Dak is out, but we in the Fields of play- Dallas Cowboys 2020 season thread

dtownreppin214

l'immortale
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Shags & Leathers
turnovers are a part of the game. This is a small sample size. That safety was caused by special teams by the way.

And if the defense simply held those turnovers to field goals they probably win.

like I said before, the offense essentially has to score a touchdown every time they have the ball which is unrealistic. The defense doesn’t cause turnovers, can’t stop the run, can’t tackle and gives up more big plays than any other defense in the NFL. Nobody can win like that no matter how good the offense is.
So you blame the special teams for the safety but won't blame the offense for the points off turnovers? Interesting...:jbhmm:

I was willing to let go of Gallup in the offseason for help on defense. I hated the Amari trade/extension, because I knew those resources were better spent on the defense. So, yeah, I know the defense is trash, been knowing it for decades. Regardless, I don't get why you're downplaying the negative effect these turnovers have had on our first four games. It's not just a few, we lead the league. It's a significant problem that needs to be fixed asap. Even with our shytty ass defense, we'd probably be 3-1, if we had just cut the turnovers down by half.

Last edited:

Codeine Bryant

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW
Dak out here with a 3rd grade command of the most basic, bland, generic Amari-Cooper-7-Yards-And-Out offense I’ve ever seen.

Bu-bu-bu-but Romo never won anything! :gucci:

Accept your current QB having yet to call his first audible while 5 years into his career brehs.

2010-2014 Joe Flacco looks like Peyton Manning compared to 16-20 Dak

I can’t with you brehs

Dak Pickscott

Shout out to Dallas my bih is a star
Daps
How many coaches got scapegoated and canned due to Romo's ineptitude? What did it say about the offense under Romo's leadership when DeMarcus Ware wins SB after getting away from Romo?

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
What other defense is supposed to overcome 9 turnovers in 4 games? We lead the league in turnovers. For some perspective, the Packers offense has zero turnovers this season.

Both sides of the football are not doing their part.

Turnovers are what happens when you know your defense is trash and you got to take risk on offense you don't normally take...

you know what the packers have that we don't? A defense that doesn't give up points 6 possessions in a row

Codeine Bryant

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW
How many coaches got scapegoated and canned due to Romo's ineptitude? What did it say about the offense under Romo's leadership when DeMarcus Ware wins SB after getting away from Romo?
lol DWare won a SB because Von, Wolfe, Talib, Chris Harris Jr, Wade Phillips and Co had an absolutely legendary defense

Noodle arm Peyton in 2015-16 was truly a shyt QB. Peyton literally tried to give the SB away by lofting INTs to Carolina players.

Ugly ass game that was won solely because of what the Denver front 7 did to Cam.

And again, I still don’t see what this has to do with Dak having a tenuous grasp of an NFL offense and still being treated like a child. Dude makes no IDs, changes, or maneuvers at the line to expose and take advantage of the defense. None.

Dak Pickscott

Daps
Y'all are clearly responding to someone that I have on ignore. :heh:

I advise y'all to do the same. :heh:
I'll give you props you at least used to consistently shyt on Romo. These other dudes got some nerve

Dwight Howard

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Defense gave up 20 points against the Rams and we lost.

Absolutely no mention of that, huh :ohhh:
I mean what's there to say about it? Offense shouldve produced more points that game :yeshrug:

But we were robbed with that PI. Regardless, the point is, the offense shouldnt have to play flawless to win. 1-2 turnovers should always be expected or atleast accounted for in the gameplan, that's no excuse for the defense to cave-in every time.

Dwight Howard

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Dak out here with a 3rd grade command of the most basic, bland, generic Amari-Cooper-7-Yards-And-Out offense I’ve ever seen.

Bu-bu-bu-but Romo never won anything! :gucci:

Accept your current QB having yet to call his first audible while 5 years into his career brehs.

2010-2014 Joe Flacco looks like Peyton Manning compared to 16-20 Dak

I can’t with you brehs
Where is this narrative that dak doesnt audibles come from? He calls audibles on a consistent basis and points out coverage.

Dak Pickscott

Daps
lol DWare won a SB because Von, Wolfe, Talib, Chris Harris Jr, Wade Phillips and Co had an absolutely legendary defense

Noodle arm Peyton in 2015-16 was truly a shyt QB. Peyton literally tried to give the SB away by lofting INTs to Carolina players.

Ugly ass game that was won solely because of what the Denver front 7 did to Cam.

And again, I still don’t see what this has to do with Dak having a tenuous grasp of an NFL offense and still being treated like a child. Dude makes no IDs, changes, or maneuvers at the line to expose and take advantage of the defense. None.
All those changes and maneuvers and full control and leeway to make mistakes with no criticisms and his gunslinging ass had Coli dudes creating user names trolling us because of his Uncle Rico off Napoleon Dynamite quarterbacking ass. He made yall believe all that posturing and gesturing meant something. In the end it did absolutely nothing for us but disappoint.

Codeine Bryant

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW
Where is this narrative that dak doesnt audibles come from? He calls audibles on a consistent basis and points out coverage.
Does he? Cause we used to see Zeke running into 7-8 man boxes like it’s nothing quite consistently

Our run game was absolutely smothered in the playoff game vs Rams a couple years ago because Dak was content with just running the playcall that came through his headset the entire game.

Didn’t we go for it on 4th down like 2 or 3 times that game, come up short every single time, and every attempt was a 1yd run up the middle by Zeke that was stuffed? Specifically in the 4th quarter when it was 1 possession, we ran Zeke into a 20 man box. I need more from my $40mil man than that...

Every QB gets to the line and calls out the MIKE. That’s standard. I’m not giving Dak credit for that. It’s expected you recognize the front you’re facing and tell your linemen and RBs any slide or change in protection.

But when you see the corner come down to the edge and show blitz, is he taking advantage of his slot WR? I never see Dak flip or audible out of runs. He sent guys into motion for all of the first 3 games last season and then that disappeared, granted that’s likely a Kellen/Jason thing more than Dak. Can’t remember the last time I saw him take a step back from under center and bark out a change in play/route to his WR and subsequently throw his way after identifying a weak spot in coverage.

I just don’t see it, breh. :yeshrug:

Dak Pickscott

Daps
Funny thing they didn't mind calling that PI cuz remember they let our defense get away with roughing the passer earlier
I mean what's there to say about it? Offense shouldve produced more points that game :yeshrug:

But we were robbed with that PI. Regardless, the point is, the offense shouldnt have to play flawless to win. 1-2 turnovers should always be expected or atleast accounted for in the gameplan, that's no excuse for the defense to cave-in every time.

dtownreppin214

l'immortale
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Shags & Leathers
Turnovers are what happens when you know your defense is trash and you got to take risk on offense you don't normally take...
This is a ridiculous statement. What risk were they taking on the Zeke fumbles? Or the Dak fumbles when the game was 0-0? Was Schultz thinking about the defense in that split second when he fumbled? Did the defense cause Amari to lose his concentration on the goalline? C'mon man...

Dak Pickscott

Daps
I'm afraid not drafting 2 figga's replacement in Clyde Edwards-Helaire is going to cost us this division :snoop: