Dak is out, but we in the Fields of play- Dallas Cowboys 2020 season thread

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
nikka, they be down 2/3 scores in the FIRST QUARTER. :russ:

you act like he starts to cook with 3 minutes left in the game of a blow out.
shyt he help them be down 2/3 scores in the first quarter who we fooling? Them games are blowouts fam. Making the scores look better don't help shyt but fantasy players and the Dak boys. When we get down like that Atl game you think we winning a ton of those games get real. Dak, Dalton, Cousins, and Smith are the 4 averagteers.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
Nah fam. Me you and the rest of the Dak boys ain't going to agree. Y'all nikkas always got excuses for this nikka and I'm not here for it. We know the D ain't shyt but all these excuses when your man only seems to cook when down 2/3 scores spare me.

You dont get it.

The offense knows they pretty much have to score every ppssession becasue they know the defense will give up scores every possession.

It's why they go for it on 4th down when they dont need to. It's why they take chances. It's why the QB will hold the ball longer looking for a big play. It's why the running back fumbles fighting for extra yards instead of just going down. Its why the QB stays up and fights for an extra 2 or 3 yards instead of sliding.... then breaks his ankle.

They lose the time of possession because the defense cant get off the field. Low time off possession means fewer drives. Fewer drives means more pressure to score. A 3 and out means losing 4 or 5 minutes in time of possession at times.

QB play isnt the issue, it's a product of bigger ones. Dak shouldn't have to drop back as much, but when a defense knows you're gonna pass you become one dimensional. The offensive and defensive lines for this team stinks.

They changed the role of the defensive linemen overnight with the wrong personnel. As a result, the linebacker play has suffered. As well as the secondary.

But keep thinking it's the QB.

Last edited:

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
You dont get it.

The offense knows they pretty much have to score every ppssession becasue they know the defense will give up scores every possession.

It's why they go for it on 4th down when they dont need to. It's why they take chances. It's why the QB will hold the ball longer looking for a big play. It's why the running back fumbles fighting for extra yards instead of just going down. Its why the QB stays up and fights for an extra 2 or 3 yards instead of sliding.... then breaks his ankle.

They lose the time of possession because the defense cant get off the field. Low time off possession means fewer drives. Fewer drives means more pressure to score. A 3 and out means losing 4 or 5 minutes in time of possession at times.

QB play isnt the issue, it's a product of bigger ones. Dak shouldn't have to drop back as much, but when a defense knows you're gonna pass you become one dimensional. The offensive and defensive lines for this team stinks.

They changed the role of the defensive linemen overnight with the wrong personnel. As a result, the linebacker play has suffered. As well as the secondary.

But keep thinking it's the QB.
Look Dak fan find the post where I said its mainly Dak or some shyt like that. Stop the strawman. I'm going to keep saying the same thing and I want you Stans to get it correct. This nikka isn't the problem but he sure as heck ain't the solution either. Y'all know where I think the nikka is while y'all think the nikka some Mahommes level QB.

who_better_than_me

Time to go!!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Dak was just about to turn the season around too. He was getting Zeke involved and still get his numbers in The passing games. It’s a shame greatness got halted by the fukking giants but this only goin make him better. I seen the post he made today and he ain’t telling a story. 2021 is the year of the Dak attack.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Look Dak fan find the post where I said its mainly Dak or some shyt like that. Stop the strawman. I'm going to keep saying the same thing and I want you Stans to get it correct. This nikka isn't the problem but he sure as heck ain't the solution either. Y'all know where I think the nikka is while y'all think the nikka some Mahommes level QB.

If he ain’t the problem, he’s not supposed to be the solution :dahell: he doesn’t play defense. They scoring over 30 points a game. The defense and special teams give up 36. The only solution that Dak can do is score 37 a game. That’s not sustainable.

the giants went 8 quarters without scoring a TD before they played Dallas. But was able to move the ball and put up 27 with ease.

They can’t even create turnovers.

All I’m saying is this team has various other issues as to why they suck and it’s not the quarterback and drafting another one won’t fix the problem.

