Dak is out, but we in the Fields of play- Dallas Cowboys 2020 season thread

Dwight Howard

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Not really my point. My point was that even though KC had their version of Dak they was like fukk that let’s try to improve. It doesn’t guarantee you’ll get better but they tried to improve because they knew Smith was but so good. That is my point not that they have to get it right because they might not.
Alex smith was 33 years old at the time. Situation not really comparable.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
Just be done with it and change the thread title to “When in doubt, blame Dak”

Before it was “when in doubt, just blame Romo”

that’s the only thing people in here can hold on to. We haven’t have a championship defense since the 90’s. The fukking 90’s.

But just like the Jones family, fans in here simply stick to the script.

DaPresident

Miami Hurricanes football fan...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Miami Hurricanes,Dallas Cowboys, St. John's, DMV
One of the most poorly run franchises (at least on the player personnel side) in the league.
We've been able to cover it up because "We're the Cowboys" and we make all this money.
Our headlines are barely about (WINNING) football anymore.

I say this at least once a year, but where else do you see the owner as the GM? The one responsible for acquiring and developing talent also signs the checks and answers to no one...
philosophically, that just doesn't work. He has NO PRESSURE because he won't fire himself lol...it's laughable. Now, you can't just buy your way to a Super Bowl, it's not that easy anymore. We can't cut it.

We drafted a damn WR with our 1st pick...with ALL of the holes we absolutely NEEDED to fill on the defensive side of the ball...hell, your line is getting old and injury-prone...but you draft CeeDee...smh
AFTER you paid $100Ms for Amari Cooper and had Ced Wilson, Mike Gallup, etc...

You let DLaw and Zeke strong arm you for contracts smh...I love Zeke but DLaw has been outplayed since he signed for big money. Thank God for Aldon Smith bc we would be absolutely lost on D w/o him.
Spend first round picks on defenders only for them to be injury prone (which you knew prior to drafting them) or don't pay them. You take these "risks" with 2nd rounders that didn't work out...big headlines, but little results.
We weren't a team to take those types of risks...

The foundation of this team is rotton. It's why you see the same results year after year no matter the coach. The core of this team is terrible. All glitz and glamour but no substance. A bunch of talk, but no action.
It stems from the head on down. All this coddling up to the players, falling in "love" with them...this a business. We keep people around longer than we should instead of letting them go just before they flatten out.
Sick of it. That's why we will always be just short. In it but never really "in it." The Russell Wilsons and Aaron Rodgers of the world will continually pull it out (no :dame:) at the last second on us. We have no "culture" in Dallas

We'll see if McCarthy brings change, I've been numb to all of it. I don't know if you can even change this culture. The owner/GM will always override what he wants. Until the imprint of Jerry gets off this team, you'll see the same, a year or two of playoffs but mostly just short...

*sighs*
I'm good now lol....

who_better_than_me

Time to go!!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Texans bringing in Earl for a workout :francis:
earl wasn’t goin save this defense. Our secondary is slow: I doubt ET can even run a 4.6 at this point in his career. The secondary eats off the Front four.

Every sack yesterday was a coverage sacks, I don’t care how much you jokers love Smith. The front seven is the biggest issue for this defense

Self_Born7

SUN OF MAN
Daps
Reppin
all 23 million miles of useful land
O Line decimated by injuries. once La'el and Tyron get right we should be back rolling. Defense needs a complete over haul, no one is untouchable even tank.
one player i want signed now is Gallup... TBH he's our 1WR. I didnt wan't cooper resigned... I'd rather kept Byron Jones... he may get no int's but he can shut down his side of the field. where as qb's rarely throw his way.. I like Diggs... him and Aldon are the only bright spots in the game.

As far as yesterday im not mad we loss.. we almost pulled it off... playcalling once again is Kellen Moore, and defense with stupid penalites on 3rd down, when we could've forced a punt. not another set of downs for Russ and co. Special teams mishaps as well. Seattle didnt beat us... we beat ourselves.

darealvelle

Real Talk
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
How the fukk are we letting the Texans sign Earl Thomas???? Don't tell me Stephen Jones is worse than Bill O'Brien!?

