Dak is out, but we in the Fields of play- Dallas Cowboys 2020 season thread

darealvelle

Real Talk
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
All of this is true BUT I will say

I don't think the gameplan was ever "keep it close and go for broke at the end." I honestly think McCarthy expected to roll into LA and run Zeke for 125, throw some bombs to CeeDee and Amari, and have Goff running for his life all night.

So when that didn't happen it fukked up his script. Nothing we did last night surprised the Rams. Nothing made them scramble to make adjustments and abandon their game plan. Its the same old same old "my player is better than yours so we don't need to outsmart you" Cowboys football.

So when the game got close and Dak needed his coaching staff to go in the bag and help him out they didn't because that's not in McCarthy's script.

Every successful QB either has a coaching staff behind them that schemes and catches the other team off guard OR has the freedom to do it themselves.

Mahomes has Reid.
Brady had Beli.
Brees has Payton.
Wilson does it himself.
ARod does it himself.
Lamar has Roman AND can do it himself
Etc.

But if you look at guys like Deshaun Watson with all the natural talent in the world...when your coaching staff is ass it puts a cap on what you can do

Dak has NEVER had that, and he's not a good enough improviser to make up for mediocre coaching.

Took the words out my mouth. No need for me to add anything else.

darealvelle

Real Talk
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
It's frustrating to see this team so loaded with talent offensively stuggle at the helms of Dak.

I ain't gonna be too hard on them cause Donald is a beast and they're working with limited preparation.

Atlanta

And the audacity to talk about Chido when last year that ball wouldn't have been caught and nikkas would be complaining Chido didn't catch a pick lol

The coach needs to help Dak like how Mcvay helps Goff. Dak is not able to win on his own like that and that is not a knock to Dak. Got to scheme for him.

Last edited:

who_better_than_me

Time to go!!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The coach needs to help Dak like how Mcvay helps Goff. Dak is not able to wins on his own like that and that is not a knock to Dak. Got to scheme for him.
Man fukk that. If Dak getting breastfed like Geoff, I’d be disgusted to see him get paid 40 million. There’s not a QB in the league I have less respect than Goff. It’s bush league that McVay stand behind the defense(notices he’s never parallel to the trenches or behind the huddle in the sideline but always behind the defense so he can feed Goff information about the coverage. Giff ain’t no real quarterbacks I respect Tebow or Bortles as a QBs more than I do Goff. Go on Ram forum and see what they think about his extension. You might think our fans we is hard on Dak but they have absolutely No respect for Geoff.

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
Before the game, if I told you the Rams would score 20 pts, Goff throws for 0 tds, and we win the turnover battle...you and everyone in here would have taken it and expected the win.

Between the 20's the defense was trash as usual but it was still a one-possession game throughout the 2nd half...here's what our offense produced in the 2H...

PUNT
PUNT
FIELD GOAL
DOWNS
PUNT
DOWNS

3 pts in the 2nd half when the TOP was fairly equal btw both teams. You really trying to give the offense a pass for this? This was a winnable game, Dak had the entire 2nd half to put us in the lead yet he failed over and over again.

I'm not giving them a pass. The offensive made several mistakes. We were killing them with crossing routes and then just stopped. Once again we ran it on first down so much that every time we got one the rams just trot out their best run defense and we do nothing to switch it up. Ceedee is a rookie but dude been playing football long enough in his life to know not to run a two yard route when you need 3 yards. Once again we got to cute at the 1 yard line and tried a run out of shotgun. Schulz dropped a critical pass. But when you loose on 3rd down, TOP, and field position, it is highly likely you are going to lose the game regardless of what else happens. I think the number one reason we lost this game is because we couldn't get off the field on 3rd down. Being trash between the 20's is critical because that is what dictates the field position. This is the reason why it seems like all our drives start from the 15 yard line and the other team drives starts from the 30.

If I am listing the top 10 reasons we lost 1 - 5 are on the defensive side of the ball

who_better_than_me

Time to go!!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Not for me. I don't really care if this teams wins or loses anymore. Other than this thread the cowboys don't even come up in my day to day life anymore.

They are an average team. Nothing more nothing less. No use in worrying about it.
Yeah how you feel about them spurs then....:mjlol: you must not care about sports at all this year

:whoa:Just fukking with you. Please no rockets jokes

HollywoodP

#LongLive24 #TMC America's Team, Lakeshow, & ASU
Daps
Reppin
The Valley Of The Sun 602🌵480🌵623🌵520
tryin not to get too high or too low on any of these first 3-4 games. No preseason...opening game jitters...new head coach...3 serious injuries not to mention McCoy. LVE is a huge blow but we're used to it. Had really high hopes for Jarwin now that Witts gone but, thats over. Cam Erving is another body in a position we're in need of most. All that aside we still coulda beat one of the best teams in the league. I aint gon get mad about the PI. It was arguable. But running it on 3rd and 6 then not goin for the field goal was some Garrett level playcalling by Mike Mccarthy. That cost us the game more than anything. The defense in the first half was ass cheeks. Like @BlueHeffner said...Thompson is a straight bum, cant tackle for shyt. We did better after half time. Unfortunately our offense looked stagnant in the 2nd half. Definitely reminded me of some games last year. Earl wouldn't have done much for us yesterday...though I still want him. Clowney may have been able to help us though. Certainly if Collins was playing Dak would have more time to throw. There were some bright spots tho. Zeke looks like a monster. Aldons really gonna help us. All 3 of the main receiver core was balanced and successful. Thats about it.

Last edited:

Reggie

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Virginia
Connor Williams looked stronger last night. He been in the weight rooms wasn’t being pushed around constantly. Some of Zekes best runs came in between. Him and smith
Well hopefully he develops into the player i believe he has the potential to be. We still need to draft Tyron's replacement by next draft and we will probably need another center too.

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
Yeah how you feel about them spurs then....:mjlol: you must not care about sports at all this year

:whoa:Just fukking with you. Please no rockets jokes

I watched the Spurs win 5 chips...I can wait awhile for them to retool...

You got it hard being a cowboys fan and a rockets fan :mjcry:

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
This is a classic example of these sports analysts being a jack of all sports, and a master of none.

Starting RT on IR, all pro center retires and a undrafted rookie started last night and this cac still talking that Dallas has a top 3 offensive line bullshyt :mindblown:

If you’re gonna shyt ok Dak, you don’t need to prop up other positions on the team to do that :snoop:

darealvelle

Real Talk
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Man fukk that. If Dak getting breastfed like Geoff, I’d be disgusted to see him get paid 40 million. There’s not a QB in the league I have less respect than Goff. It’s bush league that McVay stand behind the defense(notices he’s never parallel to the trenches or behind the huddle in the sideline but always behind the defense so he can feed Goff information about the coverage. Giff ain’t no real quarterbacks I respect Tebow or Bortles as a QBs more than I do Goff. Go on Ram forum and see what they think about his extension. You might think our fans we is hard on Dak but they have absolutely No respect for Geoff.

I am talking about winning in general not about Dak getting paid breh. As of now Dak is the teams starting quarterback and McCarthy needs to do whatever he needs to do to help Dak or the team in general to succeed.