Dak is out, but we in the Fields of play- Dallas Cowboys 2020 season thread

Surreal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's the organization

Dak could be an idiot savant like Romo and we'll still lose That's my main reason why we should let him walk and not pay him. Spend money on the Oline and Dline and draft better LBs. Let McCarthy do his thing and get out the way

Broad Street Bully

Sick & Tide Sixers/Phillies/Cowboys fan smh
Daps
Reppin
Philly. Fucc a Eagle. I mean dat.
who said he had NO culpability? All im saying is dudes keep comparing him to watson and mahomes when we all know he aint that. We know his limitations. We know his individual skill isnt worth 40 mil. But that dont mean we cant objectively evaluate his play. Its like if dude doesnt have a perfect game, he's the problem. He already making game-breaking money, and the team around him is quite solid so I just dont see why its a discussion at this point. It really just is what it is.
Well that’s what he wants including that 5th year and he ain’t budging so until he starts playing like he’s worth that contract it’s gonna be foot on neck season. All that babying this nikka and whataboutism shyt is dead.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
Yall have to stop holding on to this hope.

Its obvious this team can not construct a defense to help carry this QB to the title game.

The titans held the Ravens to 12 points.

The 9ers held the Vikings to 10 points and the Packers to 20.

They do not value that side of the ball. We need an elite QB to take us where we need to go.

They were ok with giving up a first round pick for Amari but were not ok with giving up a first rounder for Minkah

They didnt want to give up the picks for Jamal

They drafted Zeke over Ramsey

They gambled on Jaylon Smith

They whiffed on Taco and selected him over TJ

Jerry hasnt spent a first round pick on a DT since Russell Maryland 30 years ago

They STILL havent found a replacement for Darren Woodson

They are relying on the offense to carry this team and Dak simply can not do it. I dont know what other evidence you fellas need

If they can't build an elite defense, what makes you think they gonna find an elite QB, which is harder. How many first round quarterbacks turned out to be busts. Mariotta and Winston are holding clipboards. Rosen got thrown in the bushes by 2 teams. Ask Cleveland. Ask the Jets. :russ:

You can tell how bad the cowboys are at drafting QB's by looking at the backups they've chosen over the years. And if Quincy Carter wasn't a weed head, there would have been no Romo era.... I mean they drafted Quincy Carter to replace Aikman... They never even found a QB to replace Aikman while he was still on the team.

Jones didn't even want Romo. :mjpls: He wanted Parcells to stick with Bledsoe.

They didn't even want Dak... And the QB's they wanted to draft... Where are they now? :mjpls:

Jerry Jones was going to draft Jonny Manziel for crying out loud :mindblown:

And you trust them to find an elite QB?

They could've drafted Lamar Jackson, the same way Kansas City drafted Mahomes, even though they had a starter.

They could've kept ROMO... They chose to keep Dak and let Romo walk.

So again I ask. Do you really trust the Jones family to find an elite QB, when they haven't done it since... since Jimmy Johnson was head coach. :dahell:

darealvelle

Real Talk
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
After reading what Jerry just said today. I came to conclusion that this team is just a bunch of front runners that talk too much shyt from the owner to the roster. And then go shyt on themselves when it is game day. Brehs we just waiting time and energy in this thread debating and arguing about this team. Same song and dance every year, even with new coach.

dtownreppin214

l'immortale
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Shags & Leathers
After reading what Jerry just said today. I came to conclusion that this team is just a bunch of front runners that talk too much shyt from the owner to the roster. And then go shyt on themselves when it is game day. Brehs we just waiting time and energy in this thread debating and arguing about this team. Same song and dance every year, even with new coach.
What specifically did he say that made you come to this conclusion?

Spade

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DC/Texas/Chicago
Well that’s what he wants including that 5th year and he ain’t budging so until he starts playing like he’s worth that contract it’s gonna be foot on neck season. All that babying this nikka and whataboutism shyt is dead.
If this team doesn't make the playoffs, Dak has to know that his chances of getting a longterm with Dallas is lessened. That's 5 years with no trip to a conference title and 1 playoff win. This must be the year for Dak or he's out of here. I struggle to believe that Dallas tags him again much less give him a longterm contract.

Self_Born7

SUN OF MAN
Daps
Reppin
all 23 million miles of useful land
Whats sad is they didnt even draft a single Linebacker this year

Knowing LVE’s career is in jeopardy and Snake Lee is made of glass.

That group is our most glaring need going forward

thats the problem with this team,,, got all stars in key positions but the depth chart is lacking talent.