Dak is out, but we in the Fields of play- Dallas Cowboys 2020 season thread

Broad Street Bully

Sick & Tide Sixers/Phillies/Cowboys fan smh
Daps
Reppin
Philly. Fucc a Eagle. I mean dat.
Call me crazy but i think this defense can be good enough to win with

We are running a new scheme with limited offseason preparation.

They settled in, in the 2nd half and got alot of pressure on Goff

Thompson and Crawford are ass tho :unimpressed:
You’re crazy. :unimpressed:

lightskin jermaine

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
San Antonio
I'm going to try not to going to try not to panic after one game but outside of Zeke and Aldon, this team looks average as hell. Nolan's defense is giving me marinelli vibes and the decision making on offense was very Garrett-esque. How do you not take the 3 points to tie the game?!:mindblown:

Refs screwed us on that Gallup offensive PI too though:francis: Which brings me to my next point. Why didn't we take more of those deep shots throughout the game? Let your players make plays man.

I counted at least 3 whiffs from Thompson, he's ass. Anthony Brown trash. Awuzie with a miracle INT was running like a chicken with his head cut off, trash. Diggs is a rookie and yes he played good in coverage but he still got snagged on. Its the same thing we said about Carr except at least Diggs turns his head around. Hopefully it was 1st game jitters.

Lamb has to have better awareness and run that route to the sticks. Buuut at the same time, why put your rookie in that position. Why not have Gallup run that route?

Dak had a good game but he didn't tap into that elite level we need from him to win close game like this. I just don't see a realistic way of replacing him unless we trade for a young star by giving away future 1sts or tanking for a top 5 pick. We stuck with him and hopefully the Jones' do not cave and pay him $40M.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
The problem with this defense is how they value positions.

They will over pay for defensive linemen (home grown), and short change linebacker and safety.

I say short change because the top linebackers they have used high draft picks on were "bargin value" picks based on potential. This Includes LVE. Lee and Smith dropped due to injuries. Neither should've been drafted and their production can be easily replaced. Not worth what they spent on them.

Roy L. Williams was the last time they used a high draft pick and paid top dollar for a safety. Since then, it's been bargin basement bullshyt.

They've actually gone cheap when it comes to the secondary as well. They've spent loads of draft picks on corners, but don't know how to develop them, and when they finally develop one decent enough, they don't want to pay them.

Then there are the "splash" picks.

2016 draft, they could've drafted Jalen Ramsey, but instead chose Zeke.

When deciding on the top RB vs. Top CB..... you take the CB :mindblown:

Derrick Henry was available in the 2nd round :dahell:

Instead they chose Smith, who wasn't even going to play that year. A wasted draft picks.

Then lets talk about how they don't know how to replenish their roster via trades. Tyron Smith should've been traded 2 years ago. The Jets were willing to trade for him straight up. :mindblown:

Great teams know when to trade players before they lose value. The cowboys protocol

A. Allow their contract to expire and overpay for them to stay or let them leave with only bullshyt compensatory picks to show for them
B. Ask them to take a pay cut, and when they don't they cut them as no team is dumb enough to trade for them

And they never have all positions stocked with talent.

When they had a franchise QB, and decent skill positions, their offensive line sucked
They fix the offensive line, but they defense was average to below average
They improve the defense somewhat, and still have decent offensive pieces, but now the offensive line is starting to fade.

I fear Zeke, will never see he holes he saw in 2016 for his remaining years as a Cowboy.

This will probably be his career long run

Players still don't value film study. The coaches can only do but so much. They can teach in film sessions, but the greats study film on their OWN.

They could've traded Anthony Spencer, Jay Ratliff, Demarcus Ware, and DeMarcus Lawrence for high draft picks and ended up cutting 2, not resigning 1 and overpaying for the other one.

Last edited:

who_better_than_me

Time to go!!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Poe looked nonexistent out there. I’ll give him more time but I did t like what I saw from him out there which was nothin

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
How bad is the front office in Dallas...

Jaden Smith was picked BEFORE Yannick Ngakoue. Ngakoue has had a better pro career than both Smith and Lawrence.

