Dak is out, but we in the Fields of play- Dallas Cowboys 2020 season thread

who_better_than_me

Time to go!!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Dude was a Pro Bowl player last year. :mjlol:
He benefited from playing in a good defense. I live in Baltimore. I saw him more than any of you. His front seven was better. And his defense wasn’t on the field as much as ours.

You guys really think one person can turn Around A defense. it’s a team game. That’s one thing that’s emphasized in the Ravens organization. One team, one goal is the motto. Brandon Carr was beast for that defense you. Why wasn’t he a beast for Dallas. Here’s the kicker, it’s those guys olayed hood for the raven and the raven released/let both walk without a whim: that should tell you something. It’s a team game but y’all still want to his all your hopes on one players. It’s the reason these player here in Dallas Have bigger egos and want the pay date because they know they’re overvalued here. And you fans are part of that. Y’all value individuality over the team.
Calais Campbell fukking came to Baltimore for less money because of the culture. He had multiple better offers. Name one player that wants to come to Dallas for less money.

El Bombi

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He benefited from playing in a good defense. I live in Baltimore. I saw him more than any of you. His front seven was better. And his defense wasn’t on the field as much as ours.

You guys really think one person can turn Around A defense. it’s a team game. That’s one thing that’s emphasized in the Ravens organization. One team, one goal is the motto. Brandon Carr was beast for that defense you. Why wasn’t he a beast for Dallas. Here’s the kicker, it’s those guys olayed hood for the raven and the raven released/let both walk without a whim: that should tell you something. It’s a team game but y’all still want to his all your hopes on one players. It’s the reason these player here in Dallas Have bigger egos and want the pay date because they know they’re overvalued here. And you fans are part of that. Y’all value individuality over the team.
Calais Campbell fukking came to Baltimore for less money because of the culture. He had multiple better offers. Name one player that wants to come to Dallas for less money.

It's not about one player turning around the defense. :mindblown:

But if you fukking think Earl Thomas isn't a fukking upgrade from Darian Thompson, then I'll let you go ahead and live in that stupidity. :mindblown:

who_better_than_me

Time to go!!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's not about one player turning around the defense. :mindblown:

But if you fukking think Earl Thomas isn't a fukking upgrade from Darian Thompson, then I'll let you go ahead and live in that stupidity. :mindblown:
I don’t think he’ll have the impact on this defense that you think he does. He’s a much better player but his impact is minimized in this situation because he can’t fukking cover for 5+ seconds.
If you don’t understand the secondary feeds off the pass rush.

El Bombi

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I rather start a practice squad player because one player doesn't turn around the defense. :mindblown:

This is the stupid that is coming from Cowboys fans. :mindblown:

It's not about one player turning around the defense.

But if you can upgrade a position at a cheap cost, then you upgrade that fukking position.:mindblown:

Stop being fukking stupid. :mindblown:

BlueHeffner

Veteran
Daps
One of the most poorly run franchises (at least on the player personnel side) in the league.
We've been able to cover it up because "We're the Cowboys" and we make all this money.
Our headlines are barely about (WINNING) football anymore.

I say this at least once a year, but where else do you see the owner as the GM? The one responsible for acquiring and developing talent also signs the checks and answers to no one...
philosophically, that just doesn't work. He has NO PRESSURE because he won't fire himself lol...it's laughable. Now, you can't just buy your way to a Super Bowl, it's not that easy anymore. We can't cut it.

We drafted a damn WR with our 1st pick...with ALL of the holes we absolutely NEEDED to fill on the defensive side of the ball...hell, your line is getting old and injury-prone...but you draft CeeDee...smh
AFTER you paid $100Ms for Amari Cooper and had Ced Wilson, Mike Gallup, etc...

You let DLaw and Zeke strong arm you for contracts smh...I love Zeke but DLaw has been outplayed since he signed for big money. Thank God for Aldon Smith bc we would be absolutely lost on D w/o him.
Spend first round picks on defenders only for them to be injury prone (which you knew prior to drafting them) or don't pay them. You take these "risks" with 2nd rounders that didn't work out...big headlines, but little results.
We weren't a team to take those types of risks...

The foundation of this team is rotton. It's why you see the same results year after year no matter the coach. The core of this team is terrible. All glitz and glamour but no substance. A bunch of talk, but no action.
It stems from the head on down. All this coddling up to the players, falling in "love" with them...this a business. We keep people around longer than we should instead of letting them go just before they flatten out.
Sick of it. That's why we will always be just short. In it but never really "in it." The Russell Wilsons and Aaron Rodgers of the world will continually pull it out (no :dame:) at the last second on us. We have no "culture" in Dallas

We'll see if McCarthy brings change, I've been numb to all of it. I don't know if you can even change this culture. The owner/GM will always override what he wants. Until the imprint of Jerry gets off this team, you'll see the same, a year or two of playoffs but mostly just short...

*sighs*
I'm good now lol....
I agree with most of you said, except the bold.

Always draft the best player available. If we hadnt drafted Ceedee, Klavon Chaisson wouldve been the pick. While he does have upside, he has only played 45% of the snaps on a bad Jacksonville defense that traded away their best pass rusher. Now one can argue that just because they said they were going to make the “wrong” pick in Chaisson, they couldve chosen a different player at that spot.

He wouldve been in a rotation with Griffen, Aldon, Tank, and Ugly Baby once he returns so the return on that investment wouldve been minimal this season.

The mistake they made was letting go of Byron Jones and thinking a secondary of Brown, Chido, Lewis, Worley, and a draft pick would be adequate. All of these nikkas are ass. ALL of them. You cant expect to field a competent defense with Below average corners and an iffy pass rush. They overestimated the capabilities of the front 7 to create pressure.

The front office’s mantra is “we wont overpay in free agency” because “we want to re-sign our own” but let an all-pro corner walk from a team with no adequate replacement.

Chido sucked as a #2 corner. All a sudden he was supposed to be serviceable as a #1??

I do agree with you on letting players strong arm them for deals. Tank hasnt had a sack since week 9 of last season. WEEK 9! Big mistake paying that guy

El Bombi

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don’t think he’ll have the impact on this defense that you think he does. He’s a much better player but his impact is minimized in this situation because he can’t fukking cover for 5+ seconds.
If you don’t understand the secondary feeds off the pass rush.

Is he not an fukking upgrade from Darian Thompson? :mindblown:

I don't care about the fukking impact.

You fukking upgrade a position when the option is out there.

Y'all are the same fukker that said Aldon Smith wouldn't have an impact.

You will never know unless you bring them fukking in.

They could've easy signed Earl to a one year prove it deal.

They could've let him walk if they didn't like his performance.

El Bombi

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I agree with most of you said, except the bold.

Always draft the best player available. If we hadnt drafted Ceedee, Klavon Chaisson wouldve been the pick. While he does have upside, he has only played 45% of the snaps on a bad Jacksonville defense that traded away their best pass rusher. Now one can argue that just because they said they were going to make the “wrong” pick in Chaisson, they couldve chosen a different player at that spot.

He wouldve been in a rotation with Griffen, Aldon, Tank, and Ugly Baby once he returns so the return on that investment wouldve been minimal this season.

The mistake they made was letting go of Byron Jones and thinking a secondary of Brown, Chido, Lewis, Worley, and a draft pick would be adequate. All of these nikkas are ass. ALL of them. You cant expect to field a competent defense with Below average corners and an iffy pass rush. They overestimated the capabilities of the front 7 to create pressure.

The front office’s mantra is “we wont overpay in free agency” because “we want to re-sign our own” but let an all-pro corner walk from a team with no adequate replacement.

Chido sucked as a #2 corner. All a sudden he was supposed to be serviceable as a #1??

I do agree with you on letting players strong arm them for deals. Tank hasnt had a sack since week 9 of last season. WEEK 9! Big mistake paying that guy

Exactly

The only defensive player that made sense in that spot of the draft was Javon Kinlaw.

dtownreppin214

l'immortale
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Shags & Leathers
Get Leary in here. Keep Zack at Right Tackle (he played well there) and start Biadascz at Center.

Tyron- CW- TB- RL- ZM
CW was horrendous yesterday. He deserves to be benched, but I don't know if we have anyone better than him. Even Looney was bad. I don't think a clown should be playing a cerebral position like center. Maybe he'd be better at guard in CW's spot.

93 til

Superstar
Daps
Earl is worth a look. He's better than anybody we have in the backfield, but I think we can all agree that there's holes all over the defense.

smitty22

Is now part of Thee Alliance. Ill die for this ish
Supporter
Daps
CW was horrendous yesterday. He deserves to be benched, but I don't know if we have anyone better than him. Even Looney was bad. I don't think a clown should be playing a cerebral position like center. Maybe he'd be better at guard in CW's spot.
He’s horrendous every game