Dak is out, but we in the Fields of play- Dallas Cowboys 2020 season thread

Primetime21

This my city
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lemongrass, cherries, alkaline water

Yea I ran the numbers on his stint in Atlanta, the overall rankings weren't consistently great but they did take the ball away. I'm not concerned with the overall ranking because "statistically" this defense has been OK the last few years but they haven't generated turnovers. 7, 9, and 10 interceptions the last 3 years :scusthov:

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
At the end of the day, it's a 5 year deal. If he doesn't get fired or resign, this may very well be Jerry Jones last or next to last hire (he will be 78 this year). So I understand why he wanted a proven NFL head coach with experience.

And the window to win a title with the core that they have is about 4 to 5 years. So the logic makes sense.

And it also goes in line with Jerry Jones hiring patterns that I stated earlier in this thread.

Ian1362

david ruffin in the flesh
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NY
MM was Nolan's OC in SF in 2005 so not surprised by that reunion.

I'm a Packers fan but think MM is a good hire for Dallas, he's definitely better than Jason Garrett.

I wouldn't worry about run splits/Zeke either, MM was the OC (and assistant coach of the year) for New Orleans when they had Ricky Williams and Deuce McAllister carrying the ball 350 times a season. Packers were also a solid running team with Lacy and in 2009 with Ryan Grant, scheme and personnel just caused him to get away from it past couple seasons.

Biggest worry would be defense/ST staff because his ST units sucked terribly and he probably wouldn't have gotten fired had he gotten rid of Dom Capers faster, too loyal to his guys.

who_better_than_me

Time to go!!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I wonder who they have in mind for special teams.

It’s a damn shame I even have an inquiring interest about that hire but this team will do that to you..:snoop: