So what does that have to do with what you said:

QBs that arent elite and take up a bulk of the salary cap dont win championships, period.

Look at Watson. Hes better than Dak but his team is 1-5 and their future looks horrible at the moment

You didn't say nothin about the front office. You're saying Watson isn't elite and he's taking up a bulk of the salary cap, as if that's a reason why they're bad?

And Watson is elite and so is Dak. And if they ain't then who is? Its only 1 Patrick Mahomes out there.
Man y'all nikkas say anybody that ain't shyt is elite. The shyt has lost all fukking meaning. Its only like top 3-5 that are elite fam and Dak/Watson ain't it.

dtownreppin214

l'immortale
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Shags & Leathers

Oh this shyt finna get spicy.
:wow:

Here we go.

tenor.gif

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
This post is all over the place :mjlol:

You are equating yards thrown as to whether or not a QB is elite or not. Probably the dumbest thing ive read in this thread and thats saying something considering @Dak Pawgscott posts in here

All-22 cats on twitter? :russ::russ::russ::russ: Go back and find their all-22 posts after the Eagles, Bears, Bills, Packers, Patriots games last year.

How many non-elite QBs take up a majority of their teams’s salary Cap? :russ:

Stafford
Ryan
Cousins
Dak
Jimmy G
Brees
Wentz
Goff
Big Ben
Watson

Now from this list, which one of them has a legit shot at a Super Bowl?
I'd say 2 tbh. Big Ben and Jimmy G because he just did it.

Buggsy Mogues

My spot is solidified if you ask me
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
City of Angels :blessed:

Oh this shyt finna get spicy.
:wow:

Wait a second, are these the same players who all offseason was talmbout how they finally got a good scheme to work with, how they can't wait to show all these new looks, etc.?

I'm not even trrying to defend Fat Mike or Nolan, but you have to consider the source here. Is this coming from bums like Jaylon, Daryl Worley, etc.? Cats who don't do shyt are the first to throw another dude under the bus. We got a body of evidence under two coaching staffs now that most of these dudes ain't shyt.

kevm3

follower of Jesus
Supporter
Daps
McCarthy never should been hired in the first place. Didn't Aaron Rodgers say he had a low football IQ and wasn't he being called something like 'massage mike' because he wasn't attending meetings, but was instead off getting massages somewhere? Didn't he say he was doing all of this studying and preparing and then later on said he lied? It's not surprising we look like we do. And no, that doesn't mean we should have kept Garrett. Our standards should be higher than Garrett. We're literally letting tons of talent go to waste because we need to keep around coaches that kiss up to Jerry and Stephen.

BlueHeffner

Veteran
Daps
Nah the dumbest post on this thread is by far you trying to equate a team win - loss record to the QB. Passing yards is one stat to measure a QB. It's not the only one, I've given you other reasons. Stats + tape + ability on why Dak is elite. You haven't given me one reason he's not besides...Win-loss record? You on here talking about win loss record for QB's and trying to shyt on other ppl's football acumen? Please tell us your method for evaluating a QB if stats + film + ability aren't enough?

By the way -- you ever gonna stop dodging the question about who the elite QBs are right now that are better than Dak?

As to your last question:

Well considering Jimmy G was in the Super Bowl EIGHT MONTHS AGO I'd say he probably has a legit shot to get there again. Goff was in it two years ago and his team is 4-2 so he has a decent shot too. Ryan is done now but he got to the SB in 2017 while taking up a majority of the team's cap. Steelers are 5-0 right now so Big Ben has a shot. The Saints still have a chance in the NFC too.

So uh, that's half your list. Stafford, Cousins will never play in a SB. I wouldn't rule out Wentz just because of the division. Watson, Dak obviously not this year but they definitely have the ability to lead a team to a SB in their careers.
Here you go moving goal posts :mjlol:

You said Dak was leading the league in yards so he is elite. Your words, not mine

2nd of all, ive never equated a team win/loss record to the QB. I said this TEAM was going 8-8 with Dak. He played a big part in those 8 losses. Only a homer would say otherwise. So why on earth would any fan of this team be so eager to pay him max $$ when he hasnt been a major difference maker.

As far as the QBs:

Jimmy G’s garbage ass cost his team the super bowl. He did NOTHING to get them there in the playoffs and was trash in the Super Bowl

Goff made the Super Bowl BEFORE he got paid :mjlol:

Ryan was Elite the year he made the Super Bowl. He was the MVP and first team all-pro. Two feats Dak will NEVER accomplish.

There are 3 Elite Qbs right now:

Mahomes
Rodgers
Wilson

Dak is nowhere near their level.

Im done this back and forth. A majority of people would agree that Dak isnt an elite QB. I dont even know why im wasting my time here