Dak is out, but we in the Fields of play- Dallas Cowboys 2020 season thread

BlueHeffner

Veteran
Daps
Don't let the numbers fool you...the offense is way to inconsistent...

How many 3 and outs we have in that Eagles game where they just kept getting a short field to work with?
Yall not really hearing what hes saying.

The Offensive issues come down to the QB. Pass protection has been elite and we have an elite running game. The QB is way too inconsistent and thats why you see the struggles on that side of the ball...

We arent moving on from Dak so its pointless to continue to complain about the offense. It wont change much until he is gone.

Now the defense. THE DEFENSE. The entire unit is broken. Horrible scheme, horrible technique, weak in the trenches, and poor safety play. That side of the ball has been our achilles heal since the 90s. When we won those Super Bowls we had the the 5th, 2nd, and 3rd ranked defenses.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:

The Offensive issues come down to the QB. Pass protection has been elite and we have an elite running game. The QB is way too inconsistent and thats why you see the struggles on that side of the ball...

We arent moving on from Dak so its pointless to continue to complain about the offense. It wont change much until he is gone.

Now the defense. THE DEFENSE. The entire unit is broken. Horrible scheme, horrible technique, weak in the trenches, and poor safety play. That side of the ball has been our achilles heal since the 90s. When we won those Super Bowls we had the the 5th, 2nd, and 3rd ranked defenses.

Pass protection hasn't been elite.

It was inconsistent all year.

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW

I actually think Dak has taken some pretty good steps forward. I am fine paying him. We could do much worse at the qb position.

Defense should be better off the strength of peg leg being gone AND the fact we shouldn't be having to DC's going forward like we had with Rod and Richards...

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
I actually think Dak has taken some pretty good steps forward. I am fine paying him. We could do much worse at the qb position.

Defense should be better off the strength of peg leg being gone AND the fact we shouldn't be having to DC's going forward like we had with Rod and Richards...

He still has shaky mechanics which affects his accuracy. He doesn't set his feet and step into a lot of his throws. All fixable.

BlueHeffner

Veteran
Daps
The pass protect calls didn't match up with the routes the receivers were running.

Not to mention, their run blocking was also inconsistent.

This entire squad was inconsistent which is why they went 8-8.
Bro, the line was not an issue this season.

We had the 2nd best OL when it came to pass protection as well as the run blocking. We were the number 1 o-line when it came to "stuffed" runs. They were also #1 in 2nd level runs. They were #2 in power runs. The run game was below average in runs over 10 yards, but that is more Zeke's fault than it is the OL.

Team was 8-8 because of poor coaching, poor defense, and inconsistent QB play

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Bro, the line was not an issue this season.

We had the 2nd best OL when it came to pass protection as well as the run blocking. We were the number 1 o-line when it came to "stuffed" runs. They were also #1 in 2nd level runs. They were #2 in power runs. The run game was below average in runs over 10 yards, but that is more Zeke's fault than it is the OL.

Team was 8-8 because of poor coaching, poor defense, and inconsistent QB play

Man fukk the stats, I go by what my eyes told me. In the games they played against decent teams, they didn't open up holes.

And a lot of times they were forced to abandon the run because it just wasn't effective.

All I'm saying is the plays that were called and the blocking, coupled with the situation, didn't match up.

AND the main reason why the offense put up so many yards is because of the defense and special teams. The defense didn't give the offense short fields to work with because of allowing offenses to sustain drives and they didn't create turnovers. And the special teams constantly give opposing teams decent to great field position.

But when the offence got in the redzone or got within striking distance, the drives stalled and they either punted or attempted field goals.

BlueHeffner

Veteran
Daps
Man fukk the stats, I go by what my eyes told me. In the games they played against decent teams, they didn't open up holes.

And a lot of times they were forced to abandon the run because it just wasn't effective.

All I'm saying is the plays that were called and the blocking, coupled with the situation, didn't match up.

AND the main reason why the offense put up so many yards is because of the defense and special teams. The defense didn't give the offense short fields to work with because of allowing offenses to sustain drives and they didn't create turnovers. And the special teams constantly give opposing teams decent to great field position.

But when the offence got in the redzone or got within striking distance, the drives stalled and they either punted or attempted field goals.
If your eyes told you this, they are lying to you.

Go watch how the O-Line dominated Aaron Donald. Go watch how the O-Line dominated Fletcher Cox and Brandon Graham. The only game I can say they played poorly was the Saints game

Watch this video

The same can be said of the Cowboys’ entire offensive line, which Pro Football Outsiders ranks as the NFL’s best at run blocking and fourth best at pass protection. The only other team in the top five in both categories is the Raiders, who rank fourth in run blocking and second in pass protection.

Last edited:

Codeine Bryant

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW
Underwhelming hire and nothing I’ve read or heard today has swayed me the other way. I’ll need this dude to show me before I believe he’s evolved.

But I’ll stop bytching about the hire and just accept it. I mean, he can’t be worse than Garrett...

We need a GREAT offseason. Good won’t cut it. Need DBs all across the board. Badly. Need to figure out our WR situation. And Edge Rusher situation. And DT situation.

And after we pay Dak a bunch of money, he better get in the lab and put in work. Overall he was a little better this year and his footwork, accuracy, and tendency to hold onto the ball and eat sacks all trended in the right direction this year. He’s still not a $30mil or SB caliber QB yet, but he needs to take it up another level for next season.

We need a GREAT off-season with both player development and talent acquisition and I could see us going 12-4 next year. Otherwise I could see us right around 8-8/9-7 all over again

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
Underwhelming hire and nothing I’ve read or heard today has swayed me the other way. I’ll need this dude to show me before I believe he’s evolved.

But I’ll stop bytching about the hire and just accept it. I mean, he can’t be worse than Garrett...

We need a GREAT offseason. Good won’t cut it. Need DBs all across the board. Badly. Need to figure out our WR situation. And Edge Rusher situation. And DT situation.

And after we pay Dak a bunch of money, he better get in the lab and put in work. Overall he was a little better this year and his footwork, accuracy, and tendency to hold onto the ball and eat sacks all trended in the right direction this year. He’s still not a $30mil or SB caliber QB yet, but he needs to take it up another level for next season.

We need a GREAT off-season with both player development and talent acquisition and I could see us going 12-4 next year. Otherwise I could see us right around 8-8/9-7 all over again
I saw on Twitter that Mike Nolan's defenses usually rank in the top 10 when it comes to takeaways, so combine that with his love of DTs and interior pressure and they could finally have a legit defense. As for paying Dak I think they still need to give him the FT, because imo his statistically great season was a mirage. He built the bulk of his numbers off of beating bad teams and getting blown out.

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215

Hate to break it to you fam but Dak for the most part is done growing as a QB. This is year 5 and I doubt this dude will become some cat that can consistently make tight window accurate throws. He is what he is and that's not just for him but the overwhelming majority of players. Let's be real how many players can you come up with where their actual skills got dramatically better after starting 4/5yrs in the league? Not just the nfl but any professional league. It happens but that's definitely not the norm.

The rest I can agree with you on.