Dak is out, but we in the Fields of play- Dallas Cowboys 2020 season thread

Trill McClay

*Formerly known as Deeeez Nuts
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas
Not by himself. Rarely a great qb Can overcome a bad defense. There has to be balance.
Great QBs overcome bad defenses by:
Not turning over the ball multiple times in the 1st half - game management/situational awareness
Holding onto the ball taking unnecessary sacks - poor pocket awareness
[My favorite] Taking off for an easy 6-10 yds instead of checking the ball down after 2 reads to the running back or tight end for 3 yd gains or incomplete pass

Dak has done some decent things, but it's heavily outweighed by his inconsistency.

:yeshrug:

Dwight Howard

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Stephen Jones says that Dak Prescott’s injury didn’t impact his value in contract negotiations

Instead, Jones told me the team’s approach to Prescott won’t be shaken, even a little.

“Doesn’t change anything,” he said. “We’re all in on trying to get it done. Doesn’t change a thing.”

Then, I raised another tag—which would cost $37.7 million—and the point was driven home.

Like I said, nothing changes,” he said “There is zero change in his contract negotiation status, how much we want to get him signed. Nothing changes. He didn’t lose value. Nothing. It’s a continually work in progress. Obviously, it’s been a challenge for us, in that we haven’t gotten it done, especially with how bad I know he wants to be a Cowboy.

“And I know how bad we want him to be the leader of this team for the next 10, 12 years.”

:mjgrin:

dtownreppin214

l'immortale
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Shags & Leathers
Remember @dtownreppin214 and @satam55 schooling me about him 6 years ago :wow:

Probably the two best programs in the state over the last decade will be represented by the QBs tomorrow night - Allen, TX High School (Murray) and Katy, TX High School (Dalton).

ca31cd29-b466-e911-80d1-916dc20d4e31_original.jpg

920x920.jpg

rawImage.jpg

81P+LUmEfmL.jpg

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
I say Dak gets paid and Dallas will be willing to give him a 4 year deal this time. If he takes them to an NFC title or Super Bowl appearance within 3 they will try to extend him before the deal is up and not let him hit the open market.

So basically Dallas has a 3 year window before starting over again.

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
Stephen Jones says that Dak Prescott’s injury didn’t impact his value in contract negotiations

Instead, Jones told me the team’s approach to Prescott won’t be shaken, even a little.

“Doesn’t change anything,” he said. “We’re all in on trying to get it done. Doesn’t change a thing.”

Then, I raised another tag—which would cost $37.7 million—and the point was driven home.

Like I said, nothing changes,” he said “There is zero change in his contract negotiation status, how much we want to get him signed. Nothing changes. He didn’t lose value. Nothing. It’s a continually work in progress. Obviously, it’s been a challenge for us, in that we haven’t gotten it done, especially with how bad I know he wants to be a Cowboy.

“And I know how bad we want him to be the leader of this team for the next 10, 12 years.”

:mjgrin:
fukk did you think he was going to say? Y'all DakBoys stupid as fukk.