Dak is out, but we in the Fields of play- Dallas Cowboys 2020 season thread

dtownreppin214

l'immortale
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Shags & Leathers
Does anybody have any faith that one of our safeties wouldve made the play on the 4th down pass to Ceedee? :unimpressed:
I swear on everything, I had the exact same thought last night. Nobody would have made the play, our safeties would have been chasing the receiver or taken the wrong angle and given up the first down.

smitty22

Is now part of Thee Alliance. Ill die for this ish
Supporter
Daps
Its so frustrating being a fan of this team

Our execution is just horrible at times and we dont have any “clutch” players

Does anybody have any faith that one of our safeties wouldve made the play on the 4th down pass to Ceedee? :unimpressed:
Safety was a 6th round pick too, albeit from Ohio St, but a 6th round rookie making plays :unimpressed:

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
And another thing..... :mjpls:

This team doesn't have an offensive identity other than getting Zeke his touches. That's it.

There is no strategy at all. Dak got hot at the end of the 2nd quarter and instead of going with that to start the 2nd half, they killed their rhythm by getting zeke his touches. shyt is dumb.

There was a play when Dak through on 1st and 10 for a first down. Instead of calling another pass play, they ran for minimum yardage. The rams KNEW they would pass next stopped them making it 3rd and long. The end result was a 3 and out.

They had the momentum going into halftime with the ball to start the second half and just gave it right back to the Rams. That's when I knew the game was over.

And going for it on 4th down was the right call. McCarthy wanted to see what he was working with and he found out real quick.

This teams redzone offense is also ass. a shytty ass. Every time they make it to the redzone, its almost a given they won't score a TD.

dtownreppin214

l'immortale
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Shags & Leathers
And another thing..... :mjpls:

This team doesn't have an offensive identity other than getting Zeke his touches. That's it.

There is no strategy at all. Dak got hot at the end of the 2nd quarter and instead of going with that to start the 2nd half, they killed their rhythm by getting zeke his touches. shyt is dumb.

There was a play when Dak through on 1st and 10 for a first down. Instead of calling another pass play, they ran for minimum yardage. The rams KNEW they would pass next stopped them making it 3rd and long. The end result was a 3 and out.

They had the momentum going into halftime with the ball to start the second half and just gave it right back to the Rams. That's when I knew the game was over.

And going for it on 4th down was the right call. McCarthy wanted to see what he was working with and he found out real quick.

This teams redzone offense is also ass. a shytty ass. Every time they make it to the redzone, its almost a given they won't score a TD.
The beginning of the 2nd half is where I was expecting them to go down the field, score a TD and open up a healthy lead. Instead, they stalled near midfield just like Jason Garrett teams. At this point, it's the quarterback. Against good to great teams this quarterback and offense will always look sluggish.

At the end of the day, this quarterback had the entire 2nd half to grab the game by the scruff of the neck and win the game. He didn't. Babe mentioned on the broadcast, 32 quarterbacks had a 4th quarter comeback last season, Dak wasn't one of them. This inability to bring us back in games isn't a blip, it's a trend.

Surreal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You build a team in the OLine and DLine

OLine has declined. DTs are non-existent
The loss of McCoy really hurt us. ET probably wouldn't have made a dent yesterday cause of the poorish DLine

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Ramsey is overrated. After that shyt he pulled on us last night, don’t ever Big him up In This thread. Zeke has made a bigger impact on this team than Ramsey couldve. Ramsey wouldn’t be shyt without that pass rush the rams and jaguars give him. He ain’t getting that type of push here I Dallas so he wouldnt be as good

But we do agree, Dallas sucks when it comes to picking Corner Backs.

They picked Claiborne over Gilmore
Instead of using their 2 first round draft picks to move up and take either Talib or DRC, they picked a back up running back who stayed hurt and Mike Jenkins

I mean that 2008 draft was loaded at corner and running back. They picked Felix Jones over Jamaal Charles, Ray Ricke, Matt Forte. They could've had Brandon Flowers as well.

Not only didn't they get the top 2 corners, they didn't even get the best back and remaining corner in that draft :dahell: And this was coming off at 13-3 season :mindblown:

I mean Shaquill Griffin is better than Chido, but Dallas decided he wasn't and didn't pick him.

Dallas has wasted a lot of high value picks and aren't very good at drafting in the later rounds. And it's because they don't have an identity on offense or defense.

Maybe its the culture of playing in Dallas. The sense of entitlement. How many players have held out and either forced Jerry Jones to overpay them or leave Dallas hanging with nothing to show.
https://www.pff.com/nfl/players/shaquill-griffin/11845

dtownreppin214

l'immortale
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Shags & Leathers
You build a team in the OLine and DLine

OLine has declined. DTs are non-existent
The loss of McCoy really hurt us. ET probably wouldn't have made a dent yesterday cause of the poorish DLine
Dline is hurt by the fact that Hill and Charlton were busts. We're chasing old heads to cover up for these mistakes.

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
This

He never flush himself out the pocket.

Even Romo knew to get out of the pocket.

Dude acting like he's Troy Aikman. :why:

And he going to continue to not do it cause he don't have a long term contract yet :mjlol:

You think Dak is about to be scrambling out of the pocket and risk a big hit while he on a one year deal :mjlol:

who_better_than_me

Time to go!!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
But we do agree, Dallas sucks when it comes to picking Corner Backs.

They picked Claiborne over Gilmore
Instead of using their 2 first round draft picks to move up and take either Talib or DRC, they picked a back up running back who stayed hurt and Mike Jenkins

I mean that 2008 draft was loaded at corner and running back. They picked Felix Jones over Jamaal Charles, Ray Ricke, Matt Forte. They could've had Brandon Flowers as well.

Not only didn't they get the top 2 corners, they didn't even get the best back and remaining corner in that draft :dahell: And this was coming off at 13-3 season :mindblown:

I mean Shaquill Griffin is better than Chido, but Dallas decided he wasn't and didn't pick him.

Dallas has wasted a lot of high value picks and aren't very good at drafting in the later rounds. And it's because they don't have an identity on offense or defense.

Maybe its the culture of playing in Dallas. The sense of entitlement. How many players have held out and either forced Jerry Jones to overpay them or leave Dallas hanging with nothing to show.
I think they do worst drafting dlinemen than cornerbacks but that’s jsut my opinion. We drafted starters in the secondary. It’s starts with the dline. Or pass rush. No corner is goin to succeed when the QB has all day to scan and pick you apart. Claiborne and Carr both left and became better. You know why, because the teams they went too had a pass rush.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
The beginning of the 2nd half is where I was expecting them to go down the field, score a TD and open up a healthy lead. Instead, they stalled near midfield just like Jason Garrett teams. At this point, it's the quarterback. Against good to great teams this quarterback and offense will always look sluggish.

At the end of the day, this quarterback had the entire 2nd half to grab the game by the scruff of the neck and win the game. He didn't. Babe mentioned on the broadcast, 32 quarterbacks had a 4th quarter comeback last season, Dak wasn't one of them. This inability to bring us back in games isn't a blip, it's a trend.

But the same thing happened when Romo was there. They would have a lead and the momentum, but would have drives stall out or turnovers that kept the game close.

Dallas as an organization has built a culture of front runners. It's deeper than Dak. It's deeper than the coaches. The Jones family simply don't know how to build a culture of winning. Cee Dee Lamb, was a dumb pick. Why? because WR wasn't an issue and his position could have easily been replaced via free agency. They basically used a 1st round draft pick to replace Randall Cobb :dahell: RANDALL COBB!

DeMarcus Lawrence was ready to sit out a season to get paid, and hasn't done jack shyt since. And it's like he don't even care.

Chido is in a contract year and can't even muster enough will power to ball out for ONE season. At least Byron Jones was smart enough to leverage in play on the field into top dollar from whoever was willing to pay.

Dak has limitations, but so do a lot of other QB's in the NFL. Lamar Jackson has limitations, but the Ravens know how to build a team, and they put pieces around him to maximize his strengths.

The misconception with Dak, is people think he's a running QB. But they don't try to take advantage of that. He wants to sit in the pocket and throw the ball down the field, but the route tree doesn't allow it. plays take to long to develop, and it's hard to get into a rhythm.

But they haven't even drafted a replacement :mindblown: so at this point, I don't know what this team wants to do going forward. They are all over the place.

Surreal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Which means we're not a legitimate team. Dak can't bring us back and always having to come back. Watching NE yesterday, they only scored 21 pts but they were never in trouble of losing. We're just flash man.
Only hope is McCarthy creates his own regime. Overpaid Tank, Jaylon, Amari. Hopefully we don't pay Dak and start anew

who_better_than_me

Time to go!!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The problem with Dallas is the issue they had for over a decade they can’t mask bad pass protection. The rams. Beat us because they never had to blitz yesterday. I don’t care what anybody says, Tyron Smith is On The decline. Been that way for two seasons now. Tyron isn’t the weakness though. Dak can’t slide the protection or point out where it needs to be. Romo was great at that doin presnap .