Poe was a horrible signing. You NEVER sign players who have already got their big pay day. Had Dallas night signed him, he would’ve been at home watch games on TV. He jumped at that contract as saw it as final bonus. House money. No incentive to win shyt.

until this defense gets fixed won’t matter who the QB is. The only argument you can make is they won’t even play for the guy. They loved Garrett so much and didn’t play for him. Ricard came in and helped somewhat helped the defense and they didn’t play for him. You got players in contract years and can’t even play for a pay day :dahell: shyt is disgusting

BigE214

Future GOAT
Daps
Reppin
Groveside, TX
Probably our best cornerback In the last decade.

Forget Byron Jones for a second. You do realize Terrance Newman played in Dallas within the past decade right?

He had the better career but I would put Jenkins 09 season against any of Newman's individual seasons.
I forgot what I came in here to post after reading these

Scandrick was always in the right position to get caught on his whole career. He was a great blitzer in the nickle. He is exactly like Jordan Lewis but lewis was making plays in limited action when he first started.

Terence Neman went a season and a half without giving up a TD at one point in his career with us. Anthony Henry also had 10 picks that year. nikkas talking bout some fukkin Orlando Scandrick.

And cut the shyt, Mike Jenkins couldn't hold Newman's jock strap

edit: decade :mjgrin: and it was only 6ints from AH

:snoop:

Last edited:

Primetime21

This my city
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lemongrass, cherries, alkaline water
I forgot what I came in here to post after reading these

Scandrick was always in the right position to get caught on his whole career. He was a great blitzer in the nickle. He is exactly like Jordan Lewis but lewis was making plays in limited action when he first started.

Terence Neman went a season and a half without giving up a TD at one point in his career with us. Anthony Henry also had 10 picks that year. nikkas talking bout some fukkin Orlando Scandrick.

And cut the shyt, Mike Jenkins couldn't hold Newman's jock strap
In 09 he could :sas2:

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
In 09 he could :sas2:

Everything he did in 2009 was immediately erased in 2010.

Cowboys-DB-Mike-Jenkins-Embarrassing-Season-Summed-Up-In-46-Seconds-595x317.jpg

he got his coach fired.

Primetime21

This my city
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lemongrass, cherries, alkaline water
Everything he did in 2009 was immediately erased in 2010.

Cowboys-DB-Mike-Jenkins-Embarrassing-Season-Summed-Up-In-46-Seconds-595x317.jpg

he got his coach fired.
Man please, this graphic don't mean shyt when you consider that no player has owned this franchise over the last decade like Aaron Rodgers. Garrett sabotaged Wade and got him fired, wasn't no damn Mike Jenkins :mjlol:

BigE214

Future GOAT
Daps
Reppin
Groveside, TX
Needed

Defense has been an adventure through the first five games of the season, and not in a good way. It’s gotten to the point where forcing a punt is considered a turnover, because they don’t happen all that often either. One of the big issues the defense has faced is the health of some of their key players. It looks like that unit is getting healthier by the week. After Anthony Brown returned to action in week five against the New York Giants, the Dallas Cowboys got another boost to the lineup with the return of Leighton Vander Esch to practice today.

Mike McCarthy shared with the media today that Leighton Vander Esch will be a full participant in Cowboys practice today ahead of their game Monday with the Arizona Cardinals.

Last week, it was reported that Vander Esch was ahead of his rehab schedule and began practicing in a limited capacity. Returning to team activities is a huge step in the right direction for Vander Esch and the Dallas Cowboys who need all hands on deck if they’re going to make any movement on their “worst defense in the NFL” status.

The Dallas Cowboys defense has been much maligned through the first five games of 2020. They’ve allowed the most points per game through the early parts of the season, allowing 36 points per game and 34 or more in each of the last four games. Jaylon Smith looked much better last week against the New York Giants and the Cowboys need him to play at a high level for the defense to be better moving forward, but getting Vander Esch back should help everybody.

It remains to be seen what kind of lingering effects Vander Esch will have from his injured and now healed clavicle. In a sport as physical and as violent as the NFL is, there’s certainly a chance he could reinjure his shoulder. The Cowboys 2018 first-round draft pick has been dealing with a neck issue for the last several years as well, here’s hoping a “negative times a negative equals a positive.”

The Dallas Cowboys defense needs Leighton Vander Esch to return to the level of play we saw from him during his rookie season. With as ineffective as their interior defensive line has been against the run, the linebacker group has to be a difference maker and that includes Vander Esch and Jaylon Smith. The Cowboys need their big name players to play big-time games over the next 11 games if they want to have a shot at the playoffs and more