Dak is out, but we in the Fields of play- Dallas Cowboys 2020 season thread

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
McCarthy with our 2018 defense gets us to the Championship game
Did you see the 2019 defense? Honestly I see a bunch of Cowboys fans talking themselves into this hire instead of being impressed by the hire. If I'm wrong then I'm wrong, but this feels like it's going to end the same way it has with the last 3 coaches. The fact that people call him a better Garrett is not good, and if people actually watched the Packers games with MM you'd see just how lame his offenses were. Rodgers made the most out of those terrible offensive schemes.

BigE214

Future GOAT
Daps
Reppin
Groveside, TX
Did you see the 2019 defense? Honestly I see a bunch of Cowboys fans talking themselves into this hire instead of being impressed by the hire. If I'm wrong then I'm wrong, but this feels like it's going to end the same way it has with the last 3 coaches. The fact that people call him a better Garrett is not good, and if people actually watched the Packers games with MM you'd see just how lame his offenses were. Rodgers made the most out of those terrible offensive schemes.
A lot of those GB teams didn't have a running game too and heavily relied on Rodgers.

We have a running game and plenty of weapons.

While MM and Rodgers were at odds, that doesn't take away from what he accomplished/is capable of.

And you'll likely be wrong but it does seem like the Cowboys are taking a toll on you. Ain't nothing they can do outside of winning a SB that wont get a negative post from you.

BlueHeffner

Veteran
Daps
nikka i clearly said the 2018 defense :mjtf:

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
A lot of those GB teams didn't have a running game too and heavily relied on Rodgers.

We have a running game and plenty of weapons.

While MM and Rodgers were at odds, that doesn't take away from what he accomplished/is capable of.

And you'll likely be wrong but it does seem like the Cowboys are taking a toll on you. Ain't nothing they can do outside of winning a SB that wont get a negative post from you.
I think most Cowboys fans just want to get to at least the NFCCG. If they get a legitimate DC and he actually weeds out the crap on that side of the ball then I'll be more hopeful.

Now the question I have for you is why are you always so positive with this team? Even when everyone on here predicted exactly what was going to happen this season, you still acted like they were going to do something big.
nikka i clearly said the 2018 defense :mjtf:
And I'm bringing up the more recent defense. Since we're bringing up hypothetical situations I'm simply counterbalancing your point. It's easy to say how a coach would do in a best case scenario, but what about when things aren't going great? No one on in this thread was wanting MM, but now that he's hired there's a lot of research going on to convince people that this is a great move.

Last edited:

BigE214

Future GOAT
Daps
Reppin
Groveside, TX
I think most Cowboys fans just want to get to at least the NFCCG. If they get a legitimate DC and he actually weeds out the crap on that side of the ball then I'll be more hopeful.

Now the question I have for you is why are you always so positive with this team? Even when everyone on here predicted exactly what was going to happen this season, you still acted like they were going to do something big.

And I'm bringing up the more recent defense. Since we're bringing up hypothetical situations I'm simply counterbalancing your point. It's easy to say how a coach would do in a best case scenario, but what about when things aren't going great? No one on in this thread was wanting MM, but now that he's hired there's a lot of research going on to convince people that this is a great move.

I:
-didn't think LVE was season ending
-expected Lawrence to step it up
-didn't expect Woods to get injured

but

I think we're realistically still within our window.

Couldn't predict Jaylon Smith regressing to his first year or LVE being hurt. Both players who if improved from last year, would have made this defense better.

That being said, they still have core pieces that can tool and regroup. The team has a lot of talent and I think a fresh perspective can get them over the hump.