Or secondary is ATROCIOUS! fukk! I'm pissed!

No need to get pissed Jerry dont even care. He knows you will still go out and buy a jersey, shirt, hoodie, hat etc.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
One of the most poorly run franchises (at least on the player personnel side) in the league.
We've been able to cover it up because "We're the Cowboys" and we make all this money.
Our headlines are barely about (WINNING) football anymore.

I say this at least once a year, but where else do you see the owner as the GM? The one responsible for acquiring and developing talent also signs the checks and answers to no one...
philosophically, that just doesn't work. He has NO PRESSURE because he won't fire himself lol...it's laughable. Now, you can't just buy your way to a Super Bowl, it's not that easy anymore. We can't cut it.

We drafted a damn WR with our 1st pick...with ALL of the holes we absolutely NEEDED to fill on the defensive side of the ball...hell, your line is getting old and injury-prone...but you draft CeeDee...smh
AFTER you paid $100Ms for Amari Cooper and had Ced Wilson, Mike Gallup, etc...

You let DLaw and Zeke strong arm you for contracts smh...I love Zeke but DLaw has been outplayed since he signed for big money. Thank God for Aldon Smith bc we would be absolutely lost on D w/o him.
Spend first round picks on defenders only for them to be injury prone (which you knew prior to drafting them) or don't pay them. You take these "risks" with 2nd rounders that didn't work out...big headlines, but little results.
We weren't a team to take those types of risks...

The foundation of this team is rotton. It's why you see the same results year after year no matter the coach. The core of this team is terrible. All glitz and glamour but no substance. A bunch of talk, but no action.
It stems from the head on down. All this coddling up to the players, falling in "love" with them...this a business. We keep people around longer than we should instead of letting them go just before they flatten out.
Sick of it. That's why we will always be just short. In it but never really "in it." The Russell Wilsons and Aaron Rodgers of the world will continually pull it out (no :dame:) at the last second on us. We have no "culture" in Dallas

We'll see if McCarthy brings change, I've been numb to all of it. I don't know if you can even change this culture. The owner/GM will always override what he wants. Until the imprint of Jerry gets off this team, you'll see the same, a year or two of playoffs but mostly just short...

*sighs*
I'm good now lol....

even though you got that hurricanes bs in your avatar...

Preach :lawd:

truth.com

El Bombi

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
earl wasn’t goin save this defense. Our secondary is slow: I doubt ET can even run a 4.6 at this point in his career. The secondary eats off the Front four.

Every sack yesterday was a coverage sacks, I don’t care how much you jokers love Smith. The front seven is the biggest issue for this defense

Dude was a Pro Bowl player last year. :mjlol:

dtownreppin214

l'immortale
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Shags & Leathers
O Line decimated by injuries. once La'el and Tyron get right we should be back rolling. Defense needs a complete over haul, no one is untouchable even tank.
one player i want signed now is Gallup... TBH he's our 1WR. I didnt wan't cooper resigned... I'd rather kept Byron Jones... he may get no int's but he can shut down his side of the field. where as qb's rarely throw his way.. I like Diggs... him and Aldon are the only bright spots in the game.

As far as yesterday im not mad we loss.. we almost pulled it off... playcalling once again is Kellen Moore, and defense with stupid penalites on 3rd down, when we could've forced a punt. not another set of downs for Russ and co. Special teams mishaps as well. Seattle didnt beat us... we beat ourselves.

Lael won't be back for awhile.

who_better_than_me

Time to go!!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What interesting to me is even though I don’t mind keeping Cooper, did the cowboys know they were Potentially goin wr When they resigned Cooper. Like if they had. Drafted Lamb before Coop got his extension would they still had resigned Coop.... I still did t want to resign Jones. He was more luxury than necessities. I want to put the money to the trenches