The Jaguars were smart enough to not sign him to a long term deal and got a 2nd round pick via trade.

The cowboys gave Smith a 5 year 64 million dollar deal and Lawrence a 5 year 105 million dollar deal. When they didn't need too.

If Dallas was patient, they could've traded for Ngakoue this year and had Aldon Smith as the other DE.

In instead of Zeke at RB, they could've had Ramsey and Byron Jones in the secondary.

They also could've had TJ Watt. Intead they chose Taco Charlton.

Instead of taking George Kittle, they decided to keep thinking Witten can could play for 20 more years and picked Ryan Switzer instead :snoop:

For all the talk about Dallas being good at drafting talent, it's overstated.

dtownreppin214

l'immortale
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Shags & Leathers
I never liked the Mike Nolan hire. I was hoping they would make Marvin Lewis the D coordinator.
I was initially pleased since I prefer the 3-4 until I looked at his time in Atlanta. We might have hired another has-been. It would not shock me considering our last 3 defensive coordinators.

Rob Ryan
Monte Kiffin
Rod Marinelli
Mike Nolan

Jerry and company are completely lost on how to build a defense.

Also, I thought we were running a hybrid. I don't think our personnel is ready for full-time 3-4. Many on the dline are still a better fit for a 4-3.

Looney and Zack both went flying. Donald must be doing Larry Allen #'s on the bench press.

This man played possessed. Meanwhile D-Law = M.I.A.

I'm telling y'all right now I'm going to be on D-Law's neck this season. I'm sick of the overpromissing and underproducing from him.

who_better_than_me

Time to go!!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm going to try not to going to try not to panic after one game but outside of Zeke and Aldon, this team looks average as hell. Nolan's defense is giving me marinelli vibes and the decision making on offense was very Garrett-esque. How do you not take the 3 points to tie the game?!:mindblown:

Refs screwed us on that Gallup offensive PI too though:francis: Which brings me to my next point. Why didn't we take more of those deep shots throughout the game? Let your players make plays man.

I counted at least 3 whiffs from Thompson, he's ass. Anthony Brown trash. Awuzie with a miracle INT was running like a chicken with his head cut off, trash. Diggs is a rookie and yes he played good in coverage but he still got snagged on. Its the same thing we said about Carr except at least Diggs turns his head around. Hopefully it was 1st game jitters.

Lamb has to have better awareness and run that route to the sticks. Buuut at the same time, why put your rookie in that position. Why not have Gallup run that route?

Dak had a good game but he didn't tap into that elite level we need from him to win close game like this. I just don't see a realistic way of replacing him unless we trade for a young star by giving away future 1sts or tanking for a top 5 pick. We stuck with him and hopefully the Jones' do not cave and pay him $40M.
  • cd lamb looked good, especially at the return duties
  • That young cornerback We drafted looked promising
  • Gallup is still progressing and will only get better. That boy going be a best. Remind me of Miles with the powerful hip to break tackles.
  • Trystem Hill Looked better than last year.

dtownreppin214

l'immortale
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Shags & Leathers

Jaden Smith was picked BEFORE Yannick Ngakoue. Ngakoue has had a better pro career than both Smith and Lawrence.

The Jaguars were smart enough to not sign him to a long term deal and got a 2nd round pick via trade.

The cowboys gave Smith a 5 year 64 million dollar deal and Lawrence a 5 year 105 million dollar deal. When they didn't need too.

If Dallas was patient, they could've traded for Ngakoue this year and had Aldon Smith as the other DE.

In instead of Zeke at RB, they could've had Ramsey and Byron Jones in the secondary.

Instead of taking George Kittle, they decided to keep thinking Witten can could play for 20 more years and picked Ryan Switzer instead :snoop:

I've been trying to call this out for a couple of years now on CZ. The defensive drafting specifically is very suspect.

who_better_than_me

Time to go!!
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Ramsey is overrated. After that shyt he pulled on us last night, don’t ever Big him up In This thread. Zeke has made a bigger impact on this team than Ramsey couldve. Ramsey wouldn’t be shyt without that pass rush the rams and jaguars give him. He ain’t getting that type of push here I Dallas so he wouldnt be as good