Dak is out, but we in the Fields of play- Dallas Cowboys 2020 season thread

BlueHeffner

Veteran
Daps
Lets keep it real

Should we really have expected to see a completely different team after one limited offseason and basically the same personnel? :pachaha:

Its the same overrated “stars” on this team leading us and the same playbook on offense

Nothing will change until we change the QB and upgrade this front 7

dtownreppin214

l'immortale
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Shags & Leathers
Cowboys lost on 3rd down conversions
Cowboys lost on time of possession
Cowboys lost on field position because I do not think this defense got 1 three and out all game
Cowboys lost on penalties but we always do

So what QB in the league are you telling, the other team is going to convert more 3rd downs than you, they are going to posses the ball more than you, they are going to have better field position than you all game, and they are going to commit fewer penalties, and you still win ?

That interception means almost nothing when the other team is going up and down the field on every other possession when you didn't get an interception

How about we don't give up 5 yards per rushing attempt ?

How about we get more than one 3 and out ?

How about when we punt it actually goes more than 38 yards consistently ?

We won the turnover battle ? Congrats on those 11 drives that the rams had we had that 1 time we took the ball away from them. What did the rams do with those other 10 drives they had though ?
Before the game, if I told you the Rams would score 20 pts, Goff throws for 0 tds, and we win the turnover battle...you and everyone in here would have taken it and expected the win.

Between the 20's the defense was trash as usual but it was still a one-possession game throughout the 2nd half...here's what our offense produced in the 2H...

PUNT
PUNT
FIELD GOAL
DOWNS
PUNT
DOWNS

3 pts in the 2nd half when the TOP was fairly equal btw both teams. You really trying to give the offense a pass for this? This was a winnable game, Dak had the entire 2nd half to put us in the lead yet he failed over and over again.

Last edited:

El Coupeacabra

Diamond Teeth Samurai
Daps
Reppin
214/254/512/210/281
Outside of the dumb ass 4th and 3 (and actually, even the actual play they called was lame) the play calling was WAY too conservative

We should have known the Rams were going to walk all over this defense and we came out trying to play ball control

We don't have the personnel on defense to "impose our will" on other teams. We can't afford to methodically march down the field 6 yards at a time because 1. Our starting field position is garbage on every drive but 2. The defense can't consistently get stops, so every time we punt is basically digging a hole that the offense has to crawl out of.

People are going to blast me for saying this, but McCarthy should have been all in on last year's Kansas City film and even his own Packers team's film

When your defense is shaky you have to come out gunning and either take the lead or bury the other team deep in their own territory and force them to throw to keep up with you. They let the Rams execute their gameplan and basically said "yeah do whatever we don't care we're more talented and can win anyway"

Which honestly is TRUE and they almost did, but there's no way an NFL coach should have that mentality

dtownreppin214

l'immortale
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Shags & Leathers

Straight Facts

I'm glad Bucky isn't spewing the company line. Voch's postgame last night was sickening. Homer after homer calling in about how great Dak was. He was good in the 1H, then the Rams settled in, made some adjustments, and had Dak looking tight the entire 2H.

Let me clear, he was not atrocious last night but, you know if this dude wasn't asking for 40M/yr, I would not be this hard on him.

Reggie

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Virginia
The fact that we seemed to have missed out on the Connor Williams and Connor Mcgovern pick hasn't helped either since i think we drafted both to potentially be starters down the line. And while Williams started last night thus far he has been mediocre or hurt most of the time he has been in Dallas.

El Coupeacabra

Diamond Teeth Samurai
Daps
Reppin
214/254/512/210/281
3 pts in the 2nd half when the TOP was fairly equal btw both teams. You really trying to give the offense a pass for this? This was a winnable game, Dak had the entire 2nd half to put us in the lead yet he failed over and over again.
All of this is true BUT I will say

I don't think the gameplan was ever "keep it close and go for broke at the end." I honestly think McCarthy expected to roll into LA and run Zeke for 125, throw some bombs to CeeDee and Amari, and have Goff running for his life all night.

So when that didn't happen it fukked up his script. Nothing we did last night surprised the Rams. Nothing made them scramble to make adjustments and abandon their game plan. Its the same old same old "my player is better than yours so we don't need to outsmart you" Cowboys football.

So when the game got close and Dak needed his coaching staff to go in the bag and help him out they didn't because that's not in McCarthy's script.

Every successful QB either has a coaching staff behind them that schemes and catches the other team off guard OR has the freedom to do it themselves.

Mahomes has Reid.
Brady had Beli.
Brees has Payton.
Wilson does it himself.
ARod does it himself.
Lamar has Roman AND can do it himself
Etc.

But if you look at guys like Deshaun Watson with all the natural talent in the world...when your coaching staff is ass it puts a cap on what you can do

Dak has NEVER had that, and he's not a good enough improviser to make up for mediocre coaching.

BigE214

Future GOAT
Daps
Reppin
Groveside, TX
It's frustrating to see this team so loaded with talent offensively stuggle at the helms of Dak.

I ain't gonna be too hard on them cause Donald is a beast and they're working with limited preparation.

Atlanta

And the audacity to talk about Chido when last year that ball wouldn't have been caught and nikkas would be complaining Chido didn't catch a pick lol

BigE214

Future GOAT
Daps
Reppin
Groveside, TX
All his throws are late. There is a reason why the moment a receiver catches the ball, there is no chance for any yac. I know I’m not the only one to catch this.
Only Gallup and that's cause he has a nack for braking tackles.

This is a better team than they showed yesterday.

LVE is done
Jaylon is a loveable loser
Tank is...idk man...

who_better_than_me

Time to go!!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The fact that we seemed to have missed out on the Connor Williams and Connor Mcgovern pick hasn't helped either since i think we drafted both to potentially be starters down the line. And while Williams started last night thus far he has been mediocre or hurt most of the time he has been in Dallas.
Connor Williams looked stronger last night. He been in the weight rooms wasn’t being pushed around constantly. Some of Zekes best runs came in between. Him and smith