Dak is out, but we in the Fields of play- Dallas Cowboys 2020 season thread

BlueHeffner

Veteran
Daps
I mean you posted something about game-winning drives, totally ignoring the context. Dude isnt perfect but he played well enough to win and wouldve without a screwjob from the refs.

And I dont understand the pocket watching aspect of it at this point. Like he's tagged and getting paid 35m this year. We still have cap room. We arent doing anything with it.
Whether hes making $2m, $31m, or $40m, the point is this nikka isnt good enough

I dont want this nikka on this team even if he played for free because all he is doing is delaying us getting a real difference maker in here :camby:

Dwight Howard

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So, the Cowboys should give out bad QB contracts because other dumbass teams does it. :heh:
to me it depends on the alternative and whether you believe his contract will hamper the team around him. If the alternative is Andy Dalton or drafting a QB, idk man. To me, especially in the NFC East, we are in win-now mode with our star players either in or entering their prime. Do we want to wait and hope a project qb pans out in the next few years? That seems highly risky to me. Andy Dalton? Ehh. I think thats part of Dak's entire leverage, the alternatives arent great. Now paying him 40m hurts us financially, but this team isnt spending like that anyways, and under Stephen it seems that we are going to be a team that pays for premier/flashy positions while filling out the rest of the roster with rookies and free agent vets. Is this a winning strategy? who knows. But Id rather watch us try to contend with an established qb over some rookie or retread like dalton.

Dwight Howard

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Whether hes making $2m, $31m, or $40m, the point is this nikka isnt good enough

I dont want this nikka on this team even if he played for free because all he is doing is delaying us getting a real difference maker in here :camby:
well it just sounds like you have a personal vendetta against dak, because if Ryan Tannehill and Jimmy G can go on deep playoff runs, Dak sure as hell can. He's better than both by any metric. If he can beat Russ in the playoffs, he's good enough.

El Bombi

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
to me it depends on the alternative and whether you believe his contract will hamper the team around him. If the alternative is Andy Dalton or drafting a QB, idk man. To me, especially in the NFC East, we are in win-now mode with our star players either in or entering their prime. Do we want to wait and hope a project qb pans out in the next few years? That seems highly risky to me. Andy Dalton? Ehh. I think thats part of Dak's entire leverage, the alternatives arent great. Now paying him 40m hurts us financially, but this team isnt spending like that anyways, and under Stephen it seems that we are going to be a team that pays for premier/flashy positions while filling out the rest of the roster with rookies and free agent vets. Is this a winning strategy? who knows. But Id rather watch us try to contend with an established qb over some rookie or retread like dalton.

Andy Dalton can do the same shyt Dak is doing and he's way cheaper.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
So, the Cowboys should give out bad QB contracts because other dumbass teams does it. :heh:

Then draft someone else then. fukk it. Or trade him now. It's not about money at this point. You either want him here long term or you don't. If you think he sucks then the contract shouldn't matter. If he took a 10 year deal worth 8 million a year, your perception of him wouldn't change. You'd just be bytching and complaining for the next 10 years.

And remember, Dallas is in the position now because they have a lot of bad contracts on the books. They could've traded multiple players for high round draft picks and be sitting pretty right about now.

BlueHeffner

Veteran
Daps
well it just sounds like you have a personal vendetta against dak, because if Ryan Tannehill and Jimmy G can go on deep playoff runs, Dak sure as hell can. He's better than both by any metric. If he can beat Russ in the playoffs, he's good enough.
Jimmy G and Ryan Tannehill did ABSOLUTELY nothing in those playoff games they won.

Jimmy G was the reason they lost in the SB as well. Go into the SF season thread and see if they still want him to qb their team.

He isnt good enough for THIS team/franchise. We dont have the type of defense those teams had to carry him. The Cowboys will only win a SB if we have an elite QB that can carry the team

Dwight Howard

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Jimmy G and Ryan Tannehill did ABSOLUTELY nothing in those playoff games they won.

Jimmy G was the reason they lost in the SB as well. Go into the SF season thread and see if they still want him to qb their team.

He isnt good enough for THIS team/franchise. We dont have the type of defense those teams had to carry him. The Cowboys will only win a SB if we have an elite QB that can carry the team
we'll just have to agree to disagree. If youre truly hanging our SB hopes on an elite qb youre more than likely gonna be dissapointed. Tony Romo not walking through that door. Elite qb's are rare, teams go years and years before landing a guy like that. Look at the chiefs, better yet, look at the texans if you consider deshaun elite. It sounds like youre on some boom or bust shyt the 76ers were on years ago. Thats your opinion, but as a fan Id rather just try with what he have. You can get lucky and go on runs in the nfl.

BlueHeffner

Veteran
Daps
we'll just have to agree to disagree. If youre truly hanging our SB hopes on an elite qb youre more than likely gonna be dissapointed. Tony Romo not walking through that door. Elite qb's are rare, teams go years and years before landing a guy like that. Look at the chiefs, better yet, look at the texans if you consider deshaun elite. It sounds like youre on some boom or bust shyt the 76ers were on years ago. Thats your opinion, but as a fan Id rather just try with what he have. You can get lucky and go on runs in the nfl.
If youre truly hanging your hopes on Dak friggin Prescott on leading us to a SB, god bless you.

Yall kill me with the “good qbs dont grow on trees” talking points.

Chiefs traded up for Mahomes

Deshaun fell to pick 12

Russ was drafted in the third round

Lamar was pick #32

Its not impossible to find an upgrade from Dak

I dont get how you can watch this guy for his whole career and think hes the one to lead us to
The promised land

Codeine Bryant

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW
So how long we going to give Dak a pass for then?

Cause it’s his 5th year. And let’s be reality, he’s in the same offense and scheme his entire career. Kellen’s offense is Garrett’s offense is that Detroit loser’s offense. It’s all the same comebacks and ins/outs since Dez and TWill days.

And he’s had an All Pro RB every game except when Zeke was suspended 6 games. And ain’t NOBODY trying to see Dak have to play football without an All Pro RB EVER again.

After the 3 free wins to start last season (NYG, WAS, MIA), he went 5-8. 0-1 to start here. So 5-9 in his last 14. Stacked offensive rosters every year except 2017. Same system. Dude still has zero command at the line. I see him make no reads or audibles or 4D chess moves. His footwork still makes me cringe, his pocket presence is still questionable, still has some bizarre aversion to taking off and taking free yards with his legs, and seems incapable of putting the team on his back and dragging us to a W (outside of the 2016 playoff game vs GB, valiant effort there by him).

So what are we waiting on? He’s gotta be 9 years in before we say he ain’t it?

If people can be down on Wentz and Baker and Trubisky, why is it forbidden to be down on Dak at this point?

We held New Orleans Saints with no Brees to 4 field goals and he couldn’t win us the game...

We lost to Mono Boy Darnold after he had been out weeks and his spleen was probably 1 lovetap away from being lacerated...

We lost to Mitch Trubisky’s Bears in a lowkey BLOWOUT...

Held the Rams to 20 and we only scored 3 points in the 2nd half...

What am I missing here?

Spade

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DC/Texas/Chicago
I mean you posted something about game-winning drives, totally ignoring the context. Dude isnt perfect but he played well enough to win and wouldve without a screwjob from the refs.

And I dont understand the pocket watching aspect of it at this point. Like he's tagged and getting paid 35m this year. We still have cap room. We arent doing anything with it.
Something that is very important as it pertains to us winning and losing games. Higher paid quarterbacks perform when lights are the brightest and at clutch situations among other things. Dak has been subpar going back to last season, screwjob or not on Sunday, in these situations. Which leads me to the contract situation. With his record in performance on being the quarterback of this team (27-22 since 2016), should he be paid as one of the highest QBs in the league? Or as high as Mahomes, Watson, and Wilson? Most of us would say no for a reason. It's because he's not as good as these quarterbacks.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
Andy Dalton can do the same shyt Dak is doing and he's way cheaper.

Dalton has never won a playoff games. Dalton was thrown in the bushes by the Bengals.

If Dalton was that nice, another team would've signed him to be a starter.

There's not that many elite quarterbacks in the NFL. You have Mahomes, Rogers, Wilson... and that's it. Brees and Brady are right there, but they're old. All of the other Quarterbacks are either too young or are simply stop gaps/below average at best so I don't know who you want. There have been Quarterbacks worse than Dak that actually made it to the title game.

El Bombi

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Dalton has never won a playoff games. Dalton was thrown in the bushes by the Bengals.

Breh you do know that Dalton turned down starting jobs to comeback home and be with his family during COVID 19, right? :heh:

Dak one playoff victory doesn't mean shyt. :heh:

Especially against a depleted Seahawks team. :heh:

BlueHeffner

Veteran
Daps

There's not that many elite quarterbacks in the NFL. You have Mahomes, Rogers, Wilson... and that's it. Brees and Brady are right there, but they're old. All of the other Quarterbacks are either too young or are simply stop gaps/below average at best so I don't know who you want. There have been Quarterbacks worse than Dak that actually made it to the title game.
Yall have to stop holding on to this hope.

Its obvious this team can not construct a defense to help carry this QB to the title game.

The titans held the Ravens to 12 points.

The 9ers held the Vikings to 10 points and the Packers to 20.

They do not value that side of the ball. We need an elite QB to take us where we need to go.

They were ok with giving up a first round pick for Amari but were not ok with giving up a first rounder for Minkah

They didnt want to give up the picks for Jamal

They drafted Zeke over Ramsey

They gambled on Jaylon Smith

They whiffed on Taco and selected him over TJ

Jerry hasnt spent a first round pick on a DT since Russell Maryland 30 years ago

They STILL havent found a replacement for Darren Woodson

They are relying on the offense to carry this team and Dak simply can not do it. I dont know what other evidence you fellas need

Spade

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DC/Texas/Chicago

Most of those teams that had average quarterbacks reach conference title games had great defenses. Something that we do not have now. This is his 5th year in the league. How long does one wait?