Dak is out, but we in the Fields of play- Dallas Cowboys 2020 season thread

93 til

Superstar
Daps
You nikkas wasnt using turnovers as the excuse for us never winning shyt when Romo was QB though. Romo had his own good guys club built into the organization to deflect any criticism. Nobody was reviewing every single throw he made. Nobody was saying our receivers would have better numbers if not for him. nikkas blaming Dak and the offense for not playing perfectly in a football game in which the team that they are facing does not have to worry about resistance from our defense lol

False. :gucci:

Ever since the Seattle fumble and the vacation with Jessica Simpson, Romo literally got most of the blame for the Cowboys throughout his career when shyt wasn't even his fault.

Since you wanna bring up the defense. The 2013 team had the second worst defense of all time. Still took the team to the brink of the playoffs only to lose out on the last game of the season to Philly because Romo was out due to him breaking his back against the Skins the week before. It was impressive to even be in that situation considering how bad the defense was that year. Lot of the blame still was on Romo.

Man outplayed 2013 Peyton, dropped almost 50 and still got lions share of the blame. :skip:

Dak isn't immune to criticism.

Dwight Howard

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What other defense is supposed to overcome 9 turnovers in 4 games? We lead the league in turnovers. For some perspective, the Packers offense has zero turnovers this season.

Both sides of the football are not doing their part.
Cowboys have the #1 offense in the league and the #32 defense. I mean the defense is way more to blame. Turnovers are apart of the game. That's no excuse to give up 37 every week.

darealvelle

Real Talk
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
but they also agreed that the offense basically has to score TD’s on every possession just to have a chance to win.

What other QB in the NFL, what offense, is under pressure to score every time they have the ball?

the defense don’t even create turnovers. They can’t stop the run and they give up big plays.

no other offense is asked to do what people are criticizing the cowboys offense for not doing.

Imo not even tripping on the offense at this point after what Xavier said.

Codeine Bryant

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW
@Codeine Bryant @BlueHeffner did you guys watch the Jaylon Smith presser I posted above?

There's something off about this dude. @*DalMem* is on to something.
Nah. I’ve been actively avoiding all the interviews and podcasts and coverage of our team this week. It’s pathetic and shameful. I’d rather not hear the same babble about our dearth of talent, bland scheme, poor effort, cupcake culture, and zero accountability for the umpteenth time in the last 10-20 years. I’ll try to check it out later, though.

Jaylon Smith always been more for the cameras and his portfolio than leading us to Ws on Sunday.

This man branded and whored out his 2 year rehab and sunglasses business on a level that’s 3 tiers higher than his actual game prep and execution.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
@Ethnic Vagina Finder

For some perspective - we had 5 turnovers inside our own 30-yd line the entire 2019 season. So we've surpassed that number in 4 games.

I agree with MM, these back-breaking turnovers inside our own end are the biggest problem with this team right now. Our opponents are already in field goal position with some of these turnovers. In a league where most games are determined by one possession, you cannot keep giving the opponent multiple short fields per game.

This is football 101.

Fortunately, this can be fixed. The problems on defense are a systemic issue that probably won't be resolved until the offseason, unless Nolan gets canned and George Edwards turns out to be a defensive whisperer.

turnovers are a part of the game. This is a small sample size. That safety was caused by special teams by the way.

And if the defense simply held those turnovers to field goals they probably win.

like I said before, the offense essentially has to score a touchdown every time they have the ball which is unrealistic. The defense doesn’t cause turnovers, can’t stop the run, can’t tackle and gives up more big plays than any other defense in the NFL. Nobody can win like that no matter how good the offense is.

BlueHeffner

Veteran
Daps
False. :gucci:

Ever since the Seattle fumble and the vacation with Jessica Simpson, Romo literally got most of the blame for the Cowboys throughout his career when shyt wasn't even his fault.

Since you wanna bring up the defense. The 2013 team had the second worst defense of all time. Still took the team to the brink of the playoffs only to lose out on the last game of the season to Philly because Romo was out due to him breaking his back against the Skins the week before. It was impressive to even be in that situation considering how bad the defense was that year. Lot of the blame still was on Romo.

Man outplayed 2013 Peyton, dropped almost 50 and still got lions share of the blame. :skip:

Dak isn't immune to criticism.
Talk to em :mjgrin:

Codeine Bryant

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW
Romo made Miles Austin look All Pro, lead NFL in QB-WR touchdown connection over 3 year period when he had TO, and got Laurent Robinson paid.

Dak is why Dez fell off and and was subsequently cut.

They are not the same.

Only time Dak was in Romo’s league was when he had the outlier run with Amari in 2018 over 4-5 games in reg season. Other than that, Dak been a bus driver while Romo was actively being an OC and calling his own plays and audibles at the line to account for the flabby coaching staff.

In 5 years, I don’t think I’ve ever seen Dak change at the line and expose the defense. Not a single time...

Romo did it relentlessly, even doing it to where Dez scored 3 TDs vs the Eagles mostly off Romo audibles and hot routes.