Dak is out, but we in the Fields of play- Dallas Cowboys 2020 season thread

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
This is a ridiculous statement. What risk were they taking on the Zeke fumbles? Or the Dak fumbles when the game was 0-0? Was Schultz thinking about the defense in that split second when he fumbled? Did the defense cause Amari to lose his concentration on the goalline? C'mon man...

In every one of those situations, how may points had our defense given up ?

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
Does he? Cause we used to see Zeke running into 7-8 man boxes like it’s nothing quite consistently

Our run game was absolutely smothered in the playoff game vs Rams a couple years ago because Dak was content with just running the playcall that came through his headset the entire game.

Didn’t we go for it on 4th down like 2 or 3 times that game, come up short every single time, and every attempt was a 1yd run up the middle by Zeke that was stuffed? Specifically in the 4th quarter when it was 1 possession, we ran Zeke into a 20 man box. I need more from my $40mil man than that...

Every QB gets to the line and calls out the MIKE. That’s standard. I’m not giving Dak credit for that. It’s expected you recognize the front you’re facing and tell your linemen and RBs any slide or change in protection.

But when you see the corner come down to the edge and show blitz, is he taking advantage of his slot WR? I never see Dak flip or audible out of runs. He sent guys into motion for all of the first 3 games last season and then that disappeared, granted that’s likely a Kellen/Jason thing more than Dak. Can’t remember the last time I saw him take a step back from under center and bark out a change in play/route to his WR and subsequently throw his way after identifying a weak spot in coverage.

I just don’t see it, breh. :yeshrug:

The center is supposed to change the protections. That's why Fredrick was so valuable.

And it's not Daks fault, the coaches didn't put a TE to at least chip Garrett to slow him down.

If you want to blame Dak, blame him for putting too much trust in his line and WR's. Especially the line. It is what it is.

Before, the knock on Dak was that you couldn't get behind because he wouldn't be able to get into a shootout to bring his team back. He's passed that test.

Unfortunately the talent around him has eroded.

And for people saying he's the reason Dez fell out... WHY hasn't another team signed him? He was always a poor route runner. And he's another player that once he got paid, his numbers were never elite again.

Dak Pickscott

Shout out to Dallas my bih is a star
Daps
look at this nikka

ElliEz00_2020_fix.jpg

Codeine Bryant

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW
The center is supposed to change the protections. That's why Fredrick was so valuable.

And it's not Daks fault, the coaches didn't put a TE to at least chip Garrett to slow him down.

If you want to blame Dak, blame him for putting too much trust in his line and WR's. Especially the line. It is what it is.

Before, the knock on Dak was that you couldn't get behind because he wouldn't be able to get into a shootout to bring his team back. He's passed that test.

Unfortunately the talent around him has eroded.

And for people saying he's the reason Dez fell out... WHY hasn't another team signed him? He was always a poor route runner. And he's another player that once he got paid, his numbers were never elite again.
I’m not saying it’s ALL Dak’s fault.

OLine is garbage, Zeke is fukking up weekly, Amari mailing it in on some plays, and the coaching is still trash.

Not to mention the historically awful defense.

I just don’t think Dak gets a pass for his own poor play and growth just because of those said deficiencies.

Dak is part of the mess just like everyone else. He has his good moments and good plays just like everyone else. And he be shytting the bed just like everyone else, imo.

And Dez is definitely washed at this point. Injury, years from football, etc. But idk if he was washed in 2017. Our front office sure did a great job with the smear campaign and releasing him after FA dollars were spent by all the teams who already filled holes. Man got done dirty by our FO, don’t see how that can be argued.

Self_Born7

SUN OF MAN
Daps
Reppin
all 23 million miles of useful land
Nah life and sports is different. On that field especially in defense you got to have an unmotivated motor. That what my coach called it. Which means you don’t need no incentive to be goin all out. If you want to stay On the field, you play hard 100% of the time you’re out there and if you need a break you come off. I’m in the Ravens market and I watched those great defenses for 20 years and I guarantee this wasn’t Ray Lewis mindset and he didn’t let nobody else slack either .
soph-sr year i was a 2 way starter the d and o line. i was also the long snapper for punts and fg's my only break was during kickoffs, i gave 110%. playing offensive line and having to pull on belly plays and etc, then turn around and play d tackle... funny thing i was never tired and never missed any plays. missed half a game with 2 dislocated fingers in all 4 years

Self_Born7

SUN OF MAN
Daps
Reppin
all 23 million miles of useful land
If they draft a QB in the first round then they might as well trade, Zeke, Gallop, and anyone else they can get draft picks for. Because it would be a complete rebuild.

If you gonna blow it up like that, then go all the way. And I’m sure that’s what Gruden would’ve done with Carr had he not inherited that contract.

cant trade zeke... too much dead cap space. far as Gallop we should've signed him over Cooper... cooper showed up only 50-60 percent of the time last year... and so far I seen him quit or stop his route which resulted in int's. dont get me wrong coop is nice. but gallup is a stud... hate to see him go off on another team next year.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
I’m not saying it’s ALL Dak’s fault.

OLine is garbage, Zeke is fukking up weekly, Amari mailing it in on some plays, and the coaching is still trash.

Not to mention the historically awful defense.

I just don’t think Dak gets a pass for his own poor play and growth just because of those said deficiencies.

Dak is part of the mess just like everyone else. He has his good moments and good plays just like everyone else. And he be shytting the bed just like everyone else, imo.

And Dez is definitely washed at this point. Injury, years from football, etc. But idk if he was washed in 2017. Our front office sure did a great job with the smear campaign and releasing him after FA dollars were spent by all the teams who already filled holes. Man got done dirty by our FO, don’t see how that can be argued.

They wanted Dez to take a pay cut. He initially refused. If he was that nice, a team would've at least kicked the tires on a trade. After he was released, if he was that nice, a team would've signed him. Antonio Brown got signed. I'm just saying. The Saints eventually picked him up but it didn't work out. The Ravens brought him in and it didn't pan out. Tape don't lie. He was never good at route running. He was a jump ball expert and I give him that. But most offenses don't rely on that. That's not something you can depend on every game. He relied too much on athleticism and once that was gone, he was basically a glorified TE. But even TE's ran better routes. But at least he got paid :manny:

Codeine Bryant

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW
They wanted Dez to take a pay cut. He initially refused. If he was that nice, a team would've at least kicked the tires on a trade. After he was released, if he was that nice, a team would've signed him. Antonio Brown got signed. I'm just saying. The Saints eventually picked him up but it didn't work out. The Ravens brought him in and it didn't pan out. Tape don't lie. He was never good at route running. He was a jump ball expert and I give him that. But most offenses don't rely on that. That's not something you can depend on every game. He relied too much on athleticism and once that was gone, he was basically a glorified TE. But even TE's ran better routes. But at least he got paid :manny:
I don’t even really care to cape for Dez like that at this point. It is what it is.

Was simply illustrating the point of Romo with Dez TWill and Beasley was top 5-7 QBR. Dak with those guys and we had to bush all of them and bring in an entirely new WRs corps with the quickness.