Dak is out, but we in the Fields of play- Dallas Cowboys 2020 season thread

El Bombi

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The problem with Dallas is the issue they had for over a decade they can’t mask bad pass protection. The rams. Beat us because they never had to blitz yesterday. I don’t care what anybody says, Tyron Smith is On The decline. Been that way for two seasons now. Tyron isn’t the weakness though. Dak can slide the protection or point out where it needs to be. Romo was great at that doin presnap .

Dak just can't read defense, period.

El Bombi

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yo, who can we get with a 15-17 pick?

Hopefully we can luck up on Ceedee Lamb of Linebackers. :yeshrug:

Surreal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Rams played 95% Cover 2 yesterday..Took away the deep pass. Leaving crossing routes and come backs open. Dak, for the most part, made the right play....in the first half. 2nd half, he was awful as the Rams tightened up their under coverage. He did make a great pass to Gallup at the end

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
I can't listen to this Dak defense all week.

When you hold the opponent to 20 pts and you win the turnover battle, you have to win 100% of those games. Particularly when you have the weapons we have on offense.

Cowboys lost on 3rd down conversions
Cowboys lost on time of possession
Cowboys lost on field position because I do not think this defense got 1 three and out all game
Cowboys lost on penalties but we always do

So what QB in the league are you telling, the other team is going to convert more 3rd downs than you, they are going to posses the ball more than you, they are going to have better field position than you all game, and they are going to commit fewer penalties, and you still win ?

That interception means almost nothing when the other team is going up and down the field on every other possession when you didn't get an interception

How about we don't give up 5 yards per rushing attempt ?

How about we get more than one 3 and out ?

How about when we punt it actually goes more than 38 yards consistently ?

We won the turnover battle ? Congrats on those 11 drives that the rams had we had that 1 time we took the ball away from them. What did the rams do with those other 10 drives they had though ?

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
We started 3-0 last year and everybody was ready to crown us. It’s honestly too early to be making any kind of predictions

I would view these first 4 games as pre-season games...

I'm not completely sold on McCarthy but he also has to have time to implement his system and his type of players...he is just working with Jason Garrett leftovers this year...

Same thing with Nolan...needs to be able to have at least a real full off season to cycle in his type of players and his defense...