Dak is out, but we in the Fields of play- Dallas Cowboys 2020 season thread

who_better_than_me

Time to go!!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
esp. if they're injury prone like jaylon and LVE.
As frustrating as it is, At least they have the injury excuse. Taco is a failure and issue of coaching and development.

I was already :wtb:her. I saw him producing in Miami and now it continues in KS when he couldn’t even get in the game day roster here and it’s not like we’re oozing of talent on the dline. The taco situation is the most frustrating situation of the past 4 years imo. Because we blamed him But we see it partially at least the coaches fault.

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
I’m not saying it’s ALL Dak’s fault.

OLine is garbage, Zeke is fukking up weekly, Amari mailing it in on some plays, and the coaching is still trash.

Not to mention the historically awful defense.

I just don’t think Dak gets a pass for his own poor play and growth just because of those said deficiencies.

Dak is part of the mess just like everyone else. He has his good moments and good plays just like everyone else. And he be shytting the bed just like everyone else, imo.

And Dez is definitely washed at this point. Injury, years from football, etc. But idk if he was washed in 2017. Our front office sure did a great job with the smear campaign and releasing him after FA dollars were spent by all the teams who already filled holes. Man got done dirty by our FO, don’t see how that can be argued.

Wait so you are telling me that the people blocking for Dak are bad, the running back he is handing the ball to is fukking up, the number one receiver he is throwing to isn't playing hard all the time, the coaching that is supposed to be coming up with winning gameplans is not doing that, the defense is historically bad, but that is no excuse for Dak's poor play :dwillhuh:

So your expecting dak to overcome a bad offensive line, a bad running back, a historically bad defense, and bad coaching, and...do what exactly ?

So if I let you pick any quarterback in the nfl, but i give you a bad offensive line, a running back not playing well, a number one receiver not playing hard every play, the worst defense you ever had over 4 games, and coaches that are not coming up with winning gameplans, what should I expect your record to be after 4 games ? What numbers should I expect the quarterback you pick to be putting up ?

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
What do you mean? At that point in the game? Idk you tell me.

The point I am trying to make is that even if you remove the turnovers this defense is still giving up points on 3, 4, and 5 straight possessions...

And because the defense is so trash you got Dak throwing passes like at 11:50

That is your backup tight end who wouldn't even be on the field if not for an injury...surrounded by 3 defenders, one of which is there because the receiver is running right into Schulz space :mjlol:, and the other a safety who if this was 2010 instead of 2020 would have completely decapitated Schulz...

That is a very risky pass, to a backup tight end who is a backup cause he doesn't catch the ball well, but you got to risk it...cause as you can see your defense already gave up 41...so you don't really have time

If you look you see gallup break open underneath on his route...a much safer throw...but those 8 yards gallup might get aren't doing much for you...

Thats a pick or incompletion against a competent secondary...but those are the types of throws you got to try and make when you defense is giving up around 7 yards per rushing attempt and letting jarvis landry throw touchdown passes...

Codeine Bryant

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW
Wait so you are telling me that the people blocking for Dak are bad, the running back he is handing the ball to is fukking up, the number one receiver he is throwing to isn't playing hard all the time, the coaching that is supposed to be coming up with winning gameplans is not doing that, the defense is historically bad, but that is no excuse for Dak's poor play :dwillhuh:

So your expecting dak to overcome a bad offensive line, a bad running back, a historically bad defense, and bad coaching, and...do what exactly ?

So if I let you pick any quarterback in the nfl, but i give you a bad offensive line, a running back not playing well, a number one receiver not playing hard every play, the worst defense you ever had over 4 games, and coaches that are not coming up with winning gameplans, what should I expect your record to be after 4 games ? What numbers should I expect the quarterback you pick to be putting up ?
I don’t expect him to be 4-0. I’m not placing all the blame on Dak.

Is Zeke faultless because his OL sucks?

Is Amari faultless because the coaching and play calling continue to be poor?

Is Jaylon Smith faultless because Nolan is ass and we lose the trenches every single defensive snap?

So then why does Dak have no culpability?

Like we can’t criticize or be frustrated with his footwork or decision making or accuracy or willingness to throw the ball at certain times in the game because this guy and that guy and another guy over there are bad...

I don’t get that train of thought. Like I said, this dumpster fire is no one particular person’s fault, except perhaps the front office. They all in this together. I’ve seen almost every notable player on this team play like shyt at various points of this early season so far. Dak included.

Dak’s teammates ain’t helping him. But I’ve seen moments where Dak ain’t helping his teammates himself. It is what it is. But half our fanbase feels like he’s immune to criticism and I don’t get that.

who_better_than_me

Time to go!!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Wade Phillips after Parcells jsut completely undid everything. Jerry purposely did that. Parcells was know for tough summers and practices and then we brought in camp cupcake

dtownreppin214

l'immortale
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Shags & Leathers
The point I am trying to make is that even if you remove the turnovers this defense is still giving up points on 3, 4, and 5 straight possessions...

And because the defense is so trash you got Dak throwing passes like at 11:50

That is your backup tight end who wouldn't even be on the field if not for an injury...surrounded by 3 defenders, one of which is there because the receiver is running right into Schulz space :mjlol:, and the other a safety who if this was 2010 instead of 2020 would have completely decapitated Schulz...

That is a very risky pass, to a backup tight end who is a backup cause he doesn't catch the ball well, but you got to risk it...cause as you can see your defense already gave up 41...so you don't really have time

If you look you see gallup break open underneath on his route...a much safer throw...but those 8 yards gallup might get aren't doing much for you...

Thats a pick or incompletion against a competent secondary...but those are the types of throws you got to try and make when you defense is giving up around 7 yards per rushing attempt and letting jarvis landry throw touchdown passes...

That was a good throw by Dak. You should give him credit for it. That's the type of throws we should expect a 40M qb to make a few times a game regardless of how the defense is playing. Especially with defenses loving to play cover-2 against us. I don't agree that there's a correlation with the poor performance of the defense. Turnovers need to be fixed, period. Don't bbbuutttt the defense this, they are not mutually exclusive problems. Like I said many of the turnovers came earlier in the game and from Zeke's carelessness.