Dak is out, but we in the Fields of play- Dallas Cowboys 2020 season thread

lightskin jermaine

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
San Antonio
This is a bad question because we already know the answers. You can only get one in the draft and or sign one in FA. Technically you can trade for one but if the other team thinks the QB is worth something how often will that happen. You just want to keep Dak and that's cool too. The thing with Dak I don't think some of y'all are seeing is can we get the same or similar production with a cheaper QB? Every other position we can talk about getting a replacement folks don't need a report on how to do it but with Dak it is where is your term paper on how to do it. Hell tbh if the season stays the way its going that question won't be asked come December.
Its not a bad question. Its a good question but you don't like it because it forces you to come up with a plan to replace Dak and the only one that makes sense is the team getting a top 5 pick. You keep saying we can get the same production with a cheaper QB, examples of a QB who is doing what Dak is right now that we have a legit shot at in FA?

If there is a proven QB out there right now that can do what Dak is doing this season, is a FA after this season and is cheaper, I'd take him in a heartbeat.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
Its not a bad question. Its a good question but you don't like it because it forces you to come up with a plan to replace Dak and the only one that makes sense is the team getting a top 5 pick. You keep saying we can get the same production with a cheaper QB, examples of a QB who is doing what Dak is right now that we have a legit shot at in FA?

There are none. Fitzpatrick. Foles. Winston. Marriotta.

I remember Jerry Jones giving Weeden praises after he signed him.

Look at all of the QB's Dallas has drafted since Aikman retired.

Only 2 worth a damn in the past 20 years have been Romo and Dak. And they lucked into both.

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215

If there is a proven QB out there right now that can do what Dak is doing this season, is a FA after this season and is cheaper, I'd take him in a heartbeat.
Its a bad question because we already know the answers. No shyt the most feasible way includes getting a top pick or trading for one so again whats the point of asking a question you literally know the answer to. That's stupid to me. The next feasible thing is to sign someone in FA but most pro teams are scarred to do so. Those are the top two options so who are we fooling here?

The backup here probably can give us comparable production to what we are doing right now. The numbers don't mean shyt if we keep losing unless y'all on that Devin Booker shyt and or got duke on your fantasy team. Hell Jameis could do similar and did last year albeit with more picks so we not talking like Dak is Mahommes on the FA market right now. Hell Cam could've probably did similar to what Dak doing too. Y'all act like fam a first ballot HOF I'm saying replace. I think dude is our Alex Smith and we need better and if we can't get that I'd take a cheaper QB that can do close to what Dak is doing for way less. Any of those qb's outside of Dalton (who I'm just saying is similar in qb's talent to Dak) can't be close to Dak? If you truly think the answer is no we just disagree something crazy.

Dwight Howard

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Its a bad question because we already know the answers. No shyt the most feasible way includes getting a top pick or trading for one so again whats the point of asking a question you literally know the answer to. That's stupid to me. The next feasible thing is to sign someone in FA but most pro teams are scarred to do so. Those are the top two options so who are we fooling here?

The backup here probably can give us comparable production to what we are doing right now. The numbers don't mean shyt if we keep losing unless y'all on that Devin Booker shyt and or got duke on your fantasy team. Hell Jameis could do similar and did last year albeit with more picks so we not talking like Dak is Mahommes on the FA market right now. Hell Cam could've probably did similar to what Dak doing too. Y'all act like fam a first ballot HOF I'm saying replace. I think dude is our Alex Smith and we need better and if we can't get that I'd take a cheaper QB that can do close to what Dak is doing for way less. Any of those qb's outside of Dalton (who I'm just saying is similar in qb's talent to Dak) can't be close to Dak? If you truly think the answer is no we just disagree something crazy.
:laff:

Buggsy Mogues

My spot is solidified if you ask me
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
City of Angels :blessed:
This is a bad question because we already know the answers. You can only get one in the draft and or sign one in FA. Technically you can trade for one but if the other team thinks the QB is worth something how often will that happen. You just want to keep Dak and that's cool too. The thing with Dak I don't think some of y'all are seeing is can we get the same or similar production with a cheaper QB? Every other position we can talk about getting a replacement folks don't need a report on how to do it but with Dak it is where is your term paper on how to do it. Hell tbh if the season stays the way its going that question won't be asked come December.

I know what the different options are. What I'm asking is specifically what would you do. For anyone who thinks Dak isn't the answer what do you think the team should do about QB.

To me all of these options are higher risk than keeping Dak. But for those who think we need to move on I'm curious to see what they think is the best method to replace him

lightskin jermaine

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
San Antonio

Trading for one is not feasible. When is the last time a team traded away a top 5 QB in their prime? What's stupid is whining every week about Dak when the only solution in replacing him is slim to none at happening. Thats insane.

The backup here probably can give us comparable production to what we are doing right now.

Who, Andy Dalton? I remember y'all said that last year about Cooper Rush and he looked absolutely trash the few times he went in the game.

tenor.gif

Y'all act like fam a first ballot HOF I'm saying replace. I think dude is our Alex Smith and we need better and if we can't get that I'd take a cheaper QB that can do close to what Dak is doing for way less. Any of those qb's outside of Dalton (who I'm just saying is similar in qb's talent to Dak) can't be close to Dak? If you truly think the answer is no we just disagree something crazy

No y'all act like he's a first ballot HOF. Same shyt y'all did to Romo. If he's JAG, then why won't Jerry bench him?

he numbers don't mean shyt if wekeep losing

I agree. With a healthy o line, better production from Zeke and an average defense, we win that game.

Hell Jameis could do similar and did last year albeit with more picks so we not talking like Dak is Mahommes on the FA market right now. Hell Cam could've probably did similar to what Dak doing too.

You gotta be trolling here. Jameis fam? Really? Yea a guy who threw 30 INTs last year is really going to win us games that Dak can't...right. No one is acting like Dak is Mahommes. But he will be the #1 QB in FA and will command a hefty payday.

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
I know what the different options are. What I'm asking is specifically what would you do. For anyone who thinks Dak isn't the answer what do you think the team should do about QB.

To me all of these options are higher risk than keeping Dak. But for those who think we need to move on I'm curious to see what they think is the best method to replace him
If we stink we know what the answer is. Me I would've let Dak walk this year and brought in Jameis or Cam esp after Cam was out there sitting. If they were bad we most likely have a top pick and we go from there. If they weren't that most likely means they put up comparable stats to Dak and we can keep it going with them for awhile. I personally don't think you should pay qb's the big money unless they are truly top 5 tyoe qb's. Not just numbers but skills wise also. All these other middle tier qb's you can find close enough comps for less. Now if you're a bottom tier QB them boys just ass but Dak level I think you can find close enough for way less. Same way most teams treat other positions it feel they should treat the QB position unless they have a true talent skills and numbers wise. Rodgers, Wilson, and Mahommes are qb's that come to mind that have/had both. I feel this ways bout most qb's not just Dak but since I'm a boys fan here we are.

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
And in that case you saying you would have to trust Jerry to draft your next franchise QB. :mjcry:

Forget about the fact that a top 5 pick QB is never guaranteed to be good and probably bust more often than not. But add onto that the fact that Jerry is the one drafting them.

We got extremely lucky to end up with Dak.

If it was up the Jerry...Johnny Manziel might be our QB right now :damn::mjlol::mjcry:

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
Trading for one is not feasible. When is the last time a team traded away a top 5 QB in their prime? What's stupid is whining every week about Dak when the only solution in replacing him is slim to none at happening. Thats insane.

Who, Andy Dalton? I remember y'all said that last year about Cooper Rush and he looked absolutely trash the few times he went in the game.

tenor.gif

No y'all act like he's a first ballot HOF. Same shyt y'all did to Romo. If he's JAG, then why won't Jerry bench him?

I agree. With a healthy o line, better production from Zeke and an average defense, we win that game.

You gotta be trolling here. Jameis fam? Really? Yea a guy who threw 30 INTs last year is really going to win us games that Dak can't...right. No one is acting like Dak is Mahommes. But he will be the #1 QB in FA and will command a hefty payday.
Nah fam first we ain't going to do the twitter thing where some random said something you put it on everybody. The only time I might have said shyt about Rush was the week Dak was hurt and folks were using that as an excuse. Any other time I've never said shyt about Rush should take Daks spot so take that to someone else.

As for trading for one I literally said the same thing so whats your point on that? I also haven't whined about Dak. I keep saying the same thing that he is who he is. I just wish you dudes would be consistent. When we win its all Dak but the L are all the teams.

Fam you're posting to me if you got beef with other posters about Dak take that shyt to them. Stop adding what they said into what I've posted about dude. I'm not here to defend what they said about dude. I've always maintained duke is Kirk Cousins. I've never said he was a jag so let's talk about what I actually posted.

Why would I be trolling we are 1-2 and a fukking miracle that never happened before in a similar situation from being 0-3. Stop it fam like we are the team from last year that started 3-0 and using your same logic. Dak or anybody putting up numbers don't mean shyt if we aren't winning so yes Jameis and all them picks could put up similar numbers and have us at 1-2 for way less. Hell the shyt D might be a tick better (doubt it though). I never said Jameis could win games Dak couldn't just put similar numbers/play for cheaper. That was my point.

We just not going to agree so people on both side sight as well drop this and we just stay in our echo chambers on this issue because until the season is over ain't shyt changing barring injury which I don't want. We will see how the season plays out. Let me ask you this if we do end up with a top pick are you for keeping Dak? You know my answer.

twan83

GOAT FATHER
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas
So because we point out things on dak makes us a hater :snoop:
Nobody hates him and want him to succeed but he has flaws that by now he should of improved on with all this talk I’ll work on off-season and same shyt keeps happening
Idc how many yards you throw it don’t matter if u can’t make the critical plays and throws and reads when it’s needed most simple as that

we all know our defense ain’t shyt and zeke imo ain’t the same so everyone gets blame on the team but don’t be up in this thread acting like critical assessment people put on dak is wrong if it’s consistently happening
Be one thing with Seattle game it doesn’t happen often we be well just a bad game
The Seattle game which we all said isn’t mostly his fault but he had 2 critical TOs and they happen all the damn time especially against winning teams to the point his stats can look like empty stats

El Bombi

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
nikkas are happy with an 8-8 QB for the next 10 years.

nikkas don't even care about winning the Super Bowl anymore.

They're cool as long as they stay in the middle of the pack.

I remember when nikkas used to say what's the alternative from Romo.

Well we saw what Romo led them for over a decade and that's nowhere.

If nikkas are cool with being middle of the pack then that's cool. :manny:

Good luck fixing the holes in this roster when an average QB is taking up 20% of the cap. :mjlol: