Dak is out, but we in the Fields of play- Dallas Cowboys 2020 season thread

who_better_than_me

Time to go!!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Brehs I know the offense has issues but it's not THE issue with this franchise. It's third behind the defense and special teams. Defense, generally speaking, is what's held this franchise back for a decade plus. It's why I didn't have an issue with Rivera. For a first year coordinator I thought Moore did a pretty good job. I put most of the offensive issues on Dak
It’s 1a with the defense. I prioritize them all on the same level. The offense is a bigger issue than y’all think. They dropped the ball in every big game we had all year. New England ,New Orleans and at philly the offense let us down more than the defense. Matter of fact in almost all our losses it was the offense that let us down more often the defense.

1. 10 pts against New Orleans

2. Down 31-10 against Green Bay in the fourth

3. Down 9-21 to the Jets before some lategarbage time scores

4. 9pts against Philly
  5. 15 pts to Chicago
  6. 9 pts to New England
This offense is a problem and not in a good way. They beat up on bottom dwellers and choke against mediocre or better competition

Last edited:

livindajetlife

Superstar
Daps
Damn I ain’t go lie redskins did their thing with coaching decision so i knew cowboys would come back big ... never cared for McCarthy good luck

Bboystyle

Bang Bang Packers gang!
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
Nah fukk all that. Garrett has had more talent on his teams than McCarthy and the best he could muster up was 2 playoff wins, no championships, and no conference championship appearances. McCarthy is leaps and bounds better and I don't give a damn what Aaron Rodgers thinks.
U gonna give a damn when it comes crunch time and you need your QB to bail u out because of an inept coach :heh:

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
Ay fukk it, I ain’t even mad.
Baiscally. I have to wait until the seaosn starts and see whats what. We all have our initial pov but since I was anyone but Garrett I can't complain too much. Now if they'd just figure out Vanilla Ice at QB ain't it this would make the offseason a success. Maybe MM convinced them he can fix Ice and maybe he can. Doubt it but I'm willing to give it a year while, still shytting on Vanilla Ice until then.

Bboystyle

Bang Bang Packers gang!
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
@FAH1223 @ThiefyPoo I'm seeing Packers fans laughing at the hire and saying Arod was the real coach of those Packers teams. Thoughts?

He was a decent coach from 2007-2011. Granted he did have two HOF QB's who criticized his play calls and audible a lot. After the chiefs exposed his offense in 2011, he became a liability. His whole plan vs teams that were playoff contenders was to use the same stale ass offense that was figured out and hope it still works. 90% of the time it didnt. The entire offense relied on broken plays and Rodgers mobility.

The very play that knocked u guys out the divisional playoffs in 2016 was a play Rodgers made and called. So unless u have a QB like that, be prepared for a bunch of punts and frustrations.

Even though Favre is showing love for MM (just to be classy im sure) even he was like "man fukk that play, we running this" a lot of times out there.

also, if u get a huge lead, be prepared for conservative play calling :francis:

VBM

┌∩┐(●_●)┌∩┐
Daps
Reppin
Dallas by way of Houston by way of San Antonio
FWIW Aikman loves MM. He said it will work if Jerry steps back.

ImpressionableRecklessIvorybilledwoodpecker-size_restricted.gif

dtownreppin214

l'immortale
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Shags & Leathers
It’s 1a with the defense. I prioritize the. All on the same level. The offense 8is a bigger issue than y’all think. They dropped the ball in every big game we had all year. Beer gland,New Orleans and at philly the offense let us down more than the defense. Matter of fact in almost all our losses it was the offense that let us down more often the defense.

1. 10 pts against New Orleans

2. Down 31-10 against Green Bay in the fourth

3. Down 9-21 to the Jets before some lategarbage time scores

4. 9pts against Philly
  5. 15 pts to Chicago
  6. 9 pts to New England
This offense is a problem and not in a good way. They beat up on bottom dwellers and choke against mediocre or better competition
We've had elite offenses over the years but still couldn't get over the hump. Defense is the #1 problem with this franchise. Anybody paying attention should know that.

Bboystyle

Bang Bang Packers gang!
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
oh yea, the only reason he won the SB was because of Rodgers and a top 3 defense.

So unless u have either or or both to cover up his flaws then :francis:

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
Brehs I know the offense has issues but it's not THE issue with this franchise. It's third behind the defense and special teams. Defense, generally speaking, is what's held this franchise back for a decade plus. It's why I didn't have an issue with Rivera. For a first year coordinator I thought Moore did a pretty good job. I put most of the offensive issues on Dak
I agree most of the offensive issues are on Vanilla Ice but the defense in games that mattered played pretty well. The only thing they didn't do is get that timely stop I'll give you that. Saints game gave up 12, NE game up like 12/13 forgot the actual score. Both Eagles games did their thing. Now the GB game I'll give you but most of,the games against better teams it might not have looked pretty because of you seeing them not get that one stop they needed and I'll give you that a lot of games they held the score down enough if the offense was as number 1 as some think they should have won more of those games.

I mix stats with actual games not just one or the other. I think that's how we can all can get mislead. I'm not saying the D is perfect or even all that good but I am saying they get a lot more blame than I think they deserve actually seeing the games esp the scores they gave up in some of,those games.

BlueHeffner

Veteran
Daps
exactly. So u took one step forward and one back...ya'll stuck in neutral
Would MM have us out there scoring 9 points in a division clinching game?

Would MM have Amari Cooper on the sideline on a 4th and 7 with the season on the line?

Serious